Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-18-2014, 09:16 PM   #1

Cracked trunk around antenna mount ?

Good evening everyone,

I recently acquired a Voyager 2010 and i love it! Plenty of power and comfort, even got to try the heated grip today out in canada weather.

Yesterday i saw two crack on the trunk near the antenna base, when i removed the antenna for inspection the ABS from the trunk literally fell apart in multiple pieces and i ended up with a hole in the trunk. There is also two crack of about 4-6inch in the ABS. Very disappointed...it took me a good two hours to solder back and rebuild the ABS trunk. At least ABS is easy to repair. I soldered both side where it was not visible and only the inside where it was apparent as i didn't want to do a paint job now, ill keep this for the winter. I also reinforced the ABS around the Antenna post. Rode the bike for four hours today and all is good and solid.

I am trying to understand if this could have been due to vibration, someone bumping in the antenna, vandalism or whatever. I am extremely careful with it and always handle the top case with caution.

Has anyone ever experienced the same issue?

Login or Register to Remove Ads