Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Instructions, Tutorials, Part Info, Recal Info, etc. > Engine

Old 11-08-2010, 04:43 PM   #1

Chuckster Dual Plate Intake Installation

At Billmac's KNOW session, Gene and I installed Chuckster's Dual 7" Plate Intake Mod on Bill's 1600 Nomad. It went quickly with the same recent installation on my Nomad still fresh in my mind and Gene's (Wanderer) help on the left side. Thanks Gene, you were a blessing. Chuckster provides great installation instructions with the kit and all of the needed hardware. His workmanship quality is next to none. The K & N E-3402 filter is sold separately. I've attached a link with step by step pictures of the installation only to help Joe's installation instructions. The only thing I've done differently with mine and Bill's Nomads are to remove the screws and square nuts holding the crossover air duct to the left OEM (filter) side plate. This gives more freeplay on the right side when bolting the inside plate to the intake. Be careful not to kink the crankcase breather hose when bolting the plate to the intake. It has to vent freely into the new filter to prevent oil leaks at every gasket on your engine. If you are in doubt about it venting freely, crank the engine after tightneing down the plate and feel for it venting out of the fitting coming through the plate. Also, the spacers that raise the rear of the tank 1/2" were required on my Nomad but not on Bill's. His tank has just as much clearance over the right side dog bowl without the spacers as mine has with the spacers. The only difference is I have the older 7" dual plate mod without the long spacers between the plates. Bill has the newer version. It makes installing the filter and dog bowl much easier. This is a great performance mod that keeps the stock dog bowls in place. It also allows you to quickly go back to the stock system should you elect to do so. I doubt that you will want to. This mod really wakes up the Nomad engine. Runs like a scaled dog when you're through. Before installing this mod, I strongly advise installing a TFI or Cobra fuel processor. Your fuel/air ratio will be extremely lean without it. Aftermarket free flowing exhaust complete the package.

http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/n...0Installation/

2016 Electra Glide Ultra Limited CVO
Palladium Silver / Phantom Blue
110 cu in SE

2012 Electra Glide Ultra Limited (Traded 6/22/16)
Tequila Sunrise / HD Orange
Vance & Hines true dual headers
Rinehart 4" slip ons
Screamin Eagle Super Tuner
Screamin Eagle Stage 1 intake
Dyno tuned
H.O.G.# 4514015

2007 Nomad 1600 (Traded 6/23/12)
VBA #482

Login or Register to Remove Ads