Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > NorthCentral Group

Old 07-23-2008, 09:07 PM   #1

NCR Ideas

Hello North Central Region members;

Ponch and I briefly discussed and idea about helping our region organize itself; and possibly help it grow. Keep in mind; this is only a discussion and nothing if final until approved by Ponch.

One of the ideas was to consider smaller "districts" within our region -- given the fact that our region geographically covers a lot of area. As we all know; being able to meet in person on a regular basis as a complete "region-group" has its challenges.

Thus the discussion of "districts".

We would remain under the leadership of the North Central Region (NCR) of KawaNOW; however, members could semi-organize more "locally" themselves.

Organizing the "districts" could be by State; or simply by locations of current NCR members. (Illinois -- where I am from -- has enough members throughout the state to have at least three districts -- the Northern; the Central; and the Southern)

There are many ideas and variations of how this could be done. Certainly; I have a few ideas myself; but would like to hear from others over the next week or so to see if this is something we would like to consider; or to at least see if we can. (Again; this has to be approved first.)

Anyway... sound-off is you would.

Greg

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

"You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts."

Former VBA NCR Assist Regional Leader
Formerly: 2004 1500FI Bronze Nomad: 2009 & 2014 HD Ultra
Current Rides: 2017 HD Ultra Limited & 2011 Can Am Spyder RTS-SE
Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-24-2008, 11:30 PM   #2

NCR Ideas

Personally I think the regional breakdown is enough.Surely we can figure out how to meet one another without further breaking down geographical areas. We could do like Texas has in the past and have a "meetchahalfway". Texans and their big words,LOL.

Old 07-25-2008, 02:03 PM   #3

NCR Ideas

Good day to all- I agree with "meanstreak" !! I think( in my humble opinion) if it starts breaking down to smaller and smaller districts some of the original goals of KawaNow will be jeoporadized by the needs of the smaller districts. If it is just a matter of meeting for riding, then that could simply be done by the individuals of any given state or region as they find time without being in a formal organization. Not a big issue in reality to me but as they say - "Keep it simple" Anyway it plays out, I'll help when and where I can. Again, just my thoughts on the subject! Have a good day and be safe, Abbo

Old 07-25-2008, 09:12 PM   #4

NCR Ideas

Keep in mind that there would not be any formal "districts" developed. This is not what is being considered. The districts would informal in nature; and only be to help facilitate the region's growth; activities; rides; and etc. I just thought I would clear-up that misunderstanding for everyone.

Thanks for the input though. Everyone ride safe!!

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Old 07-26-2008, 10:23 PM   #5

NCR Ideas

I understood what you are talking about. I'm in Lincoln,Nebraska. The other side of the district, Danville, Illinois is only a day ride. So,this is just an example, if I were to ride to the Quad Cities and meet someone from Danville,we could have lunch and be back home again for supper.
Or, if I were on my way to Ohio, which I do couple of times a summer, I could meet some folks on the way out and back.As a matter of fact I plan on heading to Ohio either late August or early September to visit family.
My point is as long as we communicate we can meet lots of folks in the district.Just ideas to consider.

Mike

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-27-2008, 10:35 AM   #6

NCR Ideas

Got ya Mike. If we could get a few more doing that it would be great. If you cruise through the northern part of Illinois sometime; let me know.

Talk later.

VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Old 07-28-2008, 01:16 AM   #7

NCR Ideas

I certainly will. If anyone is taking a trip,no matter how long or short, they could post it and see if anyone was on the route. Would be nice knowing you have friends along the way .

Mike

Old 07-30-2008, 12:05 PM   #8

Send a message via MSN to scion0
NCR Ideas

I'm up for meeting some folks in Illinois sometimes.

Mike
"Scion0"
VBA#: 0097
Former VBA North Central Asst Regional Leader
St Jude Rides Peoria to Memphis Rider
Retired MSgt, USAF (1979 -99)
"Don't sweat the small stuff, and it's all small stuff!"
Current ride: 2012 H-D Ultra FLHTCU (Black)
Past ride: 2007 Black Nomad

Old 07-30-2008, 08:22 PM   #9

NCR Ideas

I guess Aug 16th is a St. Jude ride in Rockford if interested. I posted another message on the "meet-n-greet" thread about some ideas for the IL, WI, IA, MN area. I know this leaves out the Dakota's and NE; but at least I am trying to come up with some areas to ride.

Let us know what you are thinking... daylight warmth is burning for the season for this part of the country (that is unless you wear snowsuits to ride).

VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Old 07-30-2008, 08:27 PM   #10

NCR Ideas

You know; I am going to look at my calendar and post some rides and dates that I will plan on taking. In that way, if anyone is in the area or simply interested they can join in. Otherwise if we care to organize a "meet-n-greet" we need to get on it -- or just plan ahead for next year for a couple.

I personally have intentions of attending the "national-rally" if at all possible. I have just a few more details on scheduling to take care of first. Then hopefully I (and my wife) will get a chance to meet others in the group.

Otherwise I think a couple regional gatherings would be great.

VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417