Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 08-04-2007, 11:13 PM   #31

Scraping floorboards?

Only scraped mine once - accidentally.

My hubbie was taking me to pick up my bike we that had left to be serviced. I started having a BAD gallbladder attack while riding pillion on his Wing. (I knew I shouldn't have eaten that big slice of cheese pizza) He could here me moaning and I looked like ....well I looked bad. Being a nurse I knew it was my gallbladder but he thought I was having a MI so he poured on the juice. We were in the mountains and he was scraping right and left...trying to get to the next town or at least somewheres where he could pull over. You can guess what happened...sick anyway and all the up and down curves.....I tossed the cookies all over both of us....or all over our leathers....had my gallbladder out two days later.....that was a lot of fun.
Kawanow Member #23
Hubbie-Ken '10 Metalic Black Goldwing

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-05-2007, 11:59 AM   #32

Scraping floorboards?

Unwind2 - you deserve an exalt for that story!!

Old 08-05-2007, 10:48 PM   #33

Scraping floorboards?

vulcanvixen- When he finally found a place to pull over I jumped off the bike as I was once again.....losing my lunch .....and just layed down on the ground and told him to leave me there :'(.
We were in the middle of nowheres.....of course he refused and after a bit I climed back on the bike. We made if to the dealer...who knew me and said to my hubbie 'man she looks bad take my truck and take her to the ER.' I refused since we were 4 hours from home. Said just get me to a motel room, get me some sprite and tylenol elixer. The next day I drove my bike back home, just pulled over everytime I got a pain. Made it home, called the surgeon next morn and told him I had bad gallbladder attack. We did the hydascan.....my gallbladder was function at 9% instead of the norm 60-70% ...so he yanked it out the next day.
Kawanow Member #23

Old 08-06-2007, 12:25 AM   #34
Advanced Member

Scraping floorboards?

...wow! glad everything worked out for you unwind! I took my son for a ride yesterday (he's about 200 lbs)....shoulda added bit of air to the suspension cause now have a ugly little scratch on my right side pipe. Pucker factor was way up there too!!!!

Mike Donahue
Morinville, AB
VBA#17

"Every day above ground is a good one!"

Old 08-06-2007, 10:15 AM   #35

Scraping floorboards?

Thanks Lomax. The fella who owns the dealership called the next week to see how I was doing......real nice guy. He and my husband could not believe I drove my bike back home (I was determined to take my bike home) ....they said 'you're a better man than me'. LOL

Scratch on the pipes - an excuse for aftermarket?
Kawanow Member #23

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-08-2007, 08:28 PM   #36

Scraping floorboards?

Nothing that exciting for my scraping .... had been for a 2 up ride in the hills no problems. Scraped the right side board going round the round-a-bout just before home. Too fast too low too much fun

Old 08-09-2007, 07:30 PM   #37

Scraping floorboards?

Whew Unwind.......Kudos to you, girl!! Glad everything turned out OK in the end......

Old 08-09-2007, 10:13 PM   #38

Scraping floorboards?

Quote:
Scraped the right side board going round the round-a-bout just before home. Too fast too low too much fun
Roundabouts are the only thing dear Daughter has said she doesnt enjoy riding on, except for the tunnel that connects the two near me.

Old 08-16-2007, 02:10 PM   #39

Scraping floorboards?

I scrape mine ( 05') pretty regularly. I think it's good to know how far you can go. Never know when you may have to go that far to avoid something. When I first bought my bike I immediately rode it to a large EMPTY parking lot and began making slow ( 10mph or less) turns, as I got more comfortable I tightened them up till I I finally started dragging the boards. My wife doesn't like it either. I always get a HEY in my ear when I do with her on board.

Old 08-16-2007, 06:17 PM   #40

Scraping floorboards?

You're lucky, my wife has a tendency to smack me in the back when she figures I'm getting carried away. Lucky we have to wear helmets in Australia- saves the smack round the back of the head lol

Old 08-16-2007, 07:11 PM   #41

Scraping floorboards?

I still have not scraped on the Nomad.........

Old 08-16-2007, 11:03 PM   #42

Scraping floorboards?

I've scraped twice.....and both times it surprised me 'cause I didn't think I was leaning that far! Being a fairly new rider (less than 2 years) I thought it would freak me out if that ever happened. But I felt really comfortable and secure on my bike, tho - a testament to Kawasaki handling and engineering I guess!

Old 08-17-2007, 12:37 AM   #43
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge
Scraping floorboards?

Quote:
I still have not scraped on the Nomad.........
Yea, but what about the floorboards???

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 08-17-2007, 02:50 PM   #44
Top Contributor

Scraping floorboards?

VV, I know how you feel about the handling of the Nomad. I've scraped too and was impressed by how the bike handled.
VBA #0002
VBA VP-Global
B.A.C.A. Hoss
2005 "StrongBear" Black/Silver

Todd and BD

Old 08-17-2007, 05:18 PM   #45

Scraping floorboards?

Hey SWB.....just to clarify, I don't have a Nomad (yet). I ride the "little sister" - a 900 Classic LT. That's why I've been referring to myself as the "support vehicle" for this gang! I've ridden Nico's, tho, does that count??