Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > Canada West Group

Old 04-17-2010, 08:49 AM   #1
Advanced Member

Almost gone

After the dump of snow on Tuesday and Wednesday, we thought winter was back. Started snowing on Monday and a bit harder on Tuesday and by Tuesday night it was pretty much a blizzard. We ended up with 16" of heavy, wet snow on the flat and 800 downed power lines from Calgary south to the border. We were out of power for 18 hours and last night there was still 1900 houses without power in this area.

Temps have been well above zero the last 2 days and never went below zero last night, so things are melting nicely. Temps