Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 10-27-2008, 12:28 PM   #76

Scraping the floorboards, do you?

Don't those only apply to 1500's?

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-27-2008, 01:18 PM   #77

I actually put the titanium on the outside V&H bagger baffle hold down bolts. Those drag more often.

Old 10-27-2008, 08:55 PM   #78

Haven't had time to read the entire thread yet but I do drag both sides on my Nad frequently, not intentionally to make them drag, just to make a nice feeling turn. On my VN800 there are replaceable knobs on the bottom the pegs and are called "lean limit indicators" Mine are worn completely off and have not replaced them. The Vulcan design in general is considered by some as being too lean restricted and I tend to agree but not sure I would want to go much further.

Old 11-11-2008, 10:50 PM   #79
Advanced Member

These vids were posted on another forum.

Thought they would be appropriate here.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=Csf3Om...eature=related

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=bWaq0z...eature=related

Old 11-12-2008, 02:32 AM   #80

Man Bosko, I love that first one...that's incredible riding!
Rich

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-12-2008, 06:56 AM   #81
VBA Founder

When I had my 98 Honda Magna, I scrapped all the time. After getting my Nomad, I scrapped for the first time and it scared the sh*te out of me. Wasn't used to scraping those big floorboards. I thought I had ripped all my mufflers off.

The problem with scraping on a Nomad is, if you inadvertantly dig your floorboards too deep into the asphalt, you can cause your back wheel to swing around and do a high side.
Trip's Website

Custer 09, 18 / Maggie Valley 11 / Eureka Springs 09, 17 / Antlers 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18
Texas Hill Country / Deals Gap / Colorado / Wyoming / Montana / Utah / More trips for Trip

Old 11-14-2008, 12:58 AM   #82

all of ya'll are nuts. I scraped one time coming down hwy 45 out of ES AR, purely accidental, and had to pull over and stop crying before coming the rest of the way down. NEVER would i do it intentionally, I fear the situation trip mentioned above, diggin in and coming down, hard.

Old 11-15-2008, 09:22 AM   #83

I have never scraped the boards on my nomad and hope I never do even though I have scraped them on other bikes. The only thing I can say is please ride where you are comfortable, if someone takes a curve at 70 and you feel better at 30 then ride there they will wait for you down the rode. A friend was riding with a group the front bike took a curve at a high speed and my friend tried to keep up and lost it and hit a truck head on so please be safe.

Old 11-15-2008, 10:41 AM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbikers
I have never scraped the boards on my nomad and hope I never do even though I have scraped them on other bikes. The only thing I can say is please ride where you are comfortable, if someone takes a curve at 70 and you feel better at 30 then ride there they will wait for you down the rode. A friend was riding with a group the front bike took a curve at a high speed and my friend tried to keep up and lost it and hit a truck head on so please be safe.
+1 +1

Old 11-15-2008, 01:24 PM   #85

Send a message via Yahoo to nomad

never scraped the floorboards but have scraped the bottom of the engine going thru low spots in the road...etc.

Old 11-15-2008, 06:08 PM   #86
Top Contributor

Hi All, I have never scraped the boards on the Nomad. I got that kind of riding out of my system a long time ago. In my younger days I used to ride everywhere flat out, the roads were my Isle of Man TT course. I dont know how I survived, or kept my licence. These days I enjoy the Nomad with a very different riding style. I still enjoy the twisties but ride with a get there safe attitude and dont overdo it.

Old 11-15-2008, 06:55 PM   #87

Both videos show some real skill. awsome to watch . I have never scraped boards on my nomad . I did it once on v star scared crap out of me thought the back end was going to pass me. honestly , i always thought engine gaurd would touch first. any any case realy dont want to find out while moving and on asphalt. Road rash while not contages is very painful.
2002 1500 biege/biege ( Darksider)
phattII risers / HD ultra trunk
Member #0855

Old 11-15-2008, 07:28 PM   #88

I have to admit I just about do it every time I ride and at any speed. It is not done intentionally but the bikes handles very well that it acts more like an early warning to tell me, that you are there.
Only once when going through many slower tighter turns in Oregon I wanted to see how many times I could touch in a row. I know Boys will be Boys, :) but it was fun.
I pump up the rear shock to try and lessen the chance, but it always never lasts more than a few days.

Old 11-15-2008, 07:43 PM   #89

I actually scraped the right one for the first time about a week ago on a road I had not ridden yet. Wasn't too scary.......at first. Then I thought about it, and the high side thing Trip mentioned. :-[ :'(

Don't think I'll "try" that again. My Harley bud broke his neck on a blind curve a few years back and he's always been a bit more cautious on curves than me. After having a talk, I think he's right.