Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > Canada West Group

Old 07-17-2011, 09:08 PM   #1

Are we having fun yet?

It's pretty quite in here...mostly Americans. I'm thinking there can only be one good reason for this...we are all having too much fun pounding out kms. since we are limited to a short riding season.
I haven't been doing too much riding due to work, got the flu for 10 days and having to wait for a tire to come in. Finally got the tire, put it back on the bike, changed oil in diff., oil in motor, greased swing arm, made a new intake, cleaned out remaining packing in mufflers, made an air dam, shock mount greasers and some brass caps. Besides all that stuff, I've only been doing day rides at a tank or two at a time. Back to work tomorrow for 8 days..John

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-17-2011, 09:12 PM   #2
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via AIM to AlabamaNomadRider Send a message via Yahoo to AlabamaNomadRider
Are we having fun yet?

You have really been doing a lot of machine work. Really like your work. I haven't done any long rides. Ride most every day but only short rides. Rode 38 miles today but it was enjoyable.

Gene Cross, Jr.
Boaz, Alabama
KawaNOW/VBA #1181

Old 07-18-2011, 12:18 AM   #3

Are we having fun yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaNomadRider
You have really been doing a lot of machine work.
Yes I have..I go in spurts..usually when its nasty outside. I just designed and made two intercooler billet grilles for 2011 f150's, and a winch mount for a 450 artic cat atv.. None of these machines have factory or aftermarket grilles or brackets yet. I went for a ride today and ran into a couple of 106 victorys. One guy wants a custom luggage rack and the other guy wants a voltage regulator and oil grilles made up. I gave them my address to my shop and will hook up with them in about 2wks. Its really too bad shipping from Canada costs so much or I would send stuff south...John

Old 07-18-2011, 03:02 AM   #4

Are we having fun yet?

Wish I could ride. Bike ripped apart right now waiting on correct parts to come in.

Question on those caps, You turning those out on a lathe or using a CNC or another toy?

Old 07-18-2011, 02:51 PM   #5

Are we having fun yet?

Question on those caps, You turning those out on a lathe or using a CNC or another toy?[/quote]
I'm using a manual lathe :)

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-18-2011, 10:12 PM   #6

Are we having fun yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdog
It's pretty quite in here...mostly Americans. I'm thinking there can only be one good reason for this...we are all having too much fun pounding out kms. since we are limited to a short riding season.
You got that right! We've had some decent riding weather so I've tried to get out as much as possible.
In the last couple of weeks I've managed to get down to Waterton Nation Park, hooked up with a couple of other KawaNow'ers to take in an old car show in Lethbridge, set the wife on the back and took her out to a Tractor Pull/Demolition Derby in Vulcan, and caught an Airshow this past weekend up in Airdrie.
Trying to pound out the km's while the weathers good. And planning on taking a trip up the David Thomposon to Saskatchawan Crossing & Banff in the next week or two then down to Kalispell/Missoula toward the end of August.

So ya, I'm having fun!!!

Old 07-20-2011, 02:16 PM   #7
Advanced Member

Are we having fun yet?

Musta missed your bike @ Vulcan? Ole lady had her 1981 Passport in the Bike show part - won for most original bike - it is bone stock! It kinda pissed off the Harley guys as they had a big group with expensive store bought Harleys and an old Honda Scooter takes a prize! In normal fashion a Right outa the Showroom Harley won the People's choice but that's Okay - He paid for his Plaque!
We were gonna go to the Tractor Pulls and Derby but the ole lady got a bit ill from being out in the sun all day ( as you know us Albertan's haven't seen that much sun!) so we went back to the trailer and she had a layme down. There were some Vulcan's out there - not as many as usual as the guy who used to work for Precision in Red Deer didn't have as big a group to draw from so the Camp Fire get together wasn't as big as usual.

Old 07-20-2011, 11:04 PM   #8

Are we having fun yet?

Had the Bike on a side street, just there to look things over, Disappointed in the motorcycle turn out, thought there would be more. Derby was a good time, lots of carnage!

Old 07-22-2011, 11:35 PM   #9
Advanced Member

Are we having fun yet?

