Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 02-23-2011, 08:03 PM   #16

Vaquero Accessories and Prices

The bag rail prices aren't that much different than current Nomad parts.
2008 Red/Black Nomad - Traded at 29500 miles

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-23-2011, 08:05 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by azcruizer
I can't speak for other manufacturers, but I think Kawasaki has other plans for the mounting kit. Rumor has it that they are currently developing a solo seat for the Vaquero for those that want a solo touring bike. In addition they will offer a solo luggage rack that goes where the passenger pillion currently resides, and it will be a quick disconnect design that attaches to the mount kit. You will be able to go from 2 up tourer to solo tourer within minutes. I get the feeling that Kawasaki has big plans for this bike and more accessories will follow...
I'd be interested in that solo luggage rack for my '08 Nomad. Are the two fenders compatible?

Old 02-24-2011, 11:49 AM   #18

Now I know why I Love my Nomad (at least it came with passenger boards a backrest) and I think I'll be sticking with it for a long while.
VBA # 1234
VROC # 32837
Patriot Guard Riders
Naval Advisory Group Vietnam 69-70

Old 02-24-2011, 12:05 PM   #19
Mega-Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis
Quote:
Originally Posted by azcruizer
I can't speak for other manufacturers, but I think Kawasaki has other plans for the mounting kit. Rumor has it that they are currently developing a solo seat for the Vaquero for those that want a solo touring bike. In addition they will offer a solo luggage rack that goes where the passenger pillion currently resides, and it will be a quick disconnect design that attaches to the mount kit. You will be able to go from 2 up tourer to solo tourer within minutes. I get the feeling that Kawasaki has big plans for this bike and more accessories will follow...
I'd be interested in that solo luggage rack for my '08 Nomad. Are the two fenders compatible?
I wouldn't assume that they are.

If you want a solo rack for an '08, find one for a 1985-2003 Harley Sportster. I paid less than $35 for mine (brand new) off eBay. Obviously not quick-disconnect like the proposed one for the Vaquero.

Personally, I'd like to see a tourpak available for the Vaquero. That might be just the push I need to really consider one.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 10-15-2011, 10:58 PM   #20

Thumbs Up made me laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponch View Post
That is almost as bad as BMW, which stands for Bring More Wompum. I guess Kawasaki is betting people will spend more for their stuff. If you have the part numbers, try going to Ron Ayers, http://www.ronayers.com/, and see if the prices are any different. He's usually cheaper.
God, this is funny! I had an R90 and a K75. If memory serves me correctly the k-bike has a tank bage, BMW of course, that cost in the hundreds. Of course, you had to buy the mount, which was like a bra or mask that strapped to the tank, then the tang bank zipped onto that. Guess the Gerrys hadn't heard of magnets, yet.
Sergeant at Arms, Chapter 32-1
Combat Vets Motorcycle Association

Login or Register to Remove Ads