Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 07-31-2014, 02:09 PM   #1

throttle bodies on vaquero

Like a lot of other people I've got lots of popping on decel on my 13 vaquero. She's at the dealer right now for her first service (a bit late at 2200 miles) and during the write up I asked them to check out the throttle bodies for leaks.

The service fella just called me and told me that he spoke with a tech at ma kaw and the tech authorized the tb to be pulled on their dime and if leaking to be fixed. The tech also admitted to more than a few of the 1700's having tb leaks. I explained about the thunder mfg gasket and he's checking it out.

Hopefully my gal will be all better when I get her back. Getting claustrophobic running around in the cage and I'll have more time to do other mods instead of fixing something that shouldn't have been broken.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-01-2014, 10:36 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-Grimm View Post
Like a lot of other people I've got lots of popping on decel on my 13 vaquero. She's at the dealer right now for her first service (a bit late at 2200 miles) and during the write up I asked them to check out the throttle bodies for leaks.

The service fella just called me and told me that he spoke with a tech at ma kaw and the tech authorized the tb to be pulled on their dime and if leaking to be fixed. The tech also admitted to more than a few of the 1700's having tb leaks. I explained about the thunder mfg gasket and he's checking it out.

Hopefully my gal will be all better when I get her back. Getting claustrophobic running around in the cage and I'll have more time to do other mods instead of fixing something that shouldn't have been broken.

good luck, took me 20 min to install the gasket myself, i won't let kawi touch my bike again after the bs they have put me through with it

Old 08-01-2014, 01:48 PM   #3

Took me 4 months and me going from easy-going, understanding customer, to a$$hole, to get the bag replaced on mine. While I was in there the last time raising hell, I mention ed the possibility of a bad TPS on the TB. Tech ordered teh TB on the spot, just on my word. Guess I got thru to them... It's on back-order (which says a lot), but it's ordered. Told them I wanted to do the replacement, and I would bring the faulty one back. No arguments about that yet either.

Must say, when they replaced the bag, they did a good job, quickly, and even cleaned up the bike.

Old 08-02-2014, 03:19 PM   #4

Same gig for me they replaced the ECU because she was falling on her face on acceleration and had a code 18. We'll before I was out of their driveway I knew it was just like when I brought it in. Took it home tapped on the throttle position module while turning the throttle with the key on and Who'd da thunk the butterflies cleaned up! Took it back with pictures and description guess a code 18 is really a ACU accelerator control unit!!! On Back Order so my bike has been in the shop 4 weeks and counting, not happy...

Old 08-04-2014, 09:30 PM   #5

I figure I'll give them a chance to make it right. They've treated me good so far. Hopefully kaw will put out a recall on the throttle body issues.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-05-2014, 09:23 AM   #6

Lol recall. Funny guy here ^^ Just like they did a recall for installing kams kit cause our bikes throw too much heat on rider and passenger or any other of the known issues. Recalls are for safety issues only and even then manufacturers don't do it (see toyota sudden acceleration, Chevy and harley ignition switches, toyota stuck gas pedal). Kawi won't issue recall just because bike's performance or rider's comfort is sacrificed.

Old 08-06-2014, 12:33 AM   #7

I don't get all the complaining about rider felt heat. The faring is designed to push air away from the rider. Pushing air away from the rider is going to allow the engine heat to not be stripped away. If the heat were stripped away people would complain about the faring not blocking enough wind.

Old 08-06-2014, 06:01 PM   #8
Top Contributor

The "heat issue" is a non issue for me.