Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 06-29-2008, 06:03 PM   #1

Clear View Windshield

ANYONE use them or another after market brand,, They have srock size,2" and 4" taller,, Regular shield like our and 1 with a recurve lip on top...The stock is way short for me, Im 6ft 3...THANKs Rich

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-29-2008, 08:29 PM   #2

Clear View Windshield

I had the opposite problem. The stock windshield was too tall. I ordered one from Clearview 2" shorter than stock. Their windshield is thicker than stock, real good quality. I believe they are wider than stock. I am very happy with it. If you do order one be prepared to wait for delivery. It took 6 weeks for mine to come in. I called a couple of times to check on it. They were very helpful. I also talked to them about figuring out the correct height.

JohnR

Old 06-29-2008, 08:33 PM   #3
Mega-Contributor

Clear View Windshield

I have a buddy who has a Clearview shield on his 1500 Classic. They are nice and a tad wider than stock. I'll get one for myself when that time comes.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 06-29-2008, 08:42 PM   #4

Clear View Windshield

That recurve lip on the top will deflect the air about 2" higher as compared to the same height without the lip. Thought about getting one to go on my fairing.

Cliff "VulcanE" Evans
2005 Blue & Silver 1600 Nomad
VBA # 320
VROC # 20381

Old 06-29-2008, 09:17 PM   #5
Advanced Member

Clear View Windshield

Here is a picture I posted a while back for a Clearview 2" over with the stock shield set in front of it.

It's about the same height when completely lowered as the stock in the medium position.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-30-2008, 04:55 AM   #6

Clear View Windshield

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo
Here is a picture I posted a while back for a Clearview 2" over with the stock shield set in front of it.

It's about the same height when completely lowered as the stock in the medium position.
Padlo, GREAT pic THANKs.. for me all the way up is too short.. the 2" looks about right.. Ill add 2"s of something on my stocker to see if its tall enough,, I had a 21" memphis Fats shiels on my Honda and tha was too tall...so I cut off a 1 1/2" I assume the windshield is fixed and not adjustable when installed???Great it its fixed!:) Rich

Old 06-30-2008, 05:36 AM   #7
Advanced Member

Clear View Windshield

I like having the windshield in the lowest position so that it fits nice around the headlight and the lower part extends down to the light bar. This blocks more air from getting through from below. You might want to get the 4" over to allow you to mount it in the lower position. I took off the adjustable insert since I can mount the Clearview in the low position.

Old 06-30-2008, 01:18 PM   #8

Send a message via MSN to namvet
Clear View Windshield

I got the 19.5 inch high Clearview shield, with the recurve and grey tint.. I am 6 foot, but like to look over the shield and this works perfect for me and the recurve works very well, giving me a full view with no buffing. I have the shield set in the mid adjustment, so I can still go down or up, if I choose. I did not have to wait for it, order on a Friday got it by the next week, due to them having that model in stock. So if your Lucky, they may have it stock or even grade B shields with a small imperfection at a reduced cost.

Old 06-30-2008, 04:51 PM   #9

Clear View Windshield

THANKS for the info,, I didnt know the Clear View Shield was adjustable like the stocker... so now its between the 2" or 4" over.. Im 6 ft 3".. Namvet your 6ft? and how much higher can you bring the shirld, THANKS Rich

Old 06-30-2008, 05:07 PM   #10
Advanced Member

Clear View Windshield

It uses the stock mounting hardware, so it's the same adjustment as you now have.

Old 06-30-2008, 05:11 PM   #11

Clear View Windshield

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo
It uses the stock mounting hardware, so it's the same adjustment as you now have.
Pablo,,,, Cool beans,, is the light cut out the same as the stocker?and do you need to use the little adjuster shield???

Old 06-30-2008, 06:09 PM   #12

Send a message via MSN to namvet
Clear View Windshield

The cut out is the same and it is your option to use the adjuster shield. I did, but I have read that some do not. You use the same mounting hardware and chrome from your old stock shield, everything is pre drilled to fit.

Old 06-30-2008, 06:17 PM   #13

Clear View Windshield

Quote:
Originally Posted by namvet
The cut out is the same and it is your option to use the adjuster shield. I did, but I have read that some do not. You use the same mounting hardware and chrome from your old stock shield, everything is pre drilled to fit.
OK I see said the blind man ::) THANKs for the info.. I am going to get the Clear View,, but have to decide on what size,,,Rich

Old 06-30-2008, 06:23 PM   #14
Advanced Member

Clear View Windshield

I did not use the adjuster shield, but put spacers (washers) in to make up the thickness difference. Like I said earlier, I can now put my shield all the way down and it is the same height as the stock shield in the medium position. I like the vent. With the vent open, it lets in some air, but seems to cut down the turbulence behind the shield. I also got the recurve at the top, but can't tell if this makes any difference.

Old 06-30-2008, 06:50 PM   #15

Clear View Windshield

I had a clearview windshield on my st1100 with the recurve and tint. I also don't know if the recurve helps but I was happy with it.
I read about them for the Nomad. They can be ordered 2" lower,
2" or 4" taller. With the recurve or not. Slightly tinted or clear and with or without the vent. Also not that the clearview is also 2" wider than stock for the Nomad. I'm only 5ft 10 in and am thinking of the one that's 2" shorter as I like to look over the windshield. If you are thinking of getting the tinted and you adjust your windshield where you're looking though it, I wouldn't suggest the tinted if you drive at night. That little bit of tint can effect your sight involving seeing pot holes or road surfaces. Even if you adjust to see over I noticed that there are certain circumstances where at night, I found that the windshield could've been a little lower with the tinted one. An example is when riding on unfamiliar roads that had rough surfaces I wanted to see the road closer to the front wheel while driving.