Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > Canada West Group

Old 07-10-2015, 12:30 AM   #61

Calgary & Area Meet Up Point

It has been suggested that we meet up at the Petro Canada west of Calgary on the Trans Canada Highway and the junction of Hwy 22.

Those who need to can fuel up and there is a Humpty's or a Smitty's there so if anyone wants to grab breakfast beforehand they can as well.

Let's plan to meet there anytime between 9:00 and 9:45 and be rolling out of there by 10:00. It looks like just over 5 hours + stops + construction (I'm sure that there will be plenty of that) so we should roll into Salmon Arm late afternoon.

Echo will be coming down from Edmonton and meeting us there and anyone else coming from the North is welcome to if this works with their schedule.

"Sun on my face, wind in my hair, sound of my bike in my ears and peace in my soul..."
VBA Member #01514
2008 "Ultra" Nomad 1600, Candy Plasma Blue

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-10-2015, 10:57 AM   #62

I'll think about you all while I'm signing house papers that day Al.

Old 07-10-2015, 10:59 AM   #63

Just a reminder note that myself and Operator will meet up with you all on Saturday in Nakusp.

Old 07-10-2015, 12:35 PM   #64

This is optional, but if anyone joining the ride wishes, feel free to PM me with your cell phone number an I will in return give you mine.

Just thinking that it's probably good to have a contact number in case someone does not show up at their destination or encounters trouble on the road.

"Sun on my face, wind in my hair, sound of my bike in my ears and peace in my soul..."
VBA Member #01514

Old 07-12-2015, 12:21 PM   #65

meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyager View Post
Just a reminder note that myself and Operator will meet up with you all on Saturday in Nakusp.
Hey Kevin. We are leaving on Tuesday for this trip so I will meet up with you in Nakusp. Hope you're bringing those ultimate baffles.
Andy
VBA member #02543

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-14-2015, 02:00 AM   #66

Will be leaving on Thursday for an overnight with Lomax. So it will be a very short ride into Salmon Arm. CanuckRider and I scouted the ride from Salmon Arm to Nakusp and it was good riding. We arranged for a cool surprise for Salmon Arm for y'all

Looking forward to seeing everyone. Ride safe.

See yah in Chewelah Duffy. Looks like the 4 original Wescaleros ride again

Hammer aka CrocHammer
KawaNow#00988, VROC#26389, VR#2202
Abbotsford, BC, Canada
2006 Black Nomad

Old 07-14-2015, 11:34 AM   #67

The countdown begins - 72 hours until I hit the road!

I know that some of you are getting a head start, some I think are leaving as early as today. Ride Safe and see you in Salmon Arm or Nakusp!

VBA Member #01514

Old 07-15-2015, 08:29 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer View Post
We arranged for a cool surprise for Salmon Arm for y'all
As long as there's no blindfold involved...... See ya there!
VBA #02217
06 Nomad
Buy the ticket, Take the ride.

Old 07-15-2015, 09:36 PM   #69

July 17 -18

So what is the plan for Saturday? Im going to be in Revelstoke Fri. evening. When are the folks from Salman Arm leaving? Expect that you are doing the Monashee Pass?
2006 900 Kawa Classic
2007 1600 Nomad
2013 Voyager

Old 07-16-2015, 09:26 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by seawolf View Post
So what is the plan for Saturday? Im going to be in Revelstoke Fri. evening. When are the folks from Salman Arm leaving? Expect that you are doing the Monashee Pass?
John,
Here is the proposed itinerary for Saturday:

• 9:00 AM - Travel west on the Trans-Canada Hwy to Sorrento to the Dreamcycle Motorcycle Museum 3096 Trans-Canada Hwy, Sorrento, BC (Approx 26 km – 17 minute ride, LH side of the highway)
• 9:30 AM - Guided tour of the museum by Mark, the owner - $10 per person admission fee
• 11:00 AM – Head back east on the Trans-Canada Hwy to Nakusp (via Vernon) - approx 4 hours riding time + ferry wait time at the Needles-Fauquier ferry
• NOTE: BEST TO FUEL UP IN VERNON AS VERY LITTLE IS AVAILABLE BETWEEN THERE AND NAKUSP
• 4:00 – 5:00 PM – Check in at the Selkirk Inn, 210 6 Ave NW, Nakusp
• 6:30 – Dinner at the Leland Hotel.

The plan is to take Highways 97B, 97A, 97 and 6 from Salmon Arm to Nakusp.

VBA Member #01514

Old 07-16-2015, 09:29 AM   #71

The countdown continues - just a little over 24 HOURS until I hit the road.

I know that today is going to seem like a long day at work.

