Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Riding > Rallies & Rides > National Rally 2017 - Lake George, NY

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-14-2017, 02:14 PM   #1

For all you procrastinators and fence sitters . . .

I'm looking out the window and it's snowing. And I don't mean snowing. I mean SNOWING!!! Yes, it is March 14th and spring is only 6 days away, but today it is really coming down at the rate of 3" - 4" an hour, and the winds are gusting around 50 mph. Can barely see across the yard. And before it's all done, this late winter nor'easter is supposed to drop some 18" - 24" of the white stuff.

But it is March, and hopefully things will warm up soon from the single-digit temperature readings we've had the past week, we'll get a good rainstorm to wash all the sand and salt off the roads, and I can wake my Nomad from its long winter hibernation. Can't be too much longer.

With all that being said, this year's National Rally in Lake George is only 4 months away now, and there is a really good chance that all the snow will be melted by then (although I'm not sure the same can be said for TC's front yard). And although things may have appeared to have been pretty quiet over the winter, a lot has been going on behind the scenes to get ready. We'll be announcing some of those details soon.

We've also tentatively planned a couple of very nice rides, one through the heart of Adirondack State Park and the other into the Green Mountains of Vermont. We'll be pre-riding those a little later in the spring to check for winter road damage and construction, and then providing those routes.

So if you are planning to attend but just haven't gotten around to making your reservation, now is the time. And if you've been thinking of attending, but just haven't quite made up your mind yet, I would strongly encourage you to join us. These rallies are a lot of fun and a chance to meet some great folks. To paraphrase a quote by Amin's wife about Amin, "There are no strangers at these rallies. Just friends you haven't met yet."

So get off the fence / stop procrastinating, and make that reservation. July will be here before you know it. Look forward to seeing you.

Tom Maziarz (tomm)
VBA #00766
2008 Kawasaki Nomad (Black)
1978 Suzuki GS750EC (My son is riding it now.)

2017: National Rally - Lake George, NY
2016: NE US / E Canada Rally - Mont Tremblant, QC
2015: National Rally - Eureka Springs, AR
2014: NE US / E Canada Rally - Lincoln, NH
2012: NE US / E Canada Rally - Wellsboro, PA

Login or Register to Remove Ads