Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 05-02-2021, 10:06 AM   #1

06 Nomad Quit while turning

Was taking a ride yesterday and came to a place where I was going to make a left turn. Put signal on and proceeded to make my turn. Half way thru the turn the bike quit running. Pulled in clutch hit starter button fired right up and proceeded to where I was going. What caused that?? or just one of those things? Thanks.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-02-2021, 11:29 AM   #2
Top Contributor

One of those things. I almost dumped the bike with my wife on the back when pulling away and turning from a stop sign. It gasped for breath and stumbled and we almost went down. I think it was not long after that I bought a fuel processor, which helped.

Old 05-04-2021, 10:28 AM   #3

My 07 would do this when it was hot - you may want to check your idle setting, problem went away after bumping mine up a bit.

Old 05-04-2021, 06:18 PM   #4

Decided to do a throttle cleaning and idled faster after the cleaning so that did some good. Set idle back down. Also my radio would reset itself and turn itself off so checked on that and found the plug connection under the fairing was about to come unplugged as well as one of the wires had vibrated so much it wore the tape and insulation off. Got to thinking that maybe the bare wire was getting a direct short and while messing with it I blew the acc 10amp fuse so replaced that and all seems to be back to normal. Hopefully that is all it was so we will see.

Old 05-05-2021, 07:32 PM   #5
Advanced Member

that's probably all it was, a short in wiring for the radio

Login or Register to Remove Ads