Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 11-06-2007, 09:51 PM   #136

Removing Silencers

I think I recall Trip saying you graciously accepted his appointment of your new position. Hmmm, sounds like no money to me. :)

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-06-2007, 11:32 PM   #137

Send a message via AIM to Idaho
Removing Silencers

I finally rode the debaffled Nomad this afternoon. It is a little louder and a lot deeper. Very nice sound rolling on and off the throttle. I love the Nomad all over again.
VBA #110
VROC #24864
IBA #49753
2007 Nomad 86,000 miles
Bud Smalley
Pocatello, Idaho

Idaho Jack Adapter

Old 11-07-2007, 03:02 AM   #138

Removing Silencers

Does anyone know if removing the silencer from the mufflers voids the factory warranty from Kawasaki ????

Old 11-07-2007, 08:53 AM   #139

Removing Silencers

No doubt.

You can thank Blowndodge for kindly agreeing to pick up all warranty work that was voided by his recommended modification of the factory spec exhaust system.

In 1973 Nate "Tiny" Archibald led the NBA in scoring and assists, becoming the first and so far only player ever to win the titles in both categories in the same season!

Old 11-07-2007, 09:10 AM   #140
Top Contributor

Removing Silencers

Quote:
Does anyone know if removing the silencer from the mufflers voids the factory warranty from Kawasaki ????
It can only void the warranty on the exhaust system possibly (or any non-OEM part or modified part)...not the entire bike. It would have to be proven that your mod caused the "failure" in the part. Let's say the OE pipe cracked at the head and you filed a warranty claim with Kawasaki......it would have to be proven that drilling out the silencer contributed to the crack failure or the warranty would apply. Any other systems that may fail would still be covered under the warranty UNLESS the failure was due to the modification in some way. The burden of proof is on the manufacturer to prove that the failure was due to a modification or non-OEM part, not the owner. Magnuson-Moss Act of '75 (aka the Federal Warranty Act) protects you there.

( Hey BD...work and hobby collide )

Todd Frazier
VBA #0003
VBA National Leader-USA Operations/Garage Moderator - RETIRED
2006 Black Nomad since she was born
Greensboro, NC

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-07-2007, 09:16 AM   #141

Removing Silencers

<marquee></marquee>

Old 11-07-2007, 10:26 AM   #142
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge
Removing Silencers

Quote:
No doubt.

You can thank Blowndodge for kindly agreeing to pick up all warranty work that was voided by his recommended modification of the factory spec exhaust system.

<marquee>Please find me the link that I "recommended" others to do this modification Mr. Quackopracter</marquee>

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 11-07-2007, 11:04 AM   #143

Removing Silencers

Quote:
Well I finally did it! I removed the two silencers in my stock exhaust pipes.

This is what I did. Trust me, I did a ton of research and emails with lots of Nomad owners so I have this down. I took a 1 3/4 inch hole saw made for metal and made a wooden dowl to fit in the opening of the stock exhaust and cut through the end of the pipe.

I was a little apprehensive about it. Let me tell you, Kawasaki should be shot for putting those silencers in the ends of the pipe. The sound now is amazing! I'm not exagerating. Its real deep and the decible level is hardly that much louder than stock.

Not that I'm a huge Harley fan but it sounds like an early 90's Highway Patrol Harley now. I was on the fence with buying V&H baggers or Cobra True Duals but have heard from some of the more sensitive of hearing that they can wear on you on a long ride which is not what I wanted.

It cost me the price of the drill bit $12 at Home Depot. My neighbor who owns a Heritage Softail came over after I fired it up tonight and commented to me "what the heck did you do to make it sounds so deep?". He thinks it sounds better than his Harley because as the rpms goes up it doesn't get real loud, just deeper! He said it was perfect sounding! All this from a Harley owner!

I'm totally pleased at this inexpensive and very effective mod!!

By a person in a respected position such as CME, this can be construed as an implied recommendation.

We'll let the attorneys battle it out.

Get your wallet ready.

;)

Old 11-07-2007, 11:21 AM   #144

Removing Silencers

Quote:
[quote:7kc42k50]Well I finally did it! I removed the two silencers in my stock exhaust pipes.

This is what I did. Trust me, I did a ton of research and emails with lots of Nomad owners so I have this down. I took a 1 3/4 inch hole saw made for metal and made a wooden dowl to fit in the opening of the stock exhaust and cut through the end of the pipe.

I was a little apprehensive about it. Let me tell you, Kawasaki should be shot for putting those silencers in the ends of the pipe. The sound now is amazing! I'm not exagerating. Its real deep and the decible level is hardly that much louder than stock.

Not that I'm a huge Harley fan but it sounds like an early 90's Highway Patrol Harley now. I was on the fence with buying V&H baggers or Cobra True Duals but have heard from some of the more sensitive of hearing that they can wear on you on a long ride which is not what I wanted.

It cost me the price of the drill bit $12 at Home Depot. My neighbor who owns a Heritage Softail came over after I fired it up tonight and commented to me "what the heck did you do to make it sounds so deep?". He thinks it sounds better than his Harley because as the rpms goes up it doesn't get real loud, just deeper! He said it was perfect sounding! All this from a Harley owner!

I'm totally pleased at this inexpensive and very effective mod!!

By a person in a respected position such as CME, this can be construed as an implied recommendation.

Get your wallet ready.

;)[/quote:7kc42k50]

NOW BOYS!! DO YOU NEED TO BE SEPARATED?!?!??!

Old 11-07-2007, 01:19 PM   #145
Sr. Contributor

Removing Silencers

And your trying to blow smoke up a legal person???? Stick to ripping off the public!!! LOL. "Implied recommendation" has no specific remedy fool. CRACK! Oh my aching back!

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

Member # 0005

Old 11-07-2007, 01:33 PM   #146

Removing Silencers

Quote:
And your trying to blow smoke up an illegal person???? Stick to saving the public!!! LOL. "Implied recommendation" has no specific remedy fool.

Just keep preying on unsuspecting KawaNOW members and i hope you can look at yourself in the mirror when you put your eye liner on.

Old 11-07-2007, 03:16 PM   #147
Sr. Contributor

Removing Silencers

Quote:
[quote:t6sv68pz]

Get your wallet ready.

<marquee>Nico's so poor right now he can't even pay attention!!!!</marquee>

;)

NOW BOYS!! DO YOU NEED TO BE SEPARATED?!?!??!

[/quote:t6sv68pz]

Member # 0005

Old 11-07-2007, 03:36 PM   #148
Top Contributor

Removing Silencers

All right you two, time for a time out! Nico, take your little head and go to your corner, no touching yourself either. BD, grab your makeup and go play in the corner away from Nico. And again, no touching yourself.
VBA #0002
VBA VP-Global
B.A.C.A. Hoss
2005 "StrongBear" Black/Silver

Todd and BD

Old 11-07-2007, 03:59 PM   #149
Sr. Contributor

Removing Silencers

Not even a little rub??

Member # 0005

Old 11-07-2007, 04:13 PM   #150
Top Contributor

Removing Silencers

I'm offended.

Todd Frazier
VBA #0003
VBA National Leader-USA Operations/Garage Moderator - RETIRED
2006 Black Nomad since she was born
Greensboro, NC