Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > New Member Introductions

Old 11-22-2011, 12:48 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS Tequila View Post
Please don't come over mining for members. A lot of us are familiar with VRA and would join if we wanted.

Personally any group who has dues will not see me or get my recommendation.

Too many rules.

MT
I did not realize that, introducing a new riding group would lead to a hostility festival.

Crazygene49: (well named)

Your territorial instincts are noted. However, people are allowed to belong to more than one group. They cannot join if they do not know about it. After that, they can then make a choice. The fact that we already have 6 members is of no consequence.

MAS Tequila:

There are no dues. You get to ride with good people when you want to. No participation requirements. You must be thinking of another group.

Yoda:

If we are to introduce ourselves to Vulcan owners, we naturally looked for places that they would go on the internet.

You folks really know how to make someone feel welcome. Reminds me of my first day on a small island in South Carolina.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-22-2011, 02:17 PM   #17
Mega-Contributor

No, we're just suspicious of someone representing another group, who signs on here once to fish for members. We welcome new members all the time, but most of them have an interest in THIS organization and what we have to offer.

Also, if you are a chapter of the Vulcan Riders Association (VRA), there are dues involved. I am a member of the Phoenix Chapter myself.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 11-22-2011, 02:48 PM   #18
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via AIM to AlabamaNomadRider Send a message via Yahoo to AlabamaNomadRider
My thoughts on this are that I feel a person's first post should be the new member thread. Intoduce yourself, where you are from and what you ride. That would be the end of the first post. Once you get to know a few people on the forum and they get to know you then it would be okay to mention something about another association. But not the very first post. Just seems to me and others you joined to try to get new members with no interest in our association. Just my thoughts.

Last edited by AlabamaNomadRider; 11-22-2011 at 02:52 PM.

Old 11-22-2011, 03:25 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunman View Post
I did not realize that, introducing a new riding group would lead to a hostility festival.

Crazygene49: (well named)

Your territorial instincts are noted. However, people are allowed to belong to more than one group. They cannot join if they do not know about it. After that, they can then make a choice. The fact that we already have 6 members is of no consequence.

MAS Tequila:

There are no dues. You get to ride with good people when you want to. No participation requirements. You must be thinking of another group.

Yoda:

If we are to introduce ourselves to Vulcan owners, we naturally looked for places that they would go on the internet.

You folks really know how to make someone feel welcome. Reminds me of my first day on a small island in South Carolina.
Two posts and still no introduction? We're not a bad group once you get to know us.

Oldest Saloon In Nevada
http://www.pioneersaloon.info/

"Sin City Stan"
Henderson, NV
VBA #01004
VROC #29365
2004 Nomad 1500L5 +100 "The Bike"
2009 Nomad 1700 (past)
2004 Vulcan Classic 800 (past)
2010 Cortez - 2011 Crescent City - 2012 Kanab - 2013 Estes Park

Old 11-22-2011, 04:23 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack View Post
No, we're just suspicious of someone representing another group, who signs on here once to fish for members. We welcome new members all the time, but most of them have an interest in THIS organization and what we have to offer.

Also, if you are a chapter of the Vulcan Riders Association (VRA), there are dues involved. I am a member of the Phoenix Chapter myself.
The dues you pay are something your chapter decided to do. It is not organization wide.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-22-2011, 05:43 PM   #21

Thanks for the compliment.

Gene Chestnut
Dover, DE
USAF 1968-1995
VBA#01761
2007 Nomad 1600
Black and Titanium

Old 11-22-2011, 06:15 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunman View Post
The dues you pay are something your chapter decided to do. It is not organization wide.
Actually, it is organization wide, last I checked. I guess that is, IF you are actually a VRA organized group. If you are not, then that would be an infringement on the national VRA and they will probably ask you to change your name.

I once was a member of the VRA also and paid dues. As others have said, if you come aboard our group, let yourself be known for a while. Then there won't be an issue with you advertising and recruiting for your local group. I was a member here before my local group got started and I didn't have any issues with trying to recruit, but that's because these guys knew of me before hand. Just some friendly advice. ;)

***EDIT***

Just saw your intro post... welcome aboard This is a great group of guys with a TON of information at hand. Hope you stick around.

Matt "Mo" Moore
Owasso, Oklahoma
VBA #1250
2005 Nomad 1600 - Darkside

"There is no normal life, there's just life. So get on with it." - Doc Holiday

Last edited by mobandy78; 11-22-2011 at 06:18 PM.

Old 11-23-2011, 04:21 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobandy78 View Post
Actually, it is organization wide, last I checked. I guess that is, IF you are actually a VRA organized group. If you are not, then that would be an infringement on the national VRA and they will probably ask you to change your name.

I once was a member of the VRA also and paid dues. As others have said, if you come aboard our group, let yourself be known for a while. Then there won't be an issue with you advertising and recruiting for your local group. I was a member here before my local group got started and I didn't have any issues with trying to recruit, but that's because these guys knew of me before hand. Just some friendly advice. ;)

***EDIT***

Just saw your intro post... welcome aboard This is a great group of guys

with a TON of information at hand. Hope you stick around.

Thanks for the welcome. All I can tell you is that, I have been a VRA member for more than a year and have never received a request for money. Maybe things have changed. Time will tell.

Have a great Thanksgiving!

Old 11-26-2011, 08:57 PM   #24

Send a message via AIM to dabull
well......in his defense he did say hi and he was very polite in his invite. And yes he is looking for folks, in his local area to ride with.

That being said...VRA dues are collected at the chapter level and used by the chapter...amount...up to the chapter $1 to whatever the chapter decides...generally for buying patches and T's, summer picnics, Christmas party, whatever the chapter decides...

As for rules, well, there aren't many...other than have enough folks to start the group...the rest is small potatoes....

I am a VRA member, and like the group. I am also a Vulcan Bagger dude and like this group....of the many, these are the two Vulcan Groups that I chose to affiliate with.

Vulcan Baggers is regional to riders, VRA is Local to riders in their area.....Both good groups with good people.

Last edited by dabull; 11-26-2011 at 09:03 PM.