Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > Canada West Group

Old 08-11-2011, 11:26 AM   #16

Are we having fun yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by usranger74
All of us living North America, are "Americans"!! And, those of us living in USA also have the "Cup"
Woah there! I'm not a American! I live in North America but am proudly a CANADIAN

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-11-2011, 12:03 PM   #17

Are we having fun yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdog
Quote:
All of us living North America, are "Americans"!! And, those of us living in USA also have the "Cup"
Woah there! I'm not a American! I live in North America but am proudly a CANADIAN
So is my wife so I will yield to this opinion (fact)

Old 08-11-2011, 12:24 PM   #18

Are we having fun yet?

Damn rick that cabin looks sweet. Hope that meeting goes well for you today.

Old 08-12-2011, 09:59 PM   #19
Top Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to rickyboy
Are we having fun yet?

Quote:
Hey!!! :(" title="" border="0"/> ;) I'm with John here on this American,....stuff. I'm a North American Canadian I'm not sure but I don't think the continent was named after the "American" people. I think maybe the American people might have named themselves after the continent. ??? I would consider the American people and the Canadians as cousins though.

Steve, yes I have been working steadily on the cabin. The inside isn't finished yet. I still have a ceiling to put up, moldings and such to do but I wanted to at least get some of the siding done this summer. Next summer I'll do the other two walls. The rear and far side of the joint. I'm pretty happy with it all, and love going there. I'm headed back on Monday. ......nothing big happened at my meeting with the Co. except the voc. rehab and occupational therapist got their eyes opened as far as why I can't get back to work doing my job. Unless you've been to a newspaper plant where a paper is made or perhaps seen it on the How It's Made TV show, most people don't have an idea of what happens. So now I wait to hear what the powers to be say at WCB after they get the reports from the therapist and voc. rehab person. The medical advisers will say what happens next. Keep your fingers crossed for a full pension and I get to retire earlier than I had hoped. ;) I'd settle for just being whole again and back to work really. But the other would be nice at 57 yrs. young.

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
108 Mile Ranch, British Columbia
Canada
Vulcan Bagger Assoc. #00722
Black 2006 Nomad

https://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/ico...Book_32x32.png

Old 08-12-2011, 10:11 PM   #20

Are we having fun yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyboy ... #00722
Quote:
Hey!!! :(" title="" border="0"/> ;) I'm with John here on this American,....stuff. I'm a North American Canadian I'm not sure but I don't think the continent was named after the "American" people. I think maybe the American people might have named themselves after the continent. ??? I would consider the American people and the Canadians as cousins though.

Steve, yes I have been working steadily on the cabin. The inside isn't finished yet. I still have a ceiling to put up, moldings and such to do but I wanted to at least get some of the siding done this summer. Next summer I'll do the other two walls. The rear and far side of the joint. I'm pretty happy with it all, and love going there. I'm headed back on Monday. ......nothing big happened at my meeting with the Co. except the voc. rehab and occupational therapist got their eyes opened as far as why I can't get back to work doing my job. Unless you've been to a newspaper plant where a paper is made or perhaps seen it on the How It's Made TV show, most people don't have an idea of what happens. So now I wait to hear what the powers to be say at WCB after they get the reports from the therapist and voc. rehab person. The medical advisers will say what happens next. Keep your fingers crossed for a full pension and I get to retire earlier than I had hoped. ;) I'd settle for just being whole again and back to work really. But the other would be nice at 57 yrs. young.
just a side story here - I lived in Australia from 1963-1967. While in school I once called my self an "American". The geography teacher said, "well, everyone living in North American is a American, you Blake are a Yankee" Just a thought.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-13-2011, 09:48 AM   #21

Are we having fun yet?

Hey Rick, I know what you mean by fast hard work, I spent 8 years in a can manufacturing plant. Everything is extreamly high speed, physically demanding work. Doing that type of work for an 8 - 12 hour shift, with an injured knee would be impossible in my opinion.
BTW that "cabin" looks great.

Old 08-21-2011, 10:27 AM   #22

Are we having fun yet?

Cabin is looking real nice Rick..someday I'm gonna stay there...someday ha ah..John