Besides Eagle Eye & Echo, does anyone else plan on meeting up with me Friday morning at the Petro-Canada west of Calgary at the junction of the TransCanada and Hwy 22?

VBA Member #01514

Old 07-17-2015, 11:16 PM   #72

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckrider View Post
John,
Here is the proposed itinerary for Saturday:

• 9:00 AM - Travel west on the Trans-Canada Hwy to Sorrento to the Dreamcycle Motorcycle Museum 3096 Trans-Canada Hwy, Sorrento, BC (Approx 26 km – 17 minute ride, LH side of the highway)
• 9:30 AM - Guided tour of the museum by Mark, the owner - $10 per person admission fee
• 11:00 AM – Head back east on the Trans-Canada Hwy to Nakusp (via Vernon) - approx 4 hours riding time + ferry wait time at the Needles-Fauquier ferry
• NOTE: BEST TO FUEL UP IN VERNON AS VERY LITTLE IS AVAILABLE BETWEEN THERE AND NAKUSP
• 4:00 – 5:00 PM – Check in at the Selkirk Inn, 210 6 Ave NW, Nakusp
• 6:30 – Dinner at the Leland Hotel.

The plan is to take Highways 97B, 97A, 97 and 6 from Salmon Arm to Nakusp.
My plans have been changed...a new grandson today:)))
I will leave Saturday morning and meet with the group in Creston. Hopefully I can touch base with you and meet you in Crawford Bay Sunday if the timing works out.
2006 900 Kawa Classic
2007 1600 Nomad
2013 Voyager

Old 07-18-2015, 08:50 PM   #73

I met most of these hard core bikers in salmon arm and even though i was on the harley...they madee welcome. Great bunch of guys ..lots of laughs..just wish I had more time. A big thanks to all involved in making this happen. ..bdog

Old 07-20-2015, 08:21 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdog View Post
I met most of these hard core bikers in salmon arm and even though i was on the harley...they madee welcome. Great bunch of guys ..lots of laughs..just wish I had more time. A big thanks to all involved in making this happen. ..bdog
John, it was great to finally meet you after all the PM's and emails over the past couple of years. Too bad you couldn't stay longer on the ride as we all had a great time.

I rolled into home at about 4:30 local time. We [Dan (Eagle Eye) & Brad (Echo)] hit a few showers through the Crowsnest Pass area but nothing major. About 35 km south of Longview we hit some steady rain. Dan left us at Black Diamond and Brad and I parted just west of Okotoks. The skies to the east looked pretty dark but there was some blue sky to the north. Hopefully his travels to Edmonton are safe and he managed to keep reasonably warm & dry.

I had a great time and enjoyed meeting up with old friends and ridin' buddies and meeting a lot of great new guys. Despite a few little glitches (2 hour wait for our food at the Leland Hotel in Nakusp) I would have to rate it as an overall success.

Hope to see you all again on the road in the near future!

VBA Member #01514

Old 07-21-2015, 01:31 PM   #75
Advanced Member

It was great meeting all of you and I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. What an irreverent and very fine bunch you were.

And are Gord (Elcanaco) and I ever embarrassed. He said to blame our wrong turn on him. I wasn't listening to closely while Al was giving him directions to the museum so after all of you turned right out of the motel parking lot, we turned left. About 40 Ks down the road we pulled over and I pulled out the directions. Gord put the address in his Gold Wing GPS and I watched as he started shaking his head in disbelief. We had intended to visit the museum and then ride along with some of the bunch before heading to Castlegar, but I suppose we didn't want to show our faces as "wrong way Corrigans".

If we do this again I'll definitely attend the entire event. As I mentioned to Canuckrider though, our daughter is recovering from a life threatening illness and we received short term notice that she and her husband would be visiting us while she was out here for a medical conference in Seattle.

My ride home from Castlegar was probably the worst of my life. It was beautiful while in BC but when I turned south the temps started climbing. By the time I headed into Stevens pass it was incredibly hot. The Nomad performed flawlessly though. I got within 30 miles of Everett Washington and hit bumper to bumper traffic so pulled off and got a room across the street from Bubba's Road House.

I am looking forward to the next ride but will definitely be making some of the mods I saw on the Nomads there.

Thanks again Canuckrider for putting this together.

Edit: I meant to add that I encountered some of the most stunning scenery I've ever seen on a ride. The Enchanted Forrest is truly beautiful with the mountains rising up out of pristine lakes. And I always love those inland ferry rides across BC's deep, clear lakes. I very much look forward to a return visit.

Last edited by Navigator; 07-21-2015 at 01:51 PM.