Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 10-28-2010, 09:05 PM   #1

Mustang Seat

Does anyone in the Hamilton, Burlington, Niagara ON area have a 05-08 Nomad equipped with a Mustang seat (preferably with backrest) that I could try for seating comfort?? I am considering purchasing a used 3 piece set from a member here. Thanks.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-28-2010, 10:23 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to Idaho
Mustang Seat

If you are getting a good buy on the seat go for it. You can always resell it if you are not happy.
VBA #110
VROC #24864
IBA #49753
2007 Nomad 86,000 miles
Bud Smalley
Pocatello, Idaho

Idaho Jack Adapter

Old 10-28-2010, 10:36 PM   #3
Advanced Member

Mustang Seat

My stock seat seemed comfortable until I rode it 40-50 miles.Just setting on a seat will not tell you as much as putting a couple hundred miles on it.Most everyone likes the Mustang and considers it a big step up over a stock seat.The back rest is my favorite part of the seat.I don't think you will be disappointed.

Old 10-28-2010, 11:54 PM   #4
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via AIM to AlabamaNomadRider Send a message via Yahoo to AlabamaNomadRider
Mustang Seat

Sound advice, and if the price is good I would say go for it. If you don't like it you should be able to resale it and get your money back.

Gene Cross, Jr.
Boaz, Alabama
KawaNOW/VBA #1181

Old 10-29-2010, 09:34 AM   #5
Advanced Member

Mustang Seat

From my experience through several bikes where I added Mustangs to each you will not like it when you first sit on it. I think it is because any little change in the way we sit or the way our bike feels drives us crazy.

50 miles later you will never own a bike without one. Doesn't mean you shouldn't sit on it if you can, just be prepared to not like it at first.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-29-2010, 11:07 AM   #6

Mustang Seat

Rez.. sorry don't have a seat for you; but do have a Mustang with back rest and a comment plus. Seats/saddles; windscreens/windshields and wind buffing are probably the most common talked about topic for rider comfort on a every forum I have ever been on. Look at Gold Wing; 1800; BMW; FJR1300; ST1300 and on and on !!..Some of the best motorcycles out there for touring. So what is the first thing people do; yeap change the seat $$; windshield; install wind deflectors; etc..;etc..
I think for the most part we all don't get a chance to ride LONG distances everyday and when we do, it is such a drastic change to our everyday sitting comfort/position and or wind on the body; that it is overpowering to us and becomes very uncomfortable. Hence saddle sores come to mine! Example; we were forunate to have a sailboat in San Diego and when we bay sailed everybody was fine; arse wise. However when we did a long blue water sail and seas were just a little choppy; holy mackerl on came the "monkey butt"! You guys know; squirming; position changing; seat burning; standing up on foot pegs; etc.. You thank custom seats are $$ for scooters; try seat cushions for a sail boat!! That applied to jet skis; horses; airplanes;etc..
Point here is, did we sail everyday to over come saddle sores/position discomfort"; no we didn't and I think that applies to most of us when it comes to scooter rides. Even though I have a Mustang with back rest; after about 75 miles I want to get off and give my tailbone/arse give it a rest. However after about 400 miles of that I'm ready to call it a day. But I have also noticed, after a week or two week trip, I can start going more and more miles as the trip goes on. My arse/body is starting to get use to the conditions. Now I'm a short little fat guy; so a tall thinner guy might be able to go 600 miles a day and get use to the conditions in four days with same seat arrangement. But he may suffer more from wind than me.
I know I'm preaching to the choir for the most part; but thought this might help some searching for the perfect saddle. IMHO there isn't one; some close; but have tried many. Rez; if you get to try a seat; make sure you can try it for a LONG trip; just not a couple days, more than that, if your lucky enough to do so for a good evaluation Note: Wouldn't be nice to get all the long days/miles riders from all types of bikes and see what kind of seat they have settled on.[pun intended] No not the Iron Butt guys; their animals!![ just jealous they can do it and I can't]

Old 10-29-2010, 05:23 PM   #7

Mustang Seat

Thanks for the comments. I have had a Mustang seat on a previous bike and was very satisfied with it. My main concern is if the seating position pushes me ahead at all. Some comments I have read on previous threads here say it does and other comments say it doesn't....so it becomes confusing. The used 3 piece Mustang set I am considering is complete with the back rest. Thanks again.