Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > Canada West Group

Old 01-20-2010, 07:28 PM   #1
Top Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to rickyboy
Job #2. 2010 regional rally

Hi again,

Another "job" I have, is to find out if and when the western region members would like to have a rally.
I understand that vacation time can be limited for all of us and some people have already started to plan. I know western Canadian members have shown an interest in attending the U.S. of A.'s NW regions grp's rally in Kalispell. That great. I hope to attend it myself. But is there an appetite out there, to hold our own rally here in the west??
Please chime in here if #1. you want to have one, #2. where you'd suggest to have it. Once we get a feel for what we want as a grp. we can start planning ......or not. Let's hear from you.

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
108 Mile Ranch, British Columbia
Canada
Vulcan Bagger Assoc. #00722
Black 2006 Nomad

https://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/ico...Book_32x32.png

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-22-2010, 08:09 AM   #2
Advanced Member

The only problem with a rally this summer for Western Canada Nomads is planning. For me most of my summer, especially when riding is concerned is pre-planned in advance. I'm not talking about day rides or even an over-nighter. But a longer ride would be difficult to work into the schedule. It might be nice if we tried to plan a meet and greet in Jasper or Lake Louise, (or some where similar geographically) meet up for an evening and head out on our own way the next day. That being said, if something was organized I would make an effort to attend.

Old 01-22-2010, 11:17 AM   #3
Advanced Member

If a rally were planned, I would do my best to participate. That being said, it looks like I already have a busy summer booked. I am committed to Kalispell, and really looking forward to that. :) Other things are also in the works including near a week in Alberta at the end of June. Vancouver Island in August is also a possibility still. And what could throw a wrench into it all is my house is now listed for sale, and if it sells, this summer will be very busy hammering together a new one. So, how's that for a definate maybe? But like I said, I would try to attend if a rally were planned.

Mike Donahue
Morinville, AB
VBA#17

"Every day above ground is a good one!"

Old 01-22-2010, 01:49 PM   #4

Cool..but I already have time booked for B.C. in May and August..I'll see how things work out..John

Old 01-22-2010, 11:59 PM   #5

My wife and i would be interested let us know , we are going to Vancouver Island in begining of Aug for 2 weeks .

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-23-2010, 07:08 PM   #6
Top Contributor

For those that mentioned being in BC/Vancouver/Vancouver Island,... in July and/or August, do you have time to fit in a two day rally? Maybe a ride on "The Island? And those who "might be able" or "would try" to fit something in, how does that sound to you??
Kris {netnorski} is doing a ride on The Island in July. Maybe a bunch of us could hook up with them !

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
Canada
Black 2006 Nomad

Old 01-25-2010, 10:54 PM   #7
Top Contributor

Yeah...not to butt in....but Rick and I were talking and although a great idea, it seems the timing of the east/west split was not the best, as many people have already made summer riding plans (including Kalispell).

That said, I have already planned an additional 3-day ride to Vancouver Island July 16-18 (Fri-Sun)....and we thought this might be a great opportunity to gather as many Western Canadians and Northwest members as we could for a joint gathering... !

Call it a Mini-Rally or whatever, but I think it will be a great ride and a great opportunity for us all to get together, especially for those who can't make the NW Regional Rally in Kalispell.

Like I told Rick, I don't see many of us making the National next year due to the distance involved, so we can plan some more cool things for 2011 both in Western Canada and the Northwest US ;).

