Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 09-16-2011, 08:47 AM   #46
Sr. Contributor

Throttle Modification For Nomad,Vaquero, Voyager

And after all this he still hasn't explained anything about how his device works...
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

BMW: When you care enough to ride the very best.

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Rallies: Custer '09|Prairie Du Chien '10|Crescent City '11

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-16-2011, 09:03 AM   #47
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACNRAY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blowndodge "Darksider"
Again not to make it a personal issue but the intro into this thread is copied verbatim on that link posted and a "thank you" from the "inventor" on both sites. When KawaNOW members come up with an idea, they play it to the crowd. Like, "Have any of you with a 1700 notice that the off idle response is not what you want it to be? Well I'm working on a permanent solution because I believe it's doable."

Then those on board that have an issue with that problem interest's would have been peaked. sort of like Nomad pinging issues got all of our attention. Then someone developed the TFI explained how it worked and sold thousands!

Going to multiple sites with the same quote with a setup man and the answer isn't the best marketing strategy. It's too "Billy Mays'ish" JMHO

I don't know maybe it's all the spam email Todd gets trying to get him to purchase pecker enlargement pills.

Sorry todd, ur ol lady's been yackin'
captj3 copied his post from the other site to save hinself time. I am sorry that this came across as anything other that what it really was...a customer describing his experience and results of a product, and i have and will always be grateful when someone makes the effort and takes the time to comment on their experiences with my shop, what we do, etc.

I was on the other site for quite some time and have a VERY extensive write up on the mods i have made to my Vaquero, so i was well known over there. I can't say how many thanx i have gotten and still get from members over there for my contributions of knowledge, and i am grateful for that. So when captj3 reported on his results it was met with approval not skeptisism. Not so here, but maybe this post can help clear things up and we can move on.

I am not a scammer nor do i have any ill intentions, and ANYTHING i offer here, knowledge gained from 35 years of working on motorcycles for a living is intended to help not hinder-PERIOD. If i offer something for sale it will ALWAYS offer an improvement as i will never decieve anyone. With that same 35 years i also have learned to protect myself as i too have been burned by others when i "let the cat outof the bag". My knowledge is free, my products and services are NOT!!

I ask all of you...is there room on this forum for me and what I may bring to the table? Might there be a benefit to the members here that i do my own research, developement, and every working day of my life has been working and learning about bikes? I was just getting started here and I hope to be as welcome here as i am everywhere else, regardless of how this thread has turned out.

RACNRAY
Ray, welcome aboard. I am new to Nomad and this site, but have read your posts on the other site you refer to. I appreciate all the information you can share with us along with all the information other members on this site have to offer. No matter what you do in life, you can always learn.

I hope you stay here and continue to contribute to what this site is all about, the coming together of Nomad, Vaquero and Voyager owners and the sharing of information and ideas.

Ride safe!!

VBA#1838
Blue Knights#70718

2009 HD Ultra Classic

2010 Nomad August 2011-July2012
2008 900 Classic LT February 2009-August 2011

Old 09-16-2011, 09:12 AM   #48
Sr. Contributor

Ray, welcome to the forum!
Gerry Martineau / 802 VT / VBA #0892 /[email]glmjgm@gmail.com[email]

Old 09-16-2011, 09:24 AM   #49

Quote:
Again not to make it a personal issue but the intro into this thread is copied verbatim on that link posted and a "thank you" from the "inventor" on both sites.

When KawaNOW members come up with an idea, they play it to the crowd. Like, "Have any of you with a 1700 notice that the off idle response is not what you want it to be? Well I'm working on a permanent solution because I believe it's doable."

Then those on board that have an issue with that problem interest's would have been peaked. sort of like Nomad pinging issues got all of our attention. Then someone developed the TFI explained how it worked and sold thousands!

Going to multiple sites with the same quote with a setup man and the answer isn't the best marketing strategy. It's too "Billy Mays'ish" JM
1st I'm no setup man. I guess I shouldn't have copied and pasted my post from the other forum. I did it so members here could see what I was talking about. If people would have asked questions instead of attacking I would have been more than happy to answer. I know that I am fairly new here, but for people to jump to conclusions is a bit overboard. I'm on other car forums and have had good and bad experiences with shops in the past. I have been threatened for calling out a thief and a liar. That shop went out of business and some customers got hurt. I will call out someone for BS, but I will praise someone for doing something right. I just met Ray personally when he did the mod to my bike. I spoke to him on the phone a few times about the bikes. I asked him about this mod when he did it to his. At that time he wasn't even thinking about making it public. He didn't even know that I posted here until I sent him the link. Now if we can all move on from the snide remarks it is something that could be beneficial to some members. I am new to bikes, but not new to modding or motors or forums.

2012 Vaquero
1700 Nomad
(Deceased)
Cobra Tri-Ovals
Racnrays Invention (Throttle Mod)
Ivan's flash
Thunder Tornado Big Air Kit

Old 09-16-2011, 09:31 AM   #50

Also in support of RACNRAY, I've seen his modification pictures on the Vulcan site and I found them creative and would have done some of them to my Nomad 1700 if I still had it. (Athough the final determination is supposed to be today. That's another post entirely.)

RACNRAY posted pictures and descriptions of many of the mods with an extensive narration on how and why to do it. So it's not like he doesn't contribute to the cause.

I'm guessing his recent throttle mod is something simple that took allot of trial and error to achieve. He is in business and I have no problem with him selling and making a profit on the fruits of his labor and no one else should either.

