Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > Canada West Group

Old 04-28-2010, 01:49 PM   #1
Top Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to rickyboy
Elvis

Hey E !!! How are you doing with your repairs?? I hear you picked up some parts from Kris. When are you going to be back on the road?? You, Hammer and me should hook up for a ride/coffee. Let me know when. I think Hammer is recouping still from some surgery. He said he'd get hold of me.

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
108 Mile Ranch, British Columbia
Canada
Vulcan Bagger Assoc. #00722
Black 2006 Nomad

https://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/ico...Book_32x32.png

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-28-2010, 04:53 PM   #2
Advanced Member

Elvis

Yea, I was wondering how he is making out with the repair as well.

Hey Rick, I wouldn't be adverse to taking a burn down your way for a coffee. Maybe meet in Hope or something. Wouldn't be a hard day for me to make that loop. Would that work for you sometime?

Mike

Mike Donahue
Morinville, AB
VBA#17

"Every day above ground is a good one!"

Old 04-29-2010, 02:52 AM   #3
Top Contributor

Elvis

Really Mike???? Not a big ride for me, so sure.! How far is for you?? Let me know when.

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
Canada
Black 2006 Nomad

Old 04-29-2010, 04:13 AM   #4
Advanced Member

Elvis

hey Rick
My BIL and I were talking just last week about doing a day ride down the Fraser Canyon to Hope and then up the Hope/Princeton to home. I have done that loop before in a day. I am about 3 1/2 hours from Hope via the Coquihalla so if you wanna do lunch one day, I would be into that. Are you away most weekends? Are you back to work yet? Probably a Saturday would be best for me. We could pick one that you are not going to the cabin and if it works for me too! Just wish the weather would be more cooperative. Been the chits lately. But shouldn't complain cause what we got is lots better than Alberta is getting right now. Snowing like hell there.

Mike

Mike Donahue
Morinville, AB
VBA#17

"Every day above ground is a good one!"

Old 04-29-2010, 12:02 PM   #5

Elvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyboy ... #00722
Hey E !!! How are you doing with your repairs?? I hear you picked up some parts from Kris. When are you going to be back on the road?? You, Hammer and me should hook up for a ride/coffee. Let me know when. I think Hammer is recouping still from some surgery. He said he'd get hold of me.
Hi Rick et al.,

Work is getting in the way.... all the things you wanna do get delayed... Anyways, I picked up the parts Tuesday night, restored the bike Wednesday night. I rode into work this morning. Man, it feels great....

I want to thank all members who offered help with the parts and particularly Kris and Rick for offering help with shipping of the parts. Special thanks to Kris for receiving the parts for me and putting up with FedEx's nonsense.

Rick, coffee sounds good. Do you know this place: http://www.davidsonpittstop.ca/, like Kawasaki says I will now "let the good times roll".

Cheers,

E.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-29-2010, 06:46 PM   #6
Advanced Member

Elvis

Snowing like hell??? It's worse than that, it's like the wrath of God has come down on us again like it did 2 weeks ago. It's not so much the snow as the it is the high winds whipping it around. We've got about 8 inches of slush right now, started blowing about 11 last night and the snow started right after that after raining all day yesterday. Has snowed all day and the wind is still howling. Temperature is sitting right at 0 so at least it isn't freezing.

10 miles to the west of us, there is so much water in the ground, the power poles started to float out of the ground and the ones that didn't float out, snapped off when the first ones fell over. The tops of the poles, power lines and all, are laying on the shoulder of the highway so they closed the highway from Magrath to Waterton.

It's not real pretty right now in Southern Alberta but wow is everything going to green up when this quits.

Old 04-30-2010, 04:51 AM   #7
Top Contributor

Elvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycleCat
Snowing like hell??? It's worse than that, it's like the wrath of God has come down on us again like it did 2 weeks ago. It's not so much the snow as the it is the high winds whipping it around. We've got about 8 inches of slush right now, started blowing about 11 last night and the snow started right after that after raining all day yesterday. Has snowed all day and the wind is still howling. Temperature is sitting right at 0 so at least it isn't freezing.

10 miles to the west of us, there is so much water in the ground, the power poles started to float out of the ground and the ones that didn't float out, snapped off when the first ones fell over. The tops of the poles, power lines and all, are laying on the shoulder of the highway so they closed the highway from Magrath to Waterton.

It's not real pretty right now in Southern Alberta but wow is everything going to green up when this quits.
Now just that is a good reason to live on what is the west coast today. But "they" say Alberta is the new west coast. Right after we have the big earthquake. We'll all be surfing to Calgary.

Mike you name the day and I'll do my best to arrange to be there. I usually work Friday nights so Sat. would be difficult to meet you unless it's later in the day. But that'll make it hard for you to do the rtn. in good time. I PM'd you but think about meeting and then coming to "the cabin" one weekend, this spring/summer. I'll grab Elvis and Hammer if they can come and make a grp ride. Something to think about.

E,....yes I know the place but thought it was HD's only. I go by the place daily when I'm working and have never seen a metric bike at the place. Always a Harley there and if they're sitting out side, they always seem to give me and mine a look. Probably say something like "wanna be". maybe not. I'll have a look at the web site and see what they're about. But lets meet somewhere......soon.

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
Canada
Black 2006 Nomad

Old 05-03-2010, 01:23 AM   #8

Elvis

Took a short ride this PM:

Old 05-03-2010, 06:36 AM   #9

Elvis

Bike looks good Elvis, are you keeping it solo?

Old 05-03-2010, 10:09 AM   #10

Elvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadbelly #01341
Bike looks good Elvis, are you keeping it solo?
I solo'd her at the beginning of this year and like the minimalist look and feel. But when we do our summer trip, I'll probably put the seat and sissy bar back on because I secure an additional bag to the sissy bar. I've considered a rear fender rack but did not find any that I like. My wife's Suzi has a very nice and functional rack, I'd buy one for my Nomad if I found a similar one.

Cheers,

Elvis