Been on lots of wet rides so far. Have not been on this site much of late. Put on about 6,000 kms on a ride a couple of weeks ago. Went into BC for a couple of days then headed south down through Montana, Whyoming and South Dakota. Rode the Black Hills for a couple of days and headed home. Say Mike's "Green" rig in High City as we were leaving early in the morning so I couldn't stop at the restraunt to say hi. Had a great run and look forward to a 3 day ride through Invermere, Whitefish, Mo., Road to the Sun, Staint Marys, Crows Nest Pass and back north on the Cowboy Trail in another couple of weeks. Our 6,000 km ride we encountered rain and some hail on a daily basis, just like home. Cheers all and enjoy our short riding season around here.

Old 07-26-2011, 10:17 AM   #10

Are we having fun yet?

My wife and I had an awesome ride the end of June out to the island and then across the ferry from Victoria to Port Angeles, and then down 101 through Lincoln City, Cresent City and San Francisco, and then back through Klamath Falls, Yakima and Cranbrook. 5200K in all, one hour of rain on our last day, and tons of great memories. I love my life!

Old 08-06-2011, 11:49 PM   #11
Top Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to rickyboy
Are we having fun yet?

You got that right John, it's been quiet to a point that even I don't drop in here on our own page. Seemed like no one had the interest to join in a conversation. http://www.vulcanbagger.com/phpBB3/v...ic.php?t=22012
I'm still laid up a bit with the screwed up knee and really haven't been on the Nomad that much. I was real disappointed in not getting to M.V. for the National. I'm keeping my fingers crossed I can make the Redwoods rally. I'll know more after a meeting with the WCB, employer and my Union Aug 11th. Have you got any plans to make the redwoods rally? I'm hoping I'll be hooking up with lomax and his wife as they pass by "the cabin". Oh sh*te!! I forgot that you still need permission from The President. How's that going? Can't you just give him a call and say "what'sup my brother? I'll behave, I promise". Tell him you'll be with me, I'm sure that'll change everything.

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
108 Mile Ranch, British Columbia
Canada
Vulcan Bagger Assoc. #00722
Black 2006 Nomad

https://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/ico...Book_32x32.png

Old 08-08-2011, 08:49 AM   #12

Are we having fun yet?

Geez Rick..I hope your meeting goes in your favour and your knee mends quicker..old age doesn't seem to want to coperate for you. Barrack doesn't seem to have me on his agenda. Hmmm eh! Actually I haven't done much with that this year...its been a hell of a year to say the least. Winter time I will press on to clear a canadian matter (its been cleared) with the U.S.. Just turned 50k the other day. I've been really busy in my shop this past month. I'm desinging a winch mount for Artic Cat for their 2011 450 atv. Its almost done and will post a pic when completed. You try to keep the smile on Rick...John

Old 08-10-2011, 01:35 AM   #13
Top Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to rickyboy
Are we having fun yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdog
Geez Rick..I hope your meeting goes in your favour and your knee mends quicker..old age doesn't seem to want to coperate for you. Barrack doesn't seem to have me on his agenda. Hmmm eh! Actually I haven't done much with that this year...its been a hell of a year to say the least. Winter time I will press on to clear a canadian matter (its been cleared) with the U.S.. Just turned 50k the other day. I've been really busy in my shop this past month. I'm desinging a winch mount for Artic Cat for their 2011 450 atv. Its almost done and will post a pic when completed. You try to keep the smile on Rick...John
Thanks John, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the meeting. There have been days when I've wondered how I'm going to be getting around 20 yrs. from now. LOL
I've been busy myself, doing some siding on the cabin and renoing/adding the kitchen. I know some will say that if I can do the work at the cabin I could go to my job, but not so!!. I can start and stop and do as little as I want at the cabin. Not so at "work". At work I have to run up and down three flights of stairs at a moments notice, step up and down into a "pit", push, stop, guide 1 ton rolls of paper into the press, carry 5-10 gal pails of ink, etc. etc.. Anyway I've been busy too. Here are a few photos.

Oh and maybe you want me to drop Barrack a line on your behalf. ;)

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
108 Mile Ranch, British Columbia
Canada
Vulcan Bagger Assoc. #00722
Black 2006 Nomad

https://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/ico...Book_32x32.png

Old 08-10-2011, 01:54 PM   #14

Are we having fun yet?

The cabin looks great Rick, youve been working hard by the looks of it.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 08-10-2011, 04:57 PM   #15

Are we having fun yet?

All of us living North America, are "Americans"!! And, those of us living in USA also have the "Cup"