Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Riding > Motorcycle Safety/Riding Techniques

Old 10-27-2008, 12:07 PM   #1
Top Contributor

Safety Education

http://www.msgroup.org/default.aspx

I highly recommend this web site.

James R. Davis is a recognized "Expert Witness" in the motorcycle field.

Click on the "Safety Tips" heading and you will find enough to keep you occupied for several hours.

This is one of the sites I found about three years ago. I spent many hours studying his tips before I bought my Nomad two years ago.

I've seen references to this site posted in the past but this is such good material I decided it needed to be put up again.

Bob
KawaNOW/VBA 210
Green/Silver 2006
Patriot Guard Riders 2009

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-27-2008, 03:05 PM   #2

Safety Education

I'll second that there is plenty of good information there. I used to post there for perhaps 8 years. James Davis is a self-proclaimed curmudgeon, I'd add Total narcissistic, delusions of grandeur, paranoid, pompous ass, and at times unpleasant.

But he certainly knows a lot about motorcycle dynamics. I quoted him in the floor board scraping thread.

We parted ways over this subject:

"If you cannot capitalize the letter 'i' or the first letter of each sentence, then don't bother to post your message as after the first warning I will simply delete those messages."

"...the overwhelming odds are that a message posted here lacks capitalization out of sheer laziness. That IS an indication of future trouble on a motorcycle, though I have no idea to what extent."

He wasn't directing that at me, but it started to become somewhat of a writing skills critique, more than a safety critique for some posters.

I'm glad that we don't have judgments on whether or not posts have good enough form to not be deleted here. :)

Old 10-28-2008, 11:56 AM   #3

Safety Education

Another great site. I highly recommend it.

http://www.msf-usa.org/