Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > Canada West Group

Old 03-24-2010, 02:13 PM   #1
Top Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to rickyboy
Listen to all that quiet

Boy !! not much being said here these days. What are you all up to?
Have you been out riding? Where? How long/far? What's the weather like where you are? Is there still snow? What are your plans for the season? Going to make the Island run in July or Kalispel in August?

I haven't been riding yet. I took the bike out of the garage to polish it up a bit and take some photo's of my new Bib/bra I got yesterday. There are a ton of bikes "out and about" here in Langley. Makes me mad that the knee is screwed up and I can't trust it to ride with. Soon though I hope. I am planning to make both the Island ride and the Kalispel ride as well, seeing as there wasn't much time to organize a rally of our own this year, and it didn't seem like there was much of an apetite to attend if one was organized. 2012 for sure. Next year it'll be the National for me. I hope we can get a bunch of us to head there either by trailer, or riding there. I had a great time meeting everyone at Custer, not to mention seeing the areas and towns when doing the rides.
It'll be a long ride for the next National but I'm sure nobody will regret it once you get there, and I'm sure we'll see some great country getting there.
later everyone

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
108 Mile Ranch, British Columbia
Canada
Vulcan Bagger Assoc. #00722
Black 2006 Nomad

https://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/ico...Book_32x32.png

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-24-2010, 07:02 PM   #2

Listen to all that quiet

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyboy ... #00722
Boy !! not much being said here these days. What are you all up to?
Have you been out riding? Where? How long/far? What's the weather like where you are? Is there still snow? What are your plans for the season? Going to make the Island run in July or Kalispel in August?
Hey Rick,

Aside from commuting which is not a long distance, I don't get to ride anywhere. Sometimes I take the long way home when it's sunny. Mornings are around 35 and I do put on long-johns and chaps. On the way home, it gets warmer but I'm contemplating on buying chap pants for this kind of weather, the groin area gets very cold with the chaps on.

I anticipate reduced work load towards the end of April and that's when my better half and I are gonna compensate for these busy days.

On long winter nights and cold days, we dreamed of going to the States for a week or two, maybe a little longer. No concrete plans... We sure will ride somewhere on long weekends, too.

Cheers,

Elvis

Old 03-24-2010, 08:17 PM   #3
Top Contributor

Listen to all that quiet

E,
It would sure be nice if you and the missus could join us for the Island run in July! I know you are a spur of the moment kind of guy, but if you think you could swing it, it would be great to meet, ride and party with ya for a couple days! I'm really looking forward to it!

Rick,
Hope the knee is healing up okay for you. Sounds like a long rehab is getting in the way of some good riding! Spring has sprung here and I'm ready to roll!

I've hooked up with NW member Duffy numerous times over the winter, including just last week. He lives in Burlington/Sedro-Wooley, so it's easy for me to run up his way. He is a good guy. He is good friends with a new member here named hammer from up in your area. I guess he is banged up too and not quite ready to ride either.

I like your custom bib/bra....Frank does top shelf work. Hope he treated you right on the deal. I'm a little surprised you didn't get a pocket on there. That is a handy deal for your phone and crap like that.

Got some bad news on my eye. Finally got in to see the big boys at the U of W. Looks like I got me a small melanoma tumor in the back of my right eye. A couple of options on treatment...niether of them good. Long story short....looks like I'm gonna be a one-eyed pirate within five to ten years... :-/. What can ya do....it is what it is.

Anyways....hope to catch up with you guys sooner rather than later.... ;) !
VBA #0691
2017 HD Ultra Limited Low
2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
2012 1700 Vulcan Voyager
2008 1600 Vulcan Nomad
1997 Vulcan 800 Classic

"Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional"

Custer 2009|Kalispell 2010|Cortez 2010|Crescent City 2011|Kanab 2012|Canmore 2012|Estes Park 2013|Orofino 2014|Lake Tahoe 2015|Red Lodge 2016

Old 03-24-2010, 11:13 PM   #4

Listen to all that quiet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netnorske
Got some bad news on my eye. Finally got in to see the big boys at the U of W. Looks like I got me a small melanoma tumor in the back of my right eye. A couple of options on treatment...niether of them good. Long story short....looks like I'm gonna be a one-eyed pirate within five to ten years... :-/. What can ya do....it is what it is.

Anyways....hope to catch up with you guys sooner rather than later.... ;) !
Kris, very sorry to hear about what the doctors said. On the one hand, who knows, somebody might come up with a cure to the problem in that time frame they predict and on the other hand, what do they know? I'd go see another doctor.

Take care,

E.

Old 03-25-2010, 12:33 AM   #5
Top Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to rickyboy
Listen to all that quiet

PM sent Kris

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
108 Mile Ranch, British Columbia
Canada
Vulcan Bagger Assoc. #00722
Black 2006 Nomad

https://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/ico...Book_32x32.png

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-25-2010, 09:56 AM   #6
Advanced Member

Listen to all that quiet

Dang. Sorry to hear about your eye Kris. The possibility exists that they may be wrong or perhaps it might be a lot longer before it gets so serious. Regardless, we should live each day as if its our last. I think we need to ride....uhhh.....more! I think I'll do that today! :)

Mike Donahue
Morinville, AB
VBA#17

"Every day above ground is a good one!"