Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 08-25-2009, 08:00 AM   #1
Advanced Member

Set her on her side this morning

On the way to work this morning, I had somewhat of a close call and carefully set my bike down in the middle of a busy highway intersection. Waiting to make a left turn, the light turned yellow, got ready to go, and as the light turned red, I started to go and was in a pretty heavy lean; just as I started the move the woman in the car that was almost stopped and headed in the opposite direction, decided she was going to make a right turn in the same direction as me.

As I slammed on the brakes, the bike came to a stop and I just couldn't hold her up and over she went. That freakin' woman watch the whole thing and just kept on driving. So there I am, in the middle of a busy intersection in rush hour morning traffic, on my side. Forgot how heavy my bike was and tried to do a snatch lift--well, yeah right. Got off and got her up, pushed her to the side of the road started her up and got to work safely.

The weird thing is is that I never wear a helmet, but this morning I as I took my bike out of the garage, I went back in and put on a helmet. What a vibe. Everything is fine, just a small scratch on the crash bar and no damage to me except my ego. Anyway, sorry for venting, but I'm a school teacher and that's a tough way to start a day.

Login or Register to Remove Ads