Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 09-24-2008, 03:13 PM   #1

POW-MIA's Need Your Help

I went to Tallahassee this past week end for the POW-MIA rally at the State Capitol. I was a bit shocked to learn that many of my fellow U.S. citizens ask who, or what "Powmia" is. Well it's not some Indian name or tribe. It stands for "Prisoners Of War - Missing In Action" of our military personnel who went to fight for our nation but failed to return.

Due to Politics on both sides of the isle, our government has been avoiding using the great powers of our country to once and for all to do the research necessary to find our missing hero's or to put closure to those who passed on, for over a decade now.

Does this upset you that our government has not taken an honest effort in locating our missing Son's, Uncles, Fathers, Neighbors, Classmates, Relatives ??? I do hope it really steams you.

But remember Our Government is the people (or at least it's the concept and once was). If YOU don't make this an issue, probably no one else will. That is why we have the crisis in government we have today...because the silent moral majority remains silent.

Well I'm asking this of you, and those in your address books...Start making some phone calls TODAY, and keep making them on a weekly-monthly basis until someone in government finally says enough is enough, lets find out and bring them ALL Home our POW's & MIA's.

Call

Speaker of the House "Nancy Pelosi" Tell her to finally put House Resolution 111 and 1240 on the floor for vote.
(202) 225-4965 Alt ph. (414) 556-4862 email AmericanVoices@mail.house.gov

Contact your Senators and Congress members, Tell them you want HR111 and HR1240 Passed. For NW Florida
Jeff Miller (850) 479-1183 Alt ph. (202) 225-4136
Mel Martinez (202) 224-3041
Bill Nelson (202) 224-5274

To locate your Senator's phone number:
http://www.senate.gov/general/contac...nators_cfm.cfm

Thank you for your time and effort

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-24-2008, 08:52 PM   #2

POW-MIA's Need Your Help

Thank for posting. Least we forget. :'(
Kawanow Member #23
Hubbie-Ken '10 Metalic Black Goldwing

Old 09-25-2008, 11:53 AM   #3

POW-MIA's Need Your Help

This is another prime example of our government showing their ture colors. It really shows the value of US troops in our governmets eyes and proves our government is corrupt.

Old 09-25-2008, 12:06 PM   #4

POW-MIA's Need Your Help

I belive many of these MIA cases would be solved if the government was honest. (which they aren't) If you're son died serving this country wouldn't you want to know the truth?? If my son stepped on a landmine and disapeared I would rather know that than have him classified as MIA. Someone somewhere knows the truth but the truth doesn't make it past the battalion comander.

When I was in Iraq one of our platoon sergeants got ran over by a hummer and got his head squashed. It was an accident, it was dark he was laying on the ground and the driver didn't see him. They didn't tell his family that. He was from my hometown and it was being reported that he died in combat. Military representatives lie and say "we don't know all the details" Well, I think they better figure all the details out before they show up on someones door step to tell them their son has died, its only fair to the family. It starts with the PFC who sees his friend get blown up, the truth being reported to his platoon commander and the company comander to the battallion commander. Somewhere someone is worried about their career and blurs the truth.

Remember this story? http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal...han_firefight/

Old 09-25-2008, 05:54 PM   #5

POW-MIA's Need Your Help

As I was reading your post Wolfman, I was thinking about Tillman.

War gets sold and has propaganda makers, and sometimes they just need a better story than the real story.

I remember when I thought propaganda was what the communists did to their citizens. It was a disappointment to find out our government lays it on pretty thick too.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-25-2008, 06:21 PM   #6

POW-MIA's Need Your Help

Oh for gods sake. Here we go again, more government bashing. Can't you two just sit on your hands for a while.

Old 09-25-2008, 07:21 PM   #7

POW-MIA's Need Your Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanstreak031
Oh for gods sake. Here we go again, more government bashing. Can't you two just sit on your hands for a while.
We can always count on you to try to enforce political correctness and to try to keep only the sanitized story out there

A one man political correctness machine!

