Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Images & Video

Old 03-28-2016, 09:38 AM   #1

How does this compare to your dragon ?

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/...0709882e83eb60

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-28-2016, 11:19 AM   #2

Not enough curves mate! Here ya go -

http://www.her-motorcycle.com/images/map_640.jpg

Last edited by CajunVulcan; 03-28-2016 at 11:39 AM.

Old 03-28-2016, 11:25 AM   #3
Top Contributor

Hi mate
It's always the same old story on Stelvio Pass... too many bycicles.
It's almost impossible to drive safe.

VN 800 A - VN 900 Classic
VN 1700 Vaquero

Usque ad finem.

Old 03-28-2016, 11:49 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
Hi mate
It's always the same old story on Stelvio Pass... too many bycicles.
It's almost impossible to drive safe.
I could'nt believe how many nutters would want to cycle up that mountain.
I toured Europe about 20yrs ago in a BMW 520i towing a caravan,somewhere in the Italian alps the car overheated,because it was struggling with the altitude and the steepness of the road.So i pulled over to let it cool down and check the radiator.While i was having a piss over the side of the mountain,i heard a womans voice, i turned around, cock in hand, to see a nun, waving and smiling as she rode past on a bicycle.How fit was she !

Old 03-28-2016, 12:04 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunVulcan View Post
Not enough curves mate! Here ya go -

http://www.her-motorcycle.com/images/map_640.jpg

That is a nice road mate. I live in the New Forest,and there are loads of roads like that,not as long and wide,but thats pretty much the way it is in some parts.What does he think he's doing anyway, weaving all over the place,and trying to get his knee down on a Goldwing.

No wonder some of you blokes use car tyres,a good bike tyre would be wasted on your roads.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-28-2016, 12:20 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick56 View Post
That is a nice road mate. I live in the New Forest,and there are loads of roads like that,not as long and wide,but thats pretty much the way it is in some parts.What does he think he's doing anyway, weaving all over the place,and trying to get his knee down on a Goldwing.

No wonder some of you blokes use car tyres,a good bike tyre would be wasted on your roads.
LOL....A car tire on a Goldwing works perfect for running the dragon and there are many who do it. I also would be able to ride on over there, ride the dragon a few times, and ride back home without having to stop and buy a rear tire before I get back home.

All the roads down here where I live are straight and bland. One has to be careful as not to hit the alligators and deer crossing in front of you.

Old 03-28-2016, 12:46 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunVulcan View Post
LOL....A car tire on a Goldwing works perfect for running the dragon and there are many who do it. I also would be able to ride on over there, ride the dragon a few times, and ride back home without having to stop and buy a rear tire before I get back home.

All the roads down here where I live are straight and bland. One has to be careful as not to hit the alligators and deer crossing in front of you.
I never rode a Goldwing,but i am guessing it would suit a car tyre better than a Nomad,and i am with you on the mileage they can handle. I am old enough to remember when all bike tyres were square like a car tyre,and they were absolutely lethal.They were responsible for a lot of bike accidents,because they gave no warning as you reached the edge where the tread disapeared.One second you were right up your makes exhaust pipe,the next, you were scooting through the undergrowth on your arse.

I would imagine that today's car tyres are a lot more forgiving,but you would be hard pressed to persuade English riders to use them on our roads. Although if i was shown a good rounded tyre, that worked well on a Nomad
i might be.

Old 03-28-2016, 04:16 PM   #8

This is the guy on a Goldwing that holds the record on the dragon..........

Cliff "VulcanE" Evans
2005 Blue & Silver 1600 Nomad
VBA # 320
VROC # 20381

Old 03-28-2016, 05:27 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by VulcanE View Post
This is the guy on a Goldwing that holds the record on the dragon..........

Mate,i really dont mean to take the piss here,and i never rode a Goldwing,never mind one with car tyre's on it.But he doesnt seem to be leaning that over near as much as he could for a lot of those bends,and some of them he sits it back up,and takes the bend twice.Whether that is down to the tyres,i dont know.Then he is losing time by not going at it as fast as he could between the bends,and braking too early.That is a beautifull road,in a beutifull part of your amazing country,and i hope one day i can come and show you blokes how it should be ridden. On bike tyres.

Old 03-28-2016, 08:47 PM   #10
Advanced Member

At 5:41 in the above video, in that curve, is where I about shit my pants. Hard to tell but it is going slightly down hill. You carry a lot of speed coming to the corner. I went to grab a hand full of front brake and a pedal of rear brake, but the rear pedal went to the floor board. Front was hot and had gotten weak from the heat. Ended up sliding the front tire and was over the white line going around the curve, crash bar rubbing the asphalt. Denny606 was in front of me and came back looking for me. I was driving like an old maid the rest of the way through.

Patriot Guard Riders
Sons Of Liberty Riders Alabama Road Captain
2015 Voyager
2003 1500 NOMAD FI sold 6/19
VBA #2993
RUSSELL DAYLONG SEATS ROCK!!
DAMMIT TOOL:
Any handy tool that you grab and throw across the garage while yelling "DAMMIT" at the top of your lungs

There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.

SO MANY ROADS,
SO LITTLE TIME.

Old 03-28-2016, 09:11 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck A. View Post
At 5:41 in the above video, in that curve, is where I about shit my pants. Hard to tell but it is going slightly down hill. You carry a lot of speed coming to the corner. I went to grab a hand full of front brake and a pedal of rear brake, but the rear pedal went to the floor board. Front was hot and had gotten weak from the heat. Ended up sliding the front tire and was over the white line going around the curve, crash bar rubbing the asphalt. Denny606 was in front of me and came back looking for me. I was driving like an old maid the rest of the way through.
Mate you done well,(for an old maid). and i didnt set out to take the piss I doubt most of the audience could have done any better.But you straight line fuckers need to come and do a daily ride through the Forest.We country boy's would make you look stupid

Old 03-28-2016, 11:41 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck A. View Post
I thought I was riding slow, so inward kinda surprised when I didn't see Chuck behind me I went back looking for him and we found some one had put both sealing washers on one side of the banjo fitting we rode out of there and got some new washers and fixed it that evening. It had held since he had the bike so I'm thinking he musta out somextra poundage in that brake pedal to have it lose fluid or it had heated up and thinned out enough to leak, who knows ? He was talking oretty fas when I went back , believe he was a little excited

"Ride hard or stay home" Joe Robinson aka Old Dog, R.I.P

Old 03-28-2016, 11:49 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick56 View Post
Mate you done well,(for an old maid). and i didnt set out to take the piss I doubt most of the audience could have done any better.But you straight line fuckers need to come and do a daily ride through the Forest.We country boy's would make you look stupid
Who you calling straight line ****** I roll out of my carport into some of the best riding in the world, the Appalachian Mountains. We don't dodge nuns on bicycles here mate. We dodge eighteen wheel coal trucks hauling 40 tons of coal on these winding switchback hill roads. I call that Nun on a bicycle and raise you ten Good ole boys in eighteen wheelers in a row that are halfway across your lane in the turns just to keep the trailer out of the road ditch.

"Ride hard or stay home" Joe Robinson aka Old Dog, R.I.P

Last edited by denny 606; 03-28-2016 at 11:54 PM.