Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 02-25-2016, 06:12 PM   #46

We just boxed one up. Sending it out tomorrow. I for one will be happy if it only gets rid of the *#^$ING decel backfiring. The performance increase will be bonus material.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-25-2016, 10:55 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvernekaw View Post
We just boxed one up. Sending it out tomorrow. I for one will be happy if it only gets rid of the *#^$ING decel backfiring. The performance increase will be bonus material.
I hear ya there and my faith is in this man my raider ran so smooth after his flash !! Can't wait to see how smooth the kawi is after
Freedom 2-1
IVANS ECU/PCV-ignition
Fan override switch
avon grips - w rays throttle mod
14" club t-bars
corbin touring seat
Rockford PBR300x4 amp
6.5 speakers front / 6x9 in bags
lay down integrated plate
bagger sheild
integrated front signals
BUT WAIT THERES MORE!!!

Old 02-26-2016, 04:59 AM   #48

Being that I have yet to actually ride my 2015 vaquero, I am still gonna wait and get to know ALL of the quirks of this bike, before I start modifying.
My question is what does the ECU look like and where is it located?
By the way, I remember Ivan's mods when I owned my FZ1 and just wanted to say it was his website that got me to know my bike and appreciate all of its capabilities.

Old 02-26-2016, 06:26 AM   #49

Are the ecu different to the 2009 nomad? Did not see it on flash list.

Old 02-26-2016, 10:07 AM   #50
Advanced Member

So of the ones that have done it, how many have kept the PCV too?

I could see myself selling mine to offset the cost.
PCV (removed)
Ivan's ECU flash

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-26-2016, 10:48 AM   #51
Advanced Member

The unit is under the seat inside the battery box on the left side. It sits inside a little basket with a relay side by side stuffed in there together. You take off the connectors, then pull the basket out and then carefully pull up the ECU and slide it out, leaving the relay in the basket. It is in there snuggly surrounded by protective rubber so be careful! Work it out slowly. I was able to push it up a little from the bottom too. It is something that fits right in the palm of your hand, so very compact. I mailed mine USPS and the insurance was only 13 bucks. I am looking forward mostly as mentioned to the nasty popping and backfiring being gone for good along with no more hesitation and glitches, smoother running operation and cooler running temps. I just finished flushing out the entire cooling system after 4 years of original stock coolant and replaced it with "Ice water" racing coolant. I should have my control unit back by the end of next week and when the weather gets nice enough for a test, I will take it out on the back roads a little for a flogging and then give a full report.
Chuckster's tear drop intake, Freedom true dual racing exhaust, Ivan flash, Clearview windscreen, Corbin gunfighter seat, Clockwerk's hugger style front fender, Kawasaki KQR backrest and luggage rack, kuryakyn iso grips and rear passenger boards, front highway pegs, revolutionspeed clutch and primary covers and reservoir and switch box covers and Kuryakyn skeleton rearview mirrors.

Old 02-26-2016, 01:38 PM   #52

"The unit is under the seat inside the battery box on the left side."

Thanks for locating it for me.
I look forward to hearing your report.
From my understanding of this "mod", I won't be needing to do Ray's throttle mod.
As well, when its time to change the pipes and put on the new breather, I wont have to worry about buying the power commander 5.
Just send my ECU and replug when returned and I will be good to go.
Do I have this right?

Old 02-26-2016, 01:48 PM   #53
Advanced Member

Yes Bunky! Ivan says there is no need for any additional fuel processors. Just plug your ECU back in place, put on your new breather and pipe and you should be good to go. Ivan takes all the restrictions out of the unit that make the problems we are all sick of and makes it so the bike runs like it supposed to. And lastly, you should not need the throttle mod. I am going to test my bike with it done since it is already ....and if it is too snappy then I will replace the throttle grip with a new one unaltered. It may or may not be an issue. I will include the situation in my report.
Chuckster's tear drop intake, Freedom true dual racing exhaust, Ivan flash, Clearview windscreen, Corbin gunfighter seat, Clockwerk's hugger style front fender, Kawasaki KQR backrest and luggage rack, kuryakyn iso grips and rear passenger boards, front highway pegs, revolutionspeed clutch and primary covers and reservoir and switch box covers and Kuryakyn skeleton rearview mirrors.

Last edited by hlknvlcn60; 02-26-2016 at 01:50 PM.

Old 02-26-2016, 03:25 PM   #54

One last beating the dead horse....

So the ECU can be "Ivanized" and then reinstalled BEFORE or AFTER new pipes and breather are already on and it will re-adjust to work without any problems?

Every video or discussion talks about installation as pipes & breather first, then a power commander and then dyno testing to fine tune everything.

If I have this right, then holy crow....Ivan is the MAN!!!

Old 02-26-2016, 03:46 PM   #55

After reading all the posts, and having thought that I wanted to get the EJK or PCV, looks like I will be giving Ivan a call soon to discuss a couple things and sending mine in shortly after. Looking forward to hear the reviews for those that get it done first.

Can't wait.
VBA #01416
2012 Vaquero SE Candy-Lime Green/Black
aka "T'Kehla"
2005 Nomad 1600 Black/Silver
aka "Mystique" (SOLD)
2006 Vulcan Classic
aka "Lil'Wolf" (SOLD)

"Life isn't a race; no one gets out alive. May as well slow down and enjoy the ride."

Old 02-26-2016, 03:50 PM   #56
Advanced Member

Trying to remember where, and what the numbers were for a Vaq that had the Thunder mfg intake, V&H pipes and PCV.

Seems the numbers Ivan is showing are a little bit higher than that. Both horsepower and torque.

Now I didn't buy the bike to race, so the numbers being exactly the same on my bike aren't that important. But it's like potato chips. When I want them, I want a bunch.

So far I haven't seen anything that is talking me out of doing this. Even if the final cost includes a week in Hawaii.

Wonder if she'd get mad if I had them ship the bike too?
PCV (removed)
Ivan's ECU flash

Old 02-26-2016, 04:43 PM   #57
Advanced Member

According to Ivan you remove any fuel tuner then plug the injection wires back to stock, then plug in the Ivanized tuner and you are done. So far it has worked exactly as advertised with Thunder air and 2-1 FP pipe.

Last edited by hlknvlcn60; 03-14-2016 at 07:11 PM.

Old 02-26-2016, 08:52 PM   #58

ivans mod

After looking at ivans web site, it does say that modding your ECU may void any manufacture warranty. My 2015 vaquero has 3 years plus 1 year of KPP warranty. While l would love to try ivans mod, im more concered about loosing that factory protection, but i will follow this thread closely and be envious of those who get the mod done.
grasshopper driver backrest
oem aux lights
ram mount for gps
freedom performance true duals
tank bra
saddle bag chaps
kuryakin longhorn cruise pedals
black isso grips
chucksters risers
k&n air filter
ivanized

VBA#03256

Old 02-26-2016, 09:10 PM   #59
Top Contributor

How would the dealership know your ECU had been modified ?

Old 02-26-2016, 09:24 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by redjay View Post
How would the dealership know your ECU had been modified ?
Thats a good question. I wonder if a dealership has a way to scan the ECU if a check engine light comes on ? And then can they tell if the ECU has been reflashed?
grasshopper driver backrest
oem aux lights
ram mount for gps
freedom performance true duals
tank bra
saddle bag chaps
kuryakin longhorn cruise pedals
black isso grips
chucksters risers
k&n air filter
ivanized

VBA#03256

Last edited by rozie; 02-26-2016 at 09:26 PM.