Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > SouthWest Group

Old 02-02-2012, 12:35 AM   #1

A call out to NorCal Nomads...

New member here looking for Nomads local to the SF Bay Area. Hello... knock knock... anybody out there?

I was thinking about drilling out the baffles on my '07 Nomad, but there's a catch - I don't really want LOUDER pipes, I want deeper tone.

You can't tell by listening on computer speakers, so I can't tell if the tone is right for me. I'm not interested in spending the dough for high dollar pipes and drilling out the baffles would be easy for me but I wanna hear it first.

I'll ride any reasonable distance for a listen, and the first round's on me.

-Kevin

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-02-2012, 02:22 AM   #2

Here is the video, and written instructions, http://home.comcast.net/~addss/debaffle.pdf if you are interested in removing the baffle.
VBA #01951
2008 Diablo Black Nomad

Old 02-02-2012, 07:32 AM   #3

The video captured the process and sound very well. My baffles were much tougher to remove. Probably because my bike was older at the time I did it ( 5 years).
One side took me 5-10 minutes of heavy pulling/twisting. The other side took a few tries,some vise grips, and lots of patience. Don't be in a hurry and make sure you don't take shortcuts. Use the dowling and the correct size hole saw.

I did not like the "thumping" at highway speed so I added Valkyrie tips to carry the sound a little farther out....perfect.

It has been 4 years and I am glad I did it.