Old 09-25-2008, 09:40 PM   #8

POW-MIA's Need Your Help

I would hardly describe myself as politically correct, but I can count on you to describe and label me. But just so you know, here's how I would describe myself. I'm proud to be an American. I don't think for a minute that this government of our is perfect, but it is ours. I would rather have ours than any other. Would you dare have these converations say in Iran, Iraq, or Venezuela ?

I watch the news and try to decipher what I am being told. I read the newspaper, both points of view I might add, and make decisions based on the information I am given.I vote in every election. Sometimes the people I vote for win, sometimes they don't. If they don't, I don't whine about it. If I have a beef about something I don't hesitate to call the representative that is responsible, be it local, state, or federal.
I don't expect them to change the world for me. I do expect them to listen. I'm not into bashing the government no matter which party is in charge.If you don't like the way things are, run for office.
As far as POW-MIAs go, which is what this thread is supposed to be about, we need to do everything we can to bring them home and give their families closure. Hopefully someone will get the ball rolling in the right direction soon.

Old 09-26-2008, 12:52 AM   #9

POW-MIA's Need Your Help

"Beware of wolves in sheeps clothing" Our politicians want to put on a nice clean shave and throw a suit and tie on. Its a lot easier to change the outside than it is to change the inside. If they want to put on a front about how good they are and how corrupt they aren't they should start acting like it. "I don't think for a minute that this government of our is perfect, but it is ours." I do not condone lying. Whats wrong with holding our government officials to a higher standard than say Iran or North Korea? My kids aren't perfect and I do love them but NO I'm not the kind of person that would bail my kids out of jail.

Thanks for the post reloader, a true patriot raises the bullsh*t flag! and hell yes it upsets me. Our government is what it is because too many people accpet it because its ours. I'm afraid that our country will turn into North Korea someday and too many people will still be accepting it because its ours.

Meanstreak, I think we have more in common than you might think

Old 09-26-2008, 09:23 AM   #10

POW-MIA's Need Your Help

Meanstreak, when you aren't just dropping in with a quick jab at somebody, and really say what you think and believe, you make a lot of sense :)

Here's a thought I was having. During the revolutionary war there were two groups. The Tories and the revolutionist's. One group was very protective of the status quo and would turn on those seeking change. To the torries, those fighting against poor representation were the evil ones, and they were the good and loyal ones protecting the country as it was. Those that we now see as Patriots, and founding fathers, were nothing more than domestic terrorist who were fighting against their own country.

I'm not saying I'm a Patriot and you are a Torie, I'm just showing another time when those speaking out were the "bad" ones, and those loyal to the government were the supposed good ones. With time, the roles were reversed in peoples minds. Benedict Arnold, who was giving support to the "real" country was a traitor, the domestic terrorists were patriots.

In all my studying of the founding of this country, I'm pretty sure that the founding fathers would start a war against our present government and it's leaders. So if I'm right about that, our most revered leaders would start a war, and I'm just speaking out against it and keep getting slapped down. I'm trying to change perception, they'd start killing people and trying to figure out how their founding documents weren't written well enough to prevent what has happened. They would wonder how possibly the country they founded could get to the point of having Habeas corpus taken away, and people didn't overthrow those who took it away.

From my perspective, you are looking at the Emperor and saying that you see a fine set of clothes. I'm saying he's got no clothes on. You keep turning on me and saying to knock it off and say he has fine looking clothes.

You said it much nicer in your last post. I like hearing your opinions, rather than just telling us to hush.

One more thing, this was a post about POW's and Wolfman pointed out that we would need honest leaders to make any progress on that front. He then gave personal examples of where our present government lies about what is happening to our soldiers. I think the point was, how can we expect them to do something about what happened 30 or 40 years ago, when they are lying about our soldiers right now?

Totally on topic.

Old 09-26-2008, 11:07 AM   #11
Mega-Contributor

POW-MIA's Need Your Help

I was going to mention Pat Tillman's death as an example but someone beat me to it.

During Vietnam, we had soldiers running black ops into regions we had no business going into and because their missions were classified for reasons of national security, their whereabouts were never revealed. It's almost like they never existed after they shipped off to 'Nam.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17