Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > SouthWest Group

Old 04-01-2012, 05:32 PM   #1

Az bike week disappointment

Had a great time demo riding . Road a Voyager , Vaquero, Victory cross roads ,cross country & cross country tour < all cool fell in love with the Cross Country tour. The vendors were another story - junk gloves jackets t shirts . I was looking for heated gloves& clothes -(it does get cold in the morning here). I keep going back each year & no change .Next year will just go demo riding & forget the Cyclefest all together & save the $25

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-01-2012, 09:06 PM   #2
Mega-Contributor

I was there Wednesday afternoon, after the Buddy Stubbs ride. Yeah, it was pretty lame. A bunch of vendors selling the same imported garbage. The only bike builder I saw was Paul Yaffe. Actually watched Paul installing some PYO apehangers on someone's bike. My buddies and I had a beer, waited for the drawing at Buddy Stubbs booth, tried to get away from the horrible cover band that was playing in the beer tent and spotted some of the contestants for Miss AZ Bike Week.

By far, the most elaborate booths were the ones from the personal injury attorneys in the area - "lawyers who ride". Judging from their customized, custom painted 18 wheel rigs, they must be doing alright.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 05-08-2012, 01:05 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack View Post
I was there Wednesday afternoon, after the Buddy Stubbs ride. Yeah, it was pretty lame. A bunch of vendors selling the same imported garbage. The only bike builder I saw was Paul Yaffe. Actually watched Paul installing some PYO apehangers on someone's bike. My buddies and I had a beer, waited for the drawing at Buddy Stubbs booth, tried to get away from the horrible cover band that was playing in the beer tent and spotted some of the contestants for Miss AZ Bike Week.

By far, the most elaborate booths were the ones from the personal injury attorneys in the area - "lawyers who ride". Judging from their customized, custom painted 18 wheel rigs, they must be doing alright.
One day we'll run into each other, Teresa and I both did the BS Ride and we were in the pack o people waiting for the ticket drawing.