Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 02-15-2019, 06:14 AM   #1

Changing light bulbs

Got new LED bulbs for my Voyager 1700, headlight is straight forward but the fog lights, can I access them through the headlight opening? My bike is in storage and I have no access to it but want to be prepared if it is going to be a big job. Lots of videos on line but nothing about Voyager and fog lights,
Thanks for any information you can share....-5c today and only about 3 feet of snow come on spring. LOL

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-15-2019, 12:34 PM   #2

I think I read somewhere that can be accessed by removing the pouch on either side and going in thru that. What kind of bulb you going to use? I couldn't find an LED replacement for the bulb..Mike

Old 02-16-2019, 07:17 AM   #3

Yes that makes sense going through the side pouch
Thanks

Old 02-17-2019, 10:01 AM   #4

I bought mine from SUPER BRIGHTS, part # H8-35W .
Simple installation. Great for night riding

Old 02-17-2019, 02:04 PM   #5

Thanks CT.
Any idea what kind of fog/driving lamp would be on a newer BMW? There was one coming toward me last year, sunny day, and he had his driving lights on. An extremely bright yellow and they stood out like no ones business. There's no way you could say you didn't see him........Mike

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-25-2019, 11:39 AM   #6

You can take the glove boxes out to get to them, but be warned if you are using the Kawasaki IPod adapter in the left glove box. You will be making up a LOT of new curse words if you choose to take that one out, believe me!

Instead, remove the speaker and the speaker pod to get to the left driving light and avoid that headache.

If you choose to remove the glove box on that side instead, don’t say you haven’t been warned when you find yourself screaming at the bike.

Old 03-06-2019, 08:29 AM   #7

Ok - Fog light - change. Go in through the Speaker. While it may be a few more screws on each side than the glovebox - you do not have to fight trying to get the grommet back around the wires in the left box.

Also - you will be able to look straight down into the light through the speaker hole. It just works easier for me. Good luck.