Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > Canada West Group

Old 01-29-2010, 03:11 PM   #1
Top Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to rickyboy
The Vancouver Motorcycle Show

Just thought I'd share my thoughts on this yrs. show.
I did enjoy myself again this yr., I mean what's not to like about being surrounded by hundreds if not thousands of motorcycles and a few scantily clad young girls. Things don't change to much from one yr. to the next though. There weren't as many custom bikes/choppers this yr. as there was last yr.. It's one thing I do like to look at. Two colleagues of mine, a father and son, had their custom choppers there on display. I don't have any photos right now of their bikes, but will post some later . The son's cost him $70,000 cdn to build. and the fathers was a mere $30,000 cdn. Way too much for this guy to kick out. And I wouldn't want to ride it more than maybe a 100 kms.. But that goes for most of the choppers.

I did stop and drop off some KawaNOW cards at the Kawasaki desk. They were more than happy to have them there. I also had a chat with the Canadian rep. for Kawasaki. He noticed the cards at one end of the desk and caught me at the other side and asked me all about the web site and what we were all about...... our mission statement, where the H.Q. was and who the founder was etc.. He told me that if we were ever going to have a rally or ride, that he wanted to know about it because if he could possibly be there he would. He told me that he wanted to support us 100 %. I thanked him of course and said I would without a doubt be in touch with him in the future sometime. He gave me his card with both his business number and his cell number and his email address. I know talk is cheap and it remains to be seen who's there for us when we need/want them, but I was pretty happy and stoked about the whole encounter. And then I did my own P.R. work of course and handed out cards to guys/gals looking at the Nomads, and Ventures. I also gave some to salesmen to hand out to potential buyers.

All in all a good time. It got the blood pumping even more, in anticipation of the upcoming season.
I see that Elvis, who lives in North Vancouver {I think} went, I'm not sure what day, ...... It would have been nice to hook up with him and have a coffee had I known he was going. He's posted some photos of himself on a few bikes in the North West US regional board.

Anyone else around our region make it there?

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
108 Mile Ranch, British Columbia
Canada
Vulcan Bagger Assoc. #00722
Black 2006 Nomad

https://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/ico...Book_32x32.png

Login or Register to Remove Ads