Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Riding > Motorcycle Safety/Riding Techniques

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-26-2008, 11:10 PM   #16

Turn in point.

Quote:
Another question. I don't judge my line of approach in curves based on the person in front of me if riding with hubby or a group. I judge it based on entrance speed, sharpness of curve, how well I can see around the curve etc.... I figure we're never matched for speed, entrance angle, different bikes etc... This is correct isn't it.... that you should not just follow the line of the bike in front of you....our comfort levels and experience levels may be quiet different. Right?
I agree with you. When I'm in a group and riding in staggered formation, I abandon it in corners and ride my own ride for the corner, then fall back into the stagger formation after the curve.

I prefer that everyone falls back into the same stagger that they entered. So if I was in the left track going in, I hate it when people fall back into a different placement putting me in the right track after coming out.

I've been in groups that keep the same stagger for hundreds of miles, and other groups that lose it after a couple of 90 degree turns.

Login or Register to Remove Ads