Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 01-07-2010, 08:29 PM   #1

ROLL TIDE

nuff said

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-07-2010, 09:01 PM   #2
Top Contributor

ROLL TIDE

I could maybe pull for them a little if Saban was not the coach....but that being said..............Hook'em Horns!!!

Todd Frazier
VBA #0003
VBA National Leader-USA Operations/Garage Moderator - RETIRED
2006 Black Nomad since she was born
Greensboro, NC

Old 01-08-2010, 03:33 AM   #3
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via AIM to AlabamaNomadRider Send a message via Yahoo to AlabamaNomadRider
ROLL TIDE

Great game but I keep wondering what if. I am afraid that is what the rest of the country will be wondering also.

Gene Cross, Jr.
Boaz, Alabama
KawaNOW/VBA #1181

Old 01-09-2010, 04:13 AM   #4
Advanced Member

ROLL TIDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaNomadRider
Great game but I keep wondering what if. I am afraid that is what the rest of the country will be wondering also.

You want a What IF, What if the ref's hadn't given Texas 1 extra sec on the clock Alabama wouldn't even played Texas.

And Gene, so you know What the rest of the country thinks is Congrats to Alabama for the 13th. National Championship.
VBA #00077

Old 01-09-2010, 09:30 PM   #5

ROLL TIDE

Amen.................Roll Tide!!!!!!It's a Sabanation........

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-10-2010, 04:19 PM   #6

ROLL TIDE

History will remember that the SEC has won 6 of 6 National Title games and the last 4. Colt might have made it closer, but he would not have won the game alone.

Old 01-11-2010, 07:59 PM   #7

Send a message via MSN to bokobob
ROLL TIDE

ok, here is my prediction about Colt McCoy...(first, too bad he got hurt...that was a really bad break.)

But in the pro's...he will be lucky if he becomes a respected backup someday...my opinion..

Yeah, I know he almost won the heisman..Hey, Chris Weinke DID win the Heisman...and there are lots and lots of QBs who won it and got nowhere in teh pro game..

Old 01-11-2010, 08:19 PM   #8
VBA Founder

ROLL TIDE

While I'm not one to take away a victory from anyone or start any trouble....I will say congrats to Alabama. They played a good game.

Here's my take on things.... the asterisk will always be there. And the more Alabama fans bring this up, the bolder that asterisk is going to become.

If McCoy would have stayed healthy and played would Texas have won? Hard to predict the future...but I'm guessing by the way Alabama played the first 4 minutes of the game, they probably would have lost. It was already 6-0 when Colt got hurt.

Let's also remember Texas was within three points of tieing the game in the fourth quarter with an 18 year old quarterback at the helm. The touchdowns Alabama earned to win the game were thrown to them by an inexperienced kid. I wouldn't be bragging too much if I were you guys.

McCoy's injury caused a rif in the moral of the team....defense as well as offense. You might turn it around and ask what if Mark Ingram had been hurt in the first 4 minutes of the game. Would Alabama have won? Again, hard to tell.

BTW, Alabama rolled it's tide this year with a quarterback from Southlake, Texas and a linebacker from San Antonio, Texas. Key players for you guys this year.

As far as what Colt McCoy will do in the pros.....noone can answer that. Stick around and we'll see.

Again, I congratulate Alabama on a good game and I wish them the best in the future.
Trip's Website

Custer 09, 18 / Maggie Valley 11 / Eureka Springs 09, 17 / Antlers 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18
Texas Hill Country / Deals Gap / Colorado / Wyoming / Montana / Utah / More trips for Trip

Old 01-11-2010, 10:06 PM   #9
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via AIM to AlabamaNomadRider Send a message via Yahoo to AlabamaNomadRider
ROLL TIDE

Well said Trip. I just wish Colt hadn't got hurt then we would really know what happened. Of course if a frog had wings!

Gene Cross, Jr.
Boaz, Alabama
KawaNOW/VBA #1181

Old 01-11-2010, 10:12 PM   #10

ROLL TIDE

Colt didnt leave the game on a freak accident, he left because of a hit by an Alabama Defensive player. Thats part of the game. If Ingram had left the game? we would have plugged Trent and Upchurch into the mix, and if they got tired we would have played Grant. Colt is an outstanding player, but a team with no depth isnt as good a TEAM as one that can keep going when one player goes down. Afterall it is a team game, and although you cant tell it watching big 12 teams when they go outside of conference, DEFENSE is an important part of the game

Old 01-12-2010, 04:39 AM   #11
Advanced Member

ROLL TIDE

You keep saying that we looked bad the first 4 min....lol...we were only down 6 point...Look at it when we played Auburn we were down 14 point in the first few min. The game ain't over till the fat lady sings.

On top of that THE reason McElory didn't or couldn't pass but for 58 yards was he had broke or cracked ribs.

Alabama quarterback Greg McElroy kept his record as a high school and college football quarterback perfect -- now 30-0 -- by leading the Crimson Tide to a 37-21 victory over Texas on Thursday night for the national championship.

But he completed only 6-of-11 passes for 58 yards, and he was sacked five times.

It turns out any one of those sacks could have knocked him out of the game, as his counterpart -- Texas star senior quarterback Colt McCoy -- was early in the first quarter.

McElroy reportedly was playing with cracked ribs.

"It's bad," he said outside the locker room, according to an ESPN.com report. "I got it numbed up before the game and it was killing me at halftime."

He supposedly suffered the injury during the third quarter of the Tide's 32-13 victory over Florida on Dec. 5 in the Southeastern Conference Championship Game.

He has been in considerable pain since then, and he played despite great pain Thursday night.

He wore a flak jacket and protected the ribs more with extra padding.

Remember Sabine at the beginning of the games did say who would be our backup Q'back if McElory got hurt.

VBA #00077

Old 01-12-2010, 07:22 AM   #12
VBA Founder

ROLL TIDE

And where is McElroy from? ...Enjoy the win guys but don't let the asterisk get any bolder.
Trip's Website

Custer 09, 18 / Maggie Valley 11 / Eureka Springs 09, 17 / Antlers 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18
Texas Hill Country / Deals Gap / Colorado / Wyoming / Montana / Utah / More trips for Trip

Old 01-13-2010, 12:31 AM   #13

ROLL TIDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip
And where is McElroy from? ...Enjoy the win guys but don't let the asterisk get any bolder.
Hey if that's all you got "he's from texas" LMAO then go for it. McElroy decided to play for Alabama

Posted by AlabamaNomadRider on Jan 11, 2010, 10:06pm
Well said Trip. I just wish Colt hadn't got hurt then we would really know what happened.
Nomadrider you need to wipe your nose I think it's got some brown stuff all over it. ;) ;)

Old 01-13-2010, 01:10 AM   #14
Sr. Contributor

ROLL TIDE

Good one Wolf. Actually I am just an Auburn fan at heart. I pull for Alabama because they happen to be in the state I reside. Saban will probably pull a stunt like Lane Kiffin did to Tennessee. This should get my Alabama friends going for days.

Gene Cross, Jr.
Boaz, Alabama
KawaNOW/VBA #1181

Old 01-14-2010, 08:35 AM   #15

ROLL TIDE

saban wont leave until he gets his statue up outside the stadium.