Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > Canada West Group

Old 12-13-2010, 12:11 PM   #1
Top Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to rickyboy
Pretty quiet!! Merry Christmas everyone!!!

Hi there everyone.
Just thought I'd refresh the page with "something".
I'm assuming that because it's so quiet here, It's because of the winter weather we are now going through. I don't suppose many are out riding. It's been real wet here so there are few bikes out on the road where I live. Having said that though, it looks pretty nice right now at 8:30 AM. Sun is shining and it's a balmy 5* in Langley.
Is anyone doing anything to their rides this winter? I should be getting the Nomad back from the shop soon and I think I'll try tackling the steering bearing. Has anyone done this before? Any pointers I should/could know about?
What about mods.....anything planned?
What about a Christmas gift wish list? No I'm not buying for the "...Nomad Riders" My wife and I don't buy for each other in the traditional way. She says what she wants ....we go she shows me, and I buy it. Then,....I say what I want and I order online or go get it. Works for me. This year I got my "extra Paint" done on the bike, buying a Garmin GPS., buying a indicator light bezel to fill the hole that needs filling in the new inner fairing.

Anyway.....I just thought I'd see what the "west coast guys" were up to. I hope everyone is well. Stay tuned in.
What are everyone's plans for trips and so on for next summer. It looked like there are some going to the "Rally in the Redwoods"
I'd like to start talking with Kevin Clark to see about a rally in 2012. It'll be the regional rally year. If anyone has some suggestions, even though it's a long ways off, start a thread here, and let's put some ideas out there. I'd love to host something and invite whomever wants to come from the other regions. Show them some of the best that motorcycle riding has to offer. I've been in touch with Kawai Canada and the Canadian rep. wants to know if/when/what we have planned and he said he'd support us 100% and would love to show up if it's at all possible.

Ciao for now
Rick "rickyboy" Cole

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
108 Mile Ranch, British Columbia
Canada
Vulcan Bagger Assoc. #00722
Black 2006 Nomad

https://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/ico...Book_32x32.png

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 12-13-2010, 01:35 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyboy ... #00722
I'd like to start talking with Kevin Clark to see about a rally in 2012. It'll be the regional rally year. If anyone has some suggestions, even though it's a long ways off, start a thread here, and let's put some ideas out there. I'd love to host something and invite whomever wants to come from the other regions.
Hey Rick,
Things are pretty quiet here in Calary as well. But with close to a foot of snow on the ground ......

I'd like to see if we can get some of us together for a meet & greet during the Calgary motorcycle show (Jan 7-9, 2011 BMO Centre, Stampede park). I'm fairly new to the board and would like to get to know some of the other members in and around the Calgary area and plan some rides for 2011. I'll post a separate thread here soon and see what kind of interest we can drum up.

I'd be very interested in a 2012 Regional Rally and would love to hear some ideas from others. A few years back a group of us had a rally in Creston; some excellent riding in that area around the lakes, Kaslo, New Denver. As well, it's close to the border for any of our American brothers & sisters who want to make the trip north.

"Sun on my face, wind in my hair, sound of my bike in my ears and peace in my soul..."
VBA Member #01514
2008 "Ultra" Nomad 1600, Candy Plasma Blue

Old 12-13-2010, 06:41 PM   #3

Eh everyone, not much happening up here either, mind you I'm not home much. I've been working lots of overtime lately. I plan on buying a motorcycle trailer this year, sometime around april. The Nomad is slowly comming apart for new add ons as I machine them. I would post some pics but I'm haveing a problem with photobucket and can't post! Anyways the brass, copper, aluminum combo I've come up with is working out well and I'm even impressed. I hope everyone is doing well. Rick, when do you think your bike will be back in your hands from the insurance job? I hope your knee is getting better too. ... John

Old 12-13-2010, 10:53 PM   #4
Top Contributor

Thanks John, It's nice to hear from a couple of the west coast guys.

The knee is getting better. Too fast for my liking. I'll have to go back to work sooner than I want to. I haven't started physio yet so I have a ways to go.

I'm curious about what you've dreamed up for the bike.

My bike is done! I have to go and pay my bill tomorrow and they'll trailer it home for me the first decent day. I told them I didn't want it brought home in the rain and all the road dirt coming off vehicles. They have a covered trailer maybe they can use it. Then I'll post a couple of photos showing the paint.

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
Canada
Black 2006 Nomad

Old 12-14-2010, 01:07 AM   #5

Can't wait to see the new pics Rick. I'm back to work tomorrow so I won't be able to correct photobucket for a least another week or so. Then I'll post some pics.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 12-14-2010, 11:31 PM   #6

Hey Guys! It's great to see some conversation happening! With our snow, my bike is tucked away for the time being but I'm looking forward to the motorcycle show. Unfortunately we're going to miss the Redwoods Rally as my son is getting married around then. We are planning a trip down the west coast to San Fran though in July. Anyone else planning any bigger trips coming up?

