Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Free Classifieds > Parts & Accessories

Old 04-21-2009, 08:29 PM   #1

W/Proof Riding Pant Recommendations

A couple of weeks ago I came across a thread here on jackets and someone recommended this one:

http://www.leatherup.com/p/Mens-Motorcyc....ets/41436.html

I bought it and it turned out to be an excellent recommendation. With the lining, it is as warm as the leather jacket I have, comfortable and water proof. I haven't tested it in rain on the bike yet but wore it at my son's soccer game last weekend where it rained the whole time and it worked just fine. And the price ain't bad either. Without the lining, I think it will work as a rain jacket in the summer if necessary.

I have studied the web to try to find something similar in a riding pant but can't seem to decide which is what I am looking for. My thinking is that for long trips I could take these less bulky pants and jacket rather than carry a leather jacket, chaps and a rain suit. I took the armour out of the jacket and it rolls up into a fairly small package about the size of my current rain suit. So, you can see where my question is headed. I'd appreciate some recommendations for waterproof, breathable riding pants (not overpants) with a removable lining for colder weather. I'd wear these instead of my jeans just like regular pants but they should also be wearable in 90+ weather. May such an animal doesn't exist...LOL. If anyone has a suggestion, I'd greatly appreciate it. Just trying to reduce the bulk of stuff I carry on long trips!

Pete

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-21-2009, 10:04 PM   #2

Hard to find manufacturers that use Cordura fabric in their clothing I guess -- but did find the following link for you to ck out.

http://www.klimusa.com/products.php

You'll have to let it load fully first; then you can scroll the pictures until you find the two pants available.

Not really sure that is what you are looking for.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

"You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts."

Former VBA NCR Assist Regional Leader
Formerly: 2004 1500FI Bronze Nomad: 2009 & 2014 HD Ultra
Current Rides: 2017 HD Ultra Limited & 2011 Can Am Spyder RTS-SE
Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Old 04-21-2009, 10:26 PM   #3

Thanks for that link. I got it bookmarked. I have actually been to a few dirt bike shops figuring they may be a good source. These definitely look promising.

Thanks again,

Pete

Old 04-27-2009, 02:56 PM   #4

Joe Rocket!!!!

Old 04-28-2009, 08:54 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by caper
Joe Rocket!!!!
Thanks. I checked them too.

Pete