Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > Canada East Group

Old 01-19-2010, 08:50 PM   #1

So who's out there

Hi All,
Because We have turned a page and now have a new regional board, I thought We could use this thread to find out a little bit about ourselves.

The Members list and members map may not accurately reflect our current situation, so I invite you to reply indicating you location ( city and Provence ) and what you might be interested in. A regional rally, a local get together, a riding buddy in your area, all of the above, none of the above, or get lost CNC.
I also invite those of you who may read this thread as a guest, own a Nomad and live in the region to join us.
CNC

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-19-2010, 10:53 PM   #2

So who's out there

Cheers CNC, congratulations on your new posting!

Greetings from dark and gloomy Moncton NB. Once the snow stops for a few months out of the year, this area is wonderful biking country. We've done some great tours through Maine, NB, NS, and PEI, and plan to do the Gaspe, this year. Actually, it was in the plans last summer, but other stuff always seems to find a way of wrecking the best laid plans, huh?

Anyway, hope to meet up with any other enthusiasts who happen to pass this way during riding season. The Nomad's a great tourer, and best of all, it's a real stand out among the sea of bikes from that "other" manufacturer. ;)

Hope everyone's staying warm and healthy!!

Old 01-20-2010, 12:01 AM   #3

So who's out there

Thanks Darth for the congrats.
Snowy and dreary here in Montreal as well. We don't really seem to have any active members here at the moment, but We have great riding north of here in the Laurentian mountains and 45 minutes south we get into more great roads in NY state and Vermont. I'd be happy to meet up with anyone headed this way. I was down your way last summer on the way to Nova Scotia, really enjoyed it and will have to go back. It may be awhile off yet, but I hope We can pull of a eastern regional rally sometime.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Old 01-20-2010, 12:01 AM   #4
Advanced Member

So who's out there

Casselman is what I call home when I'm not riding.

I wish i wouldn't have a home

Old 01-20-2010, 10:00 AM   #5

So who's out there

Howdy,
I live in Clarenville, Newfoundland (aka "The Rock" aka "Granite Planet").
Love the Nomad and ride it whenever the roads are dry and the temperatures are above zero. This winter is a bit unusual and I was out for a run two days before X-mas, still no snow here but lots of salt & sand on the road.
I'm a member of the Northern Stars, I'll be attending the Northern Stars ralley in Quebec this July and plan to detour into the States for a side trip. Even bought a trailer to haul behind the Nomad so the missus can bring her shoes and makeup!
If anyone is planning on visiting the Rock, call me 709-466-7774, free lodging and grub at my place as well as a garage full of tools at your disposal. Clarenville is right on the TCH about 1/2 way between St. John's and Gander.
Regards,
Gary

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-20-2010, 02:20 PM   #6

So who's out there

That is a very generous invitation Gary-o.
Where in Quebec is your rally and when in July? A few of us from Canada are headed to Lake George NY ( 3 and 1/2 hours south of Montreal ) for the north east Nomad rally the last few days of July. Maybe that could be part of your tour.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Old 01-20-2010, 03:11 PM   #7

So who's out there

Hi CNC,
It's the 2010 Cruise-In at TROIS-RIVIÈRES July 29, 30, 31, unfortunately it's the same dates as the North East Nomad rally, hotel, etc already booked.

Old 01-20-2010, 04:06 PM   #8

So who's out there

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary-o
Hi CNC,
It's the 2010 Cruise-In at TROIS-RIVIÈRES July 29, 30, 31, unfortunately it's the same dates as the North East Nomad rally, hotel, etc already booked.
Its too bad the timing isn't good, it would have been neat for you to make it to the NE ralley, its always a great time.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 01-20-2010, 05:02 PM   #9

So who's out there

Hey Timebandit, Your really not far from me. On the way to Ottawa right? I used to travel to Alexandria Ont a lot on the bike, now it's Montreal to Kingston, quite often.

Gary-o, Caper will becoming from Cape Breton for the North East rally, maybe you guys will bump into each other along the way.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Old 01-22-2010, 04:24 AM   #10

So who's out there

Gary-o, Caper will becoming from Cape Breton for the North East rally, maybe you guys will bump into each other along the way.[/quote]

I'll be sure to be in contact with Caper before then to discuss this. Currently there are probably 20 bikes leaving the rock about a week before the rally for a pre-rally trip into the US, etc. If at all possible, it would be nice for him to travel along with us.

Old 01-28-2010, 01:28 PM   #11
Advanced Member

So who's out there

Hi all

I am in Aylmer Quebec, about 20 minutes from Ottawa...Looking 4ward to get to know & ride with anybody close by.
TKS CNC!!!!!!!

Cheers all & looking 4ward to ride....

Guy

Old 01-28-2010, 02:44 PM   #12

So who's out there

Hey Vulcan guy,
We are not too far away, and Timebandit is about an hour or so from Me. Maybe the three of us can meet up for a ride. Do you ever ride down Hawksberry way?

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Old 01-28-2010, 09:49 PM   #13
Advanced Member

So who's out there

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnc
Hey Vulcan guy,
We are not too far away, and Timebandit is about an hour or so from Me. Maybe the three of us can meet up for a ride. Do you ever ride down Hawksberry way?
Hawkesbury is about 25min form my place. I often go for a qwick ride afterwork.

Old 01-29-2010, 12:04 PM   #14
Advanced Member

So who's out there

Hi Time & CNC!!!

Gr8 idea, sure would enjoy getting 2gether next spring & plan a ride...:)
I have rode into Hawkesbury via the Ottawa River off 17 passed Rockland, then took the 2 all the way to 416,heading home,
nice way to spend a day....

Cheers
Guy
AKA
Vulcanguy

Old 01-29-2010, 08:29 PM   #15

So who's out there

Hawksberry is about 50 minutes from Me. I ride up that way quite often, sometimes going on to ride in the laurentians ( I have a cottage 20 miles from St-jovite). I also travel hwy 2 up toward Kingston.
Timebandit and Vulcanguy We will definitely have to plan a ride together come spring.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136