Book your rooms ASAP as the Tofino Hotel only has 13 rooms. There are other motels in Tofino as well...but getting an early reservation would be a wise thing to do if you plan to make it. Let Rick know if you would like to join us!

http://www.vulcanbagger.com/phpBB3/v...ic.php?t=13722
VBA #0691
2017 HD Ultra Limited Low
2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
2012 1700 Vulcan Voyager
2008 1600 Vulcan Nomad
1997 Vulcan 800 Classic

"Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional"

Custer 2009|Kalispell 2010|Cortez 2010|Crescent City 2011|Kanab 2012|Canmore 2012|Estes Park 2013|Orofino 2014|Lake Tahoe 2015|Red Lodge 2016

Old 01-30-2010, 09:01 AM   #8

Hey guys ...brand new here so hi to all.....I agree with a meet in a central location, well as central as you can get, the lake louise or jasper idea sounds great to me. The wife and I have also planned several possibilities in and around long weekends but those are short jaunts to calgary or jasper banff, we love the mountains, even lethbridge and coutts is on our list and maybe a quick run to vegas in august. but to meet up this year with fellow nomadians would be fun. whatever you guys chose I feel I want to try and be there. There is always another date on the calender to go for a trip.

Old 01-30-2010, 10:10 AM   #9
Advanced Member

Something more central than Tofino might work better, that's quite a ride from Alberta, Saskatchewan or Manitoba. I would say it should depend on where the most interested members are from on what is central.

We already have our main holidays planned and booked but we can pretty much book time off work to make anything a 'long' week-end from the end of May to the end of September, so anywhere in eastern BC or Alberta would work.

Old 02-02-2010, 10:02 PM   #10

I'm also kinda new to this group, so Hi guy's.
Working in the golf industry leaves little time for extended (more then 3 day rides) during the summer months and two day rides will likely be the norm for me.
Kootney region of B.C. or the Banff Jasper areas would probably be my distance range.
Hope to meet some of you this summer

Old 02-02-2010, 11:57 PM   #11

Rick,
As mentioned earlier, Deb and I are off to Europe in September. Plus, I'm in Huston in April for 10 days then Washington D.C. in August for 14 days. Makes it tough to plan with such a schedule, we wanted to go to the Island for 2 weeks but with Deb wanting to come to Washington, she's used up her holidays. Best we could do would be a weekend deal, maybe 4 days if you count a Friday and Monday, say near Banff or the likes.

Kevin

Old 02-03-2010, 01:42 AM   #12
Top Contributor

Kevin, and others....
I think the majority of our western region is in Alta.. I can understand totally, that it would be difficult for most if not all to make it to the coast.
A four day'er somewhere, would be fine. My vacations are getting booked up as well. I'm trying to work in the July ride with the "NW Region" guys from the US. But that is not a sure thing yet either. I'm thinking more and more that we should perhaps hold off on an ofiicial rally till either next yr., { for those not being able to attend the National }, or leave it till 2012. WOW ! that's a ways off. Man ! I need to retire, this working thing is getting in the way of my life.

BTW everyone, are there many members hoping to make the National next year? I am at this point in time. I'm planning on trailer'in down to some point where I can hook up with others and then ride the remainder of the dist..

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
Canada
Black 2006 Nomad

Old 02-05-2010, 08:01 PM   #13
Advanced Member

We have already decided that the national rally is a definite go for us next year. We went to Deals Gap two years ago and have been looking for a reason to go again and the rally is it.

Rocky Mountain House in Alberta would be a nice spot for a weekend rally. We have been there a few times and the riding in the area is pretty good.

Old 02-10-2010, 02:44 PM   #14

Well for anyone looking to have a great party already in the works - four name bands over two night - flat track racing - rodeo - local entertainers day time - poker run - cager show Sat. - vendors - free tenting with weekend pass $40.00 early bird price - something for every minute of the day in June http://www.borderbikerally.com/ check out the website. Coolest part of the deal you will be in the ONLY BORDER CITY in Canada!
Joined this site a while back just noticed the Western group COOL Hi guys I answer to Mingo or just about anything else my wife calls me:-)

Old 02-12-2010, 08:48 AM   #15

Always open to try to make what ever we can. We are going to the Kalispell rally as its only 4 hours away and we love that run. Anything else planned we would sure entertain tying to attend as well. Like most, kids, jobs ect need to be juggled around a bit.