Old 12-15-2010, 01:34 AM   #7
Top Contributor

The National is on my list for June.....wanna go?

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
Canada
Black 2006 Nomad

Old 12-15-2010, 11:37 AM   #8

Motorcycle has been parked since Nov.I would like to put another clutch spring in and do the cam extenders that will be about it.We were thinking of going down the coast too.I would like to go see the MotoGP race at Laguna Seca somewhere around San Fran in late July.
Merry Xmas

Old 12-17-2010, 10:18 PM   #9
Advanced Member

hey guys
Its been a real busy time for me the last few months with trying to get my house and garage finished. Finally finished siding the garage and have the inside all done now as well. Things are starting to get back to normal (whatever that is) and hopefully will be able to spend more time here on the forum. I haven't had the cover off my bike for a couple months but now that the garage is done, and some other small jobs are winding down, I should be able to have some free time to do some maintenance on the bike.

Shortest daylight day of the year coming pretty quick and then its all down hill til spring. Only 4-5 months till riding season.... :( oh well, it will be here soon enough.

Yep, "Rally in the Redwoods" is definately on the "todo" list for this summer , barring any major roadblocks. Kris and I are also planning a nice ride to northern BC, Alberta and then down into the USA. It will be a full weeks ride and should happen around early July. This one is still in the planning stage and hopefully we can have the time to go. I also read somewhere on here about a meet and greet with the AB guys and I would be into doing that as well.

Great you got your bike back Rick! :)

Mike

Mike Donahue
Morinville, AB
VBA#17

"Every day above ground is a good one!"

Old 12-17-2010, 11:58 PM   #10
Top Contributor

Hi Mike
I figured you'd be busy doing the house. Glad it's all coming together for you. It's also nice to see you with some time to be with us again.

And yes it's nice to have the bike home.

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
Canada
Black 2006 Nomad

Old 12-19-2010, 07:50 PM   #11

Merry Christmas to you all. I've been traveling a lot for work so not much leisure time, a poor excuse I know, but an excuse none the less. John, are we still on for meeting up at the Edmonton bike show? I'll be bringing my riser spacers and risers for you to work your magic with. Either the Friday or the Saturday, Deb and I are easy with both.

Old 12-19-2010, 07:57 PM   #12
Top Contributor

Debs easy!!!!!!! ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
Canada
Black 2006 Nomad

Old 12-21-2010, 11:58 AM   #13
Top Contributor

I just wanted to take a second and wish every "Western Canada Nomad Rider" and their families a very! very! merry Christmas! and a most prosperous 2011. I hope everyone stays happy and well. And if any one out there is perhaps a little less fortunate and or "under the weather" that things get better for you in all regards, in 2011.
Sometimes I forget that there are people out there that aren't as fortunate as myself and my family. I feel lucky and very blessed to have good general health and a good job to rtn to when I get over this knee thing.
Best wishes to everyone.

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
Canada
Black 2006 Nomad

Old 12-21-2010, 09:08 PM   #14
Advanced Member

...Thanks Rick and the same back to you and yours. Hope your Xmas season is a happy and blessed one. And to all Kawanow brothers and sisters, Merry Xmas and our wish for you all is a happy, healthy and prosperous new year..... :)

Mike and Lorna

Mike Donahue
Morinville, AB
VBA#17

"Every day above ground is a good one!"

Old 12-21-2010, 10:04 PM   #15
Top Contributor

Geez....how did I miss this thread until now....?? Rick....I think I answered your steering head questions in another thread....lol.

It has been a great pleasure to have met and spent time/rides with several of you BC, AB members this past year! I hope this coming summer brings more of the same. As Mike mentioned, we have eyes on a week-long ride in early July that will take in some of the best riding in BC, AB, Montana, Idaho and Washington if anyone else is interested. I have heard from a couple others so we'll see how it goes. The Redwoods Rally with be a "wicked awesome" week as well....and I can't even wait for that !

Anyways....I sincerely want to wish a safe and joyous Christmas and New Year to each and every one of you.... and don't eat too many holiday goodies... ;) !
VBA #0691
2017 HD Ultra Limited Low
2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
2012 1700 Vulcan Voyager
2008 1600 Vulcan Nomad
1997 Vulcan 800 Classic

"Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional"

Custer 2009|Kalispell 2010|Cortez 2010|Crescent City 2011|Kanab 2012|Canmore 2012|Estes Park 2013|Orofino 2014|Lake Tahoe 2015|Red Lodge 2016