Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > Canada West Group

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-25-2017, 11:47 PM   #1

Rabbie Burns Day and 2017 Ride

Hiya all;
So a very happy Rabbie Burns day to all. I trust you enjoyed your haggis and scotch (as I surely did) and are now raring to ride!

Did I miss suggestions for a ride this year? Not sure how you usually have this discussion as I only joined last year - is it a poll on dates first with options for number of days? Then once picked a review of suggestions on locale? I am up for anything so let me know Mr Moderator Sir.

Perhaps to kick it off I can cast a strawman for people to pull to pieces and rebuild:

How about celebrating Canada 150 years, so sometime after 1 July, say late July or early August (how about 25-29 July as that includes Great Upheaval Day in NB on the 28th and remembers the Acadians who were transported)?

Could head to and centre on the Shuswap, possibly stay in Salmon Arm and day trip from there. Gotta include a ride to Craigellachie for a group photo at the last spike - that railway was the agreement for BC to enter confederation in the first place!

So we are close enough for AB, northern BC, Vancouver Islanders (me) and our friends across the line perhaps to meet and celebrate.

The "Dreamcycle" motorcycle museum ( www.dreamcycle.ca ) is between Salmon Arm and Sorrento and with sprockets café next is apparently worthy of a visit.

Go to http://shuswaptourism.ca/plan/guides and check out the 8 road trips brochure for half day rides.

I would need say, four/five days; two to catch the ferry and travel there and back, and two or three to hang around and pull a couple of rides and maybe swim in the lake.

How about it guys? Thrash this strawman!

Login or Register to Remove Ads