Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 02-28-2021, 01:05 PM   #16

Well I finally took the bike to my local kawasaki guy and he finally found the problem. This connector was half corroded. I had him go ahead and put a new battery in while he had my old one out since mine wasn't big enough and it was struggling to start once the battery wasn't fully charged.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20210228_130412_801.jpg (76.4 KB, 44 views)

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by Jeffmwv; 02-28-2021 at 01:09 PM.

Old 03-22-2021, 08:03 PM   #17

Yup. Been there done that and sad that I must have been the first with a 2007 to experience it. And I'm an electrician. You found it and with proper correction it will never rear its head again. Kawasaki had a good idea but short on followthrough. My plastic housing was burnt, crispy, and what it caused was telling your ECM computer that your bike went down, is leaned over too far for too long. The bike down switch is a timer and a mechanical level (in front of the fuel tank). Your's is ok. Don't mess with checking it. I took my old one apart to learn about it. When you lean the bike over too far, the switch makes contact and starts a timer. You have about (on mine) 13 seconds to pull it out of the curve (lean) or it shuts down. I'm sorry I haven't been active on the forum for some time. Mine took five months to correct and it took me, the mechanics at my Kaw dealer, and the Kaw factory rep.

Old 03-22-2021, 08:24 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffmwv View Post
Well I finally took the bike to my local kawasaki guy and he finally found the problem. This connector was half corroded. I had him go ahead and put a new battery in while he had my old one out since mine wasn't big enough and it was struggling to start once the battery wasn't fully charged.
This is a known issue with this bikes. Ive seen many of post on here over the years with pics of this ground cluster burnt up.
VBA #02401
2015 Voyager
2006 1600 Nomad black(sold)

2016 Salem, Antlers,
2017 Eureka Springs, Lake George, Antlers
2018 Custer NR, Antlers

Old 03-26-2021, 10:37 AM   #19
Advanced Member

where is this connector located?