Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Riding > Rallies & Rides > Archived > NorthEast Regional Rally - 2010

Old 08-02-2010, 07:34 AM   #1
Top Contributor

Fish & Chips thoughts on the rally

This was our first opportunity to organize such an event. After all the rain during the 2009 rally with nowhere to go and nothing to do close by, I thought we would have to find somewhere that has places to go and things to do with optional transportation such as a trolley that turns around at the motel. What more could anyone ask for. Lake George seemed like a perfect solution. It had all these amenities plus beautiful scenery to boot. Fran Cove met all the requirements for holding such an event.
First, I have to thank my wife Elaine (Chips) without her I would not have got back into riding, for putting up with me and probably I wouldn’t even be here period!
Second, Elaine (Chips) and I want to put out a very much-deserved thank you to TC & Sarge for planning & leading the rides with all the beautiful scenery, COOL fresh mountain air. OH! By the way Tim you don’t have to wash our bikes, they got washed off on the way home.
Third, Come on guys we all have to admit if it weren’t for the spouses we only would have had beer at the picnic. So a special thank you goes out to Elaine (Chips), Laura (Mrs. Sarge) and Mary (Mrs. Onesherpa). Hey, I never did get a smore.
Fourth, another thank you has to go out to our chiefs, John (Merri1) and Bob (Beezer) for only lightly burning the dogs and burgers. Hey guys, don’t worry the hair on your knuckles, it will grow back.
And finally, if there was anyone I forgot to thank, I apologize but know that your contribution was appreciated.
To see a group of people that came from far and wide, most of which never meet one another, could chat, get along and become friends to the point of kidding around in just three days goes to show just how strong our love of motorcycling is and how great each and everyone of you are. You guys and gals are more then just friends; you truly are brothers and sisters. Between all the thank you’s, goodbyes, take care, ride safe and hope to see you soon, as we were waving our last goodbye to Dave and Mary, a dang bug flew in the window and into my eye that caused my eye to water.

Till next time, take care, safe riding and we hope to see you all soon.

Larry (Fish) & Elaine (Chips)

74,010miles
VBA #299
Her's 10 900LT 36,700

09 Bath NY.
10 Lake George NY.
11 National Maggie Valley NC.
12 Pa Wilds (Wellsboro) Pa.
14 Lincoln NH.
17 National Lake George NY.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-02-2010, 08:16 AM   #2

Weel said.

Old 08-02-2010, 09:57 AM   #3

Verl Well Said..
I guess weel said works too, Guess weel said is a RI slang term LOL

Old 08-02-2010, 10:34 AM   #4

BRAVO!!!!
2012 Ebony Black Kawasaski Concours 14

Old 08-02-2010, 12:07 PM   #5

You did a great job Lar.
The bar is set real high for the next NorthEast Rally.
You did say you were staying in command, right ;)
I still think Cindy's idea of running you guys bikes into the pool would have washed them just fine.
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-02-2010, 06:54 PM   #6

[quote author=radco board=nerally2010 thread=18977 post=286925 time=1280761072]Verl Well Said..
I guess weel said works too, Guess weel said is a RI slang term LOL[/quote

LOL Got me. I knew SLY would comment.

Old 08-02-2010, 07:46 PM   #7

What sly said.

Old 08-02-2010, 07:58 PM   #8

It was a first class event for sure!! Well Done guys.
You can have next year off since its our national rally, but it would sure be nice to have you's all back organising another one the following year.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 08-03-2010, 05:47 PM   #9
Sr. Contributor

I ride alone most of the time and would never have created that list of criteria to meet. The town trolly and every detail was well thought out. The best part was for arrainging sun the whole time. I am mystified how you arrainged for that. I can't even pull that stunt off.

Best fun for Gwyn and me in a decade, really! I liked getting a chance to be the real ankel biter I am too, and there it seemed were countless victims. Beezer took more than his fair share and well. Flavor thrives on it, did you see his ankels? I can tell Old Dawg needs no lessons, hes' good enough as is.

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it

Old 08-03-2010, 07:30 PM   #10

Mac you were a Trip to hang with lol.. NH should be a blast :)

Old 08-03-2010, 08:31 PM   #11

If you guys don't mind a Southerner stepping in.....I looked at the pictures and you all had some amazing scenery for your rides. Nice motel also. Where was Mac, I must have missed him? Did you guys get him to do any wrenching up there? Probably didn't have time with all of the planned rides. Steve, you didn't look too bad on the Harley. I do have to get up there for a ride. It's on the bucket list but I've run out of storage for all of the buckets. I've been to New York twice but both trips were confined to Manhattan, each trip being a week. Wouldn't care to ride the Nomad there. I'd probably get run over by a bus or cab. Take care.

2016 Electra Glide Ultra Limited CVO
Palladium Silver / Phantom Blue
110 cu in SE

2012 Electra Glide Ultra Limited (Traded 6/22/16)
Tequila Sunrise / HD Orange
Vance & Hines true dual headers
Rinehart 4" slip ons
Screamin Eagle Super Tuner
Screamin Eagle Stage 1 intake
Dyno tuned
H.O.G.# 4514015

2007 Nomad 1600 (Traded 6/23/12)
VBA #482

Old 08-04-2010, 05:28 AM   #12
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmac
I ride alone most of the time and would never have created that list of criteria to meet. The town trolly and every detail was well thought out. The best part was for arrainging sun the whole time. I am mystified how you arrainged for that. I can't even pull that stunt off.

Best fun for Gwyn and me in a decade, really! I liked getting a chance to be the real ankel biter I am too, and there it seemed were countless victims. Beezer took more than his fair share and well. Flavor thrives on it, did you see his ankels? I can tell Old Dawg needs no lessons, hes' good enough as is.
I love cllowning around and breaking balls Mac. Fun is my middle name.
beefunzer

Old 08-04-2010, 09:45 AM   #13
Sr. Contributor

Most yanks like showin off our scenery. Ova' heya' in Cow Hampsta, it is like ova' theya' in the York. Only difference is they moved the moutains to different places, so it's different.

Hween (Gwyn) and i toured around on the trolly on the Sunday. We took a boat ride on the Mini ha ha a pretty big boat. They had a bar :-/ We kinda got skunked in the bar, and when it was trolly time again, the driver became 'James' (poor guy) But he had the good sence to play right along, and I think several tourists might not come back to the lake again. ( i don't think any of them spoke English anyway)

The three of us got going, and were not in library mode a bit.

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it

Old 08-04-2010, 03:16 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajunrider
If you guys don't mind a Southerner stepping in.....I looked at the pictures and you all had some amazing scenery for your rides. Nice motel also. Where was Mac, I must have missed him? Did you guys get him to do any wrenching up there? Probably didn't have time with all of the planned rides. Steve, you didn't look too bad on the Harley. I do have to get up there for a ride. It's on the bucket list but I've run out of storage for all of the buckets. I've been to New York twice but both trips were confined to Manhattan, each trip being a week. Wouldn't care to ride the Nomad there. I'd probably get run over by a bus or cab. Take care.
We welcome all comments :)

Old 08-04-2010, 05:04 PM   #15

Mitch, don't judge the rest of the state by Manhattan and New York City.
I have lived here in central New York for 65 years and never been to NYC. Don't plan on going either.
The Adirondacks and the other pars of NY State have some spectacular scenery.
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]