Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Free Classifieds > Parts & Accessories

Old 04-04-2008, 02:49 PM   #1
Mega-Contributor

Props to Helmet Harbor

Less than a month ago, I bought a Scorpion EXO-100 helmet from the fine folks at The Helmet Harbor, in Gilbert, AZ. LINK. They are local to me, but they do a fair amount of online business. Wednesday, while on a ride, I was putting the helmet on and felt something give. One of the snaps that holds the removable earflap to the strap had broken, ie: both halves of the snap are now on the earflap.

I was off work yesterday, so I took the helmet over there and showed it to Todd, the owner. He had his office manager call ScorpionUSA while I was there and ScorpionUSA said to send it back. They would have exchanged it right on the spot, but they didn't have one in my size/color in stock. He told me there's one coming in with a shipment today and they'll call me when it gets there and I can swing by on my way home from work and swap helmets. Helmet Harbor is handling the return shipping and paperwork for me. The only thing they could do to make this easier is if they came by my house to swap them out... didn't think to ask.

Sure, it probably benefits me that I can walk in their store, rather than being a faceless entity on the phone or at the other end of an email, but these folks have always given me great customer service. I'm willing to bet whether it's in person or online, Todd and crew will treat everyone just as well.

VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-04-2008, 06:58 PM   #2

Props to Helmet Harbor

Thats good to here, so many places try to brush you off or make it inconvenient to do a return or exchange. Its good policy for them, just as you have told us about their good service, its just as easy to tell us about rotten service. And we will spread the word, whatever it may be.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 04-04-2008, 09:00 PM   #3

Props to Helmet Harbor

totally agree, I bought 5 full face helmets before the Nomad and they were SUPERB. Right on the money with fit, finish and advice. Between them and New Enough, I don't think you can find better vendors.

Old 04-05-2008, 02:12 PM   #4

Props to Helmet Harbor

Quote:
Less than a month ago, I bought a Scorpion EXO-100 helmet from the fine folks at The Helmet Harbor, in Gilbert, AZ. LINK. They are local to me, but they do a fair amount of online business. Wednesday, while on a ride, I was putting the helmet on and felt something give. One of the snaps that holds the removable earflap to the strap had broken, ie: both halves of the snap are now on the earflap.

I was off work yesterday, so I took the helmet over there and showed it to Todd, the owner. He had his office manager call ScorpionUSA while I was there and ScorpionUSA said to send it back. They would have exchanged it right on the spot, but they didn't have one in my size/color in stock. He told me there's one coming in with a shipment today and they'll call me when it gets there and I can swing by on my way home from work and swap helmets. Helmet Harbor is handling the return shipping and paperwork for me. The only thing they could do to make this easier is if they came by my house to swap them out... didn't think to ask.

Sure, it probably benefits me that I can walk in their store, rather than being a faceless entity on the phone or at the other end of an email, but these folks have always given me great customer service. I'm willing to bet whether it's in person or online, Todd and crew will treat everyone just as well.

Had the exact same problem with mine and was handled by the local shop the same way. They told me it was probably a fluke when I said I was concerned now since the piece is plastic and what's to stop the next one from doing the same thing. Hope it's not a sign of an ongoing problem once out of warranty. ::)

Old 04-06-2008, 11:14 AM   #5

Props to Helmet Harbor

Ummm... nice to hear you have such good luck Jack. I'm gonna rant all over it now. ::)

I made the mistake of buying an expensive German helmet from the local BMW dealer. What a mistake THAT was. Not only did they lie to me about being able to get different removable liners for it, the liner doesn't even come out without a combat knife and vicegrips & would be in tatters afterwards. Also, just finding the price on something in their shop takes freakin' forever. I honestly believe those #^C#E&$ couldn't find their ^$$ with both hands and a flashlight.

At least it cured me of ANY DESIRE WHATSOEVER of owning a BMW motorcycle.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-07-2008, 11:19 AM   #6
Mega-Contributor

Props to Helmet Harbor

Quote:
Ummm... nice to hear you have such good luck Jack. I'm gonna rant all over it now. ::)

I made the mistake of buying an expensive German helmet from the local BMW dealer. What a mistake THAT was. Not only did they lie to me about being able to get different removable liners for it, the liner doesn't even come out without a combat knife and vicegrips & would be in tatters afterwards. Also, just finding the price on something in their shop takes freakin' forever. I honestly believe those #^C#E&$ couldn't find their ^$$ with both hands and a flashlight.

At least it cured me of ANY DESIRE WHATSOEVER of owning a BMW motorcycle.
...how about both hands, a flashlight AND a mirror? :)
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17