Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 11-30-2017, 11:43 AM   #16

I would be pretty careful about buying an Indian or any other thing made by Polaris.
They seem to be very hesitant to recall products that have problems.
They also will shut the doors on a product without any warning.
I love my Victory Kingpin but will never buy another product from Polaris.
JMO/YMV
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 12-02-2017, 12:04 AM   #17

I've not had any problems with my 2016 Indian Dark Horse. Have had it over a year now, and its got about 6000 miles on it. I set mine up for touring.

I've owned 4 Victory bikes (2 Cross Country, 1 Cross Roads, and a High Ball), and my last one is up for sale right now at the consignment shop. While I was as irritated as any owner that they went out of production, I do understand that the brand was never profitable either. The Indian by all accounts is a nicer bike from a fit and finish standpoint, they definitely learned how to build one from their Victory experience. I for one, do not believe the people saying Indian will disappear over night. From what I've been able to gather, it appears to be profitable already.

Anyhow, here is mine. Would I buy one again? Yeah, perhaps... if they made something I wanted at the time. The Springfield Dark Horse was not out at the time, and I hate lots of chrome, so I basically made my own blacked out Vintage. Didn't want a fairing...

Old 01-20-2018, 07:54 PM   #18

My CDH is officially 19 months old today, and clicked past 33,000 miles. With my custom intake and exhaust mods along with a set of Bassani s/ons and proper tuning with the PVCX I am getting some incredible power AND MPG!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CAM01717.jpg (78.7 KB, 13 views)

Old 01-20-2018, 08:24 PM   #19

I drove a Vision and an Indian and while they did handle well they were missing something. A Radiator!! I just could not do it. I do to much in city travel / commute and every time the fan comes on I smile that I have a cooling procedure in place. To me it is basic physics, but I am not a Physicist. Worst yet I had to look up how to spell it.

2016 1700 Vaquero 10/4/2016
2007 1500 Classic W/ Reckless Fairing, 42,000 miles
2004 600 Honda Shadow 18,000 miles
1989 500 Honda CX Custom 55,000 miles
1973 400 Kawi Triple 5,000 miles

Old 02-19-2018, 08:15 PM   #20

Havn't been able to do much ridin. Went to the doctor few weeks ago and some lady came in spewing germs. I moved myself to the opposite end of the waiting room but she got me, been sick and unable to ride for a few weeks. Thankfully not the flu, and I gotta be REAL careful as I had a m/c accident back in 2000 in which I belly flopped onto the pavement, exploding my spleen. The spleen plays a roll in one's immune system, so when I get sick I gotta be real careful.

Anyways, this weekend I did some ridin, and today I saw I was real close to my next mileage milestone, so I rode enuff to hit it. Unfortunately I have another few weeks of being off the skoot as I have hernia repair surgery on Wednesday. The doc said I might be able to ride 10 days after, so I'll just have to be patient.

My CDH will be 20 months old tomorrow!!!

With proper tuning I am gittin some real good MPG, and sometimes I can run the tank to 240+ miles!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 34,000.jpg (81.6 KB, 7 views)

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-21-2018, 11:03 AM   #21

You're doing better than I am MPG wise, my Indian Dark Horse gets 42 if I'm lucky. I am just running Bassani pipes and a Thunder Mfg air cleaner with a Dobeck EJK however, so it isn't "tuned". I'll be doing the Stage 2 cams when the weather improves and I can get it scheduled into the shop...

Old 02-21-2018, 02:48 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikB View Post
You're doing better than I am MPG wise, my Indian Dark Horse gets 42 if I'm lucky. I am just running Bassani pipes and a Thunder Mfg air cleaner with a Dobeck EJK however, so it isn't "tuned". I'll be doing the Stage 2 cams when the weather improves and I can get it scheduled into the shop...
DO NOT, and I repeat DO NOT waste your $$$$ on the Indian Stage 2 cams, they are a joke as compared to what is now available, and myself and few others are working on cams that will cost basically the same or maybe a bit more than Stg 2 cams with HUGE increases in power. Those Stg 2 cams were nothing but a profit generator for Polaris and the dealers are EPA legal and really are what should have come in these skoots from the factory!!

Junk that EJK and invest into a PVCX, if you want more info on the proper way to set these TS111' up feel free to contact me, I enjoy chatting bout our skoots.

RACNRAY
954-455-9665

Last edited by RACNRAY; 02-21-2018 at 02:56 PM.

Old 02-21-2018, 07:14 PM   #23

Yeah I hear you, I'm not in it for squeezing out every drop of power though. I have an FJR sport bike that will always be a lot faster than that Indian unless I bolt a jet engine to it, haha.

The bike runs very nicely with the EJK and pipes and air cleaner, better than it did stock, I have been happy with it overall. I see others offering cams like Lloydz, and I've considered the power commander. Will continue to consider all options up to the point that I decide to spend money in the next few months...

Old 02-22-2018, 03:24 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikB View Post
Yeah I hear you, I'm not in it for squeezing out every drop of power though. I have an FJR sport bike that will always be a lot faster than that Indian unless I bolt a jet engine to it, haha.

The bike runs very nicely with the EJK and pipes and air cleaner, better than it did stock, I have been happy with it overall. I see others offering cams like Lloydz, and I've considered the power commander. Will continue to consider all options up to the point that I decide to spend money in the next few months...
I will be offering 2 grinds of cams soon at just a little more $$ as the Indian stg 2, both will KILL the Indian cams. Oh,and don't spend $$$ on a PCV, get the PVCX as it will not only wake that skoot up more than a PCV will EVER DO, but getcha that good mpg. The PCV was one of the first mods I did to help alleviate the leanness, but it now has a zero map cuz the PVCX allows us full access for fine tuning that the PVC just can't.

I have a 165 H.P. Busa that weighs ONLY 505 pnds with a full tank of gas, but with the cruisers it's nice to have more gitupngo in the rpm/speed range we ride in.

RACNRAY

Old 02-22-2018, 07:09 PM   #25

Your CDH's are gorgeous bikes fellas and since I'm considering a '14 Nomad 1700 in matte finish was wondering what brand of matte cleaners/sealers you guys are using.

Old 02-22-2018, 09:42 PM   #26
Advanced Member

Me and my buddy went on a ride & drive at an Indian dealer last fall and the had one bike with the cams, Ecu & intake. The other was stock, we were both in 3rd gear about 30mph and the stock bike was faster by quite a bit. We even switched and tried it again and same thing. We mentioned it to the host and he had no explanation. It was knocking on 3k for the “upgrades”

Old 02-23-2018, 11:58 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby View Post
Your CDH's are gorgeous bikes fellas and since I'm considering a '14 Nomad 1700 in matte finish was wondering what brand of matte cleaners/sealers you guys are using.
Here is what I use, and it works well...Cycle Care Ruff Cut Flat Finish Detailer. I had tried Klockwerks brand, definitely not as good.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CAM01761.jpg (79.8 KB, 5 views)

Old 02-23-2018, 01:24 PM   #28
Advanced Member

May be a slight delay in the demo rides.

PCV (removed)
Ivan's ECU flash

Old 02-23-2018, 08:25 PM   #29

Thanks Ray!

Old 02-23-2018, 10:17 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootergptx View Post
May be a slight delay in the demo rides.
Hahahaha...

Hopefully that quiets down this blatantly obvious insurrection from Ray & Erik to take over the VBA and convert us all over to that Polaris brand?

Nothing screams poor workmanship like wrinkles in the duct tape
'02 1500 blonde Nomad (Sold) '97 800 burgundy Classic (Sold)