Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 01-28-2008, 04:12 PM   #1

Just wanted to say Hey and Thanks

I am going to the bike show in Maryland in two weeks and have been trying to decide between a roadstar cruiser and the Nomad 1600. I am 6' 4 around 250 lbs. I have driven both, including the kingpin and roadking, but keep comming back to the nomad. The insight and opinions on this forum has been great. I am 90% sure that I will go for the nomad. Has anyone ever had a roadstar and if so, how do you think it compares.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-28-2008, 04:24 PM   #2

I can't help you with the RoadStar. I can tell you I am 6'4" and 275 and don't fit comfortably on a Road King, Street Glide or Fat Boy (no comments Nico). Nomad fits me great.

Old 01-28-2008, 04:50 PM   #3
Advanced Member

I'm 6'7" 275 and the Nomad fits me fine. I couldn't find a H-D that fit as well and forget the Gold Wing. I will tell you the Royal Star Venture fits tall riders very well, but I didn't like the four cyc engine and lack of rumble the V-Twin provides.

Old 01-28-2008, 05:01 PM   #4

Send a message via Yahoo to jussmatt

My Buddy's got a RoadStar. He inherited it from his Dad... It's not a bad bike, but it's a little small for me. I'm 6'1" 210lbs. His has had some modifications on it, so it's got a little more pep than a stock, but not as much as my stock Nomad. He's driven mine and loves it. As for the ride, either 2 up or solo, it's smoooooth!

Old 01-28-2008, 05:51 PM   #5

Thanks, I will definately buy a nomad. Hoping to get a 2007 at a reduced price. Will post photos when I get the bike. Also, if anyone is in the Maryland area, a ride across maryland ride is scheduled in June. From Columbia Maryland to Ocean City(150 miles), with lots of parties by the beach at night. If anyone is interested, let me know. This is raise money for breast awarness and a lot of bikes participate.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-28-2008, 05:53 PM   #6

We're all fairly slanted towards the Nomad here. I have a friend that was cramed on a Road Star and didn't like the way it cornered. He's 6'6" - over 300lbs.

Old 01-28-2008, 06:30 PM   #7

Well it's kind of like mmmmmm your first love you just don't for get her. If your always leaning towards the Nomad then the proof is in the pudding. You already answered your own question.

Cheers

Old 01-28-2008, 06:55 PM   #8
Top Contributor

Quote:
I can't help you with the RoadStar. I can tell you I am 6'4" and 275 and don't fit comfortably on a Road King, Street Glide or Fat Boy (no comments Nico). Nomad fits me great.

Same size here...ok, 278 this morning :-/ :-/.....nothing out there will fit you like the Nomad. I tried them all about 2 years ago. Rented and rode an UltraGlide in Vegas back in October/November...nowhere close to the room. Same for the Goldwing.

Todd Frazier
VBA #0003
VBA National Leader-USA Operations/Garage Moderator - RETIRED
2006 Black Nomad since she was born
Greensboro, NC

Old 01-28-2008, 08:04 PM   #9

Send a message via AIM to birdginski

I'm 6'3'' and 275 and the Nomad fits fine. I' m also awear when theres a nice pair of breasts around. LOL.

Old 01-28-2008, 08:31 PM   #10

Quote:
Thanks, I will definately buy a nomad. Hoping to get a 2007 at a reduced price. Will post photos when I get the bike. Also, if anyone is in the Maryland area, a ride across maryland ride is scheduled in June. From Columbia Maryland to Ocean City(150 miles), with lots of parties by the beach at night. If anyone is interested, let me know. This is raise money for breast awarness and a lot of bikes participate.
I'm a fan - nothing better to raise money for!

Lessee, a ride across Mayland, that's about 45 minutes right?

Sorry - had to

Old 01-28-2008, 08:35 PM   #11

Quote:
[quote:ij5k0rr4]I can't help you with the RoadStar. I can tell you I am 6'4" and 275 and don't fit comfortably on a Road King, Street Glide or Fat Boy (no comments Nico). Nomad fits me great.

Same size here...ok, 278 this morning :-/ :-/.....nothing out there will fit you like the Nomad. I tried them all about 2 years ago. Rented and rode an UltraGlide in Vegas back in October/November...nowhere close to the room. Same for the Goldwing.[/quote:ij5k0rr4]

Old 01-29-2008, 06:59 PM   #12
Advanced Member

Send a message via MSN to donoller

buy the nomad you will love it