Oldest Saloon In Nevada
http://www.pioneersaloon.info/

"Sin City Stan"
Henderson, NV
VBA #01004
VROC #29365
2004 Nomad 1500L5 +100 "The Bike"
2009 Nomad 1700 (past)
2004 Vulcan Classic 800 (past)
2010 Cortez - 2011 Crescent City - 2012 Kanab - 2013 Estes Park

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-16-2011, 10:33 AM   #51
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin City Stan
Also in support of RACNRAY, I've seen his modification pictures on the Vulcan site and I found them creative and would have done some of them to my Nomad 1700 if I still had it. (Athough the final determination is supposed to be today. That's another post entirely.)

RACNRAY posted pictures and descriptions of many of the mods with an extensive narration on how and why to do it. So it's not like he doesn't contribute to the cause.

I'm guessing his recent throttle mod is something simple that took allot of trial and error to achieve. He is in business and I have no problem with him selling and making a profit on the fruits of his labor and no one else should either.
Do you have an address for these? I'd like to take a look.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Old 09-16-2011, 10:52 AM   #52
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge

Once again, I apologize if you thought I was attacking. We've have plenty in the past post "ask me how" and not follow up on whats going on! We're a leary crowd of "doubting Thomas's" for a reason. You should be able to understand that..

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 09-16-2011, 01:06 PM   #53

Location: 6th Floor up at the The Nervous Hospital up in East Central State, NC

Quote:
Once again, I apologize if you thought I was attacking. We've have plenty in the past post "ask me how" and not follow up on whats going on! We're a leary crowd of "doubting Thomas's" for a reason. You should be able to understand that..
I believe a more sincere gesture of an apology would be for you to purchase one of the throttle thingy things from this nice gentleman.

Furthermore it will demonstrate to "US WHO KNOW YOU that this is not yet again another shallow apologies that you carry around like so many dimes in your pocket.

The best of my fading memory recalls you done run about two dozen outa here up to and including a psychiatrist, a goat herder from the Netherlands, a couple young fellers, several members of the clergy, and I hear tell even your own sainted dear grandmother.

Oh, and most recently almost kicked your ownself off!! ! I like to have forgotten that one.

Oh yeah, Welcome to the board Ray. We're happy to have you up in here.

??-Mar.2,2012 "Rocky" My Beloved Dog RIP

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

"The shoes you buy at the Salvation Army is already been broke in"- Aunt Kawhead

Old 09-16-2011, 01:09 PM   #54
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawhead
Quote:
I believe a more sincere gesture of an apology would be for you to purchase one of the throttle thingy things from this nice gentleman.

Furthermore it will demonstrate to "US WHO KNOW YOU that this is not yet again another shallow apologies that you carry around like so many dimes in your pocket.

The best of my fading memory recalls you done run about two dozen outa here up to and including a psychiatrist, a goat herder from the Netherlands, a couple young fellers, several members of the clergy, and I hear tell even your own sainted dear grandmother.

Oh, and most recently almost kicked your ownself off!! ! I like to have forgotten that one.

Oh yeah, Welcome to the board Ray. We're happy to have you up in here.
It won't work on my bike. :)
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Old 09-16-2011, 01:23 PM   #55
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge

And Mike won't work PERIOD!! Lazy bast................

You should know better than go up against "The most interesting Nomad Owner in the World". You may come-a-running but you'll go away limpin'!!!

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 09-16-2011, 01:27 PM   #56
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
And Mike won't work PERIOD!! Lazy bast................

You should know better than go up against "The most interesting Nomad Owner in the World". You may come-a-running but you'll go away limpin'!!!
It's the cigars.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Old 09-16-2011, 01:27 PM   #57

Ray,

I found your different mods along with your dyno and fuel mileage reports very interesting. I looked forward to all the results on the changes you had planned. I know you have posted dyno reports on different exhaust pipes and also your bafflle changes you made to the aftermarket exhaust pipes. And also changes on the intake side. I'm sure the 1700 forum will find your post more then interesting.

What I didn't know was that you sold anything, I knew you had the shop and a lot of knowledge about bikes. Anyways all you did here was interduce yourself I guess it looked funny someone else blowing your horn.

I like the forum here, I never was one for a lot of rules and as you have seen everyone here has their own "interesting" opinions on about everything Anyways welcome to Kawanow from James Hope to see you at a rally sometime.

Kawasaki 2010 Nomad 1700
Southern Oregon

Vance & Hines slash cut slip-ons
Cobra Powerpro CVT
Thunder Air Kit, stock cover
Kuryakyn Power Point 12v adaptor
Cobra Luggage Rack
Grasshopper back rest
Tomtom GPS

Old 09-16-2011, 01:48 PM   #58

But why do the modification when you can get the same results with just going with Amsoil?

Old 09-16-2011, 01:52 PM   #59
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
But why do the modification when you can get the same results with just going with Amsoil?
And Sea Foam!
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Old 09-16-2011, 03:39 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponch
Do you have an address for these? I'd like to take a look.
This is a link to a search of RACNRAY the website

http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/s...earchid=407616

Oldest Saloon In Nevada
http://www.pioneersaloon.info/

"Sin City Stan"
Henderson, NV
VBA #01004
VROC #29365
2004 Nomad 1500L5 +100 "The Bike"
2009 Nomad 1700 (past)
2004 Vulcan Classic 800 (past)
2010 Cortez - 2011 Crescent City - 2012 Kanab - 2013 Estes Park