Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > NorthCentral Group

Old 04-11-2009, 07:34 PM   #1

Finally, got the First Ride in Today!!!

We finally got the first ride of the year in today!!! :) Granted it was 60 miles on the interstate but it was still riding. The off interstate roads are iffy right now because of the flooding in eastern North Dakota and a phenomenon called "overland flooding." Being as flat as a tabletop has it's disadvantages when all the snow melts and it has to go somewhere. The road system is also the dike system so you have to be careful and I don't want to ride on roads with 3 to 4 inches of water and maybe a washed out road.

It was really sweet. Changes to the bike this winter included new Elite III tires, a new 130 decibel horn system, a GPS, rebuilt seats, finished the trunk installation, longer brake pedal and new clearview windshield. It's going to be a great year.

Hope your first ride felt as good as mine did.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-11-2009, 11:59 PM   #2

Hey Jerry, great to hear you got your first ride in! I haven't been able to yet, but I think I might get a chance on Monday. I'll be with family tomorrow for Easter, but we don't have school on Monday so that might be the day if the weather holds. It has been a LONG time since November 18!

Old 04-12-2009, 09:29 AM   #3

I am sooooo jealous. Yesterday was the nicest day in nearly a month here. SUnny, no wind, and 60. Wife had to work and I had noone to watch the kids. Myabe I should get a sidecar. I wonder if it is legal to strap a carseat into a sidecar.

Old 04-13-2009, 07:54 AM   #4
Advanced Member

taking outer fairing in for paint today. hopefully by the time its dun will have all my wiring dun. a lot of bikes out this last weekend. wish i had a heated shop and this project was already dun.

Old 04-13-2009, 12:22 PM   #5
Top Contributor

Good to hear things are clearing up somewhat Jerry. Just waiting for our weather to straighten up so I can go out again.
VBA 213
VROC 16913

Custer 09: Cortez 10: Crescent City 11: Kanab 12: Estes Park 13: Tahoe 14: Red Lodge 16

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-13-2009, 12:30 PM   #6

Thanks, guys. Hope we are all in the saddle again for at least 8 months this year. It was a long time from November 20(something) and it felt good. Went out again for a short ride yesterday but am still stiff. Guess I should get into shape as I'm having issues with my right shoulder and will start adjusting the handlebars an inch up or down to see if I can find the sweet spot. I hate getting old but it sure beats the alternative for now.

Old 04-13-2009, 07:25 PM   #7

Hey Jerry. Glad to hear you finally got out. I was able to several weeks ago; but not since -- and with the Easter weekend and family here -- couldn't ride this past weekend either. Oh well. We expect rain all this coming weekend also -- so I am getting very "itchy" to get out.

Regarding your handlebars -- have you thought of putting on some risers? I just put PhatII's on mine and they improved my situation a lot. I am rather short though -- 5'6" so these may be too much pullback for you -- but who knows. Chuckster -- a member here sells his version which are easy to install as well and have a bit less pull-back.

Just a thought if you are suffering while riding.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

"You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts."

Former VBA NCR Assist Regional Leader
Formerly: 2004 1500FI Bronze Nomad: 2009 & 2014 HD Ultra
Current Rides: 2017 HD Ultra Limited & 2011 Can Am Spyder RTS-SE
Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Old 04-14-2009, 02:13 PM   #8

Finally got to ride yesterday. It was a beautiful day here, and I was able to put on some miles. It's nice again today, and I can't wait for the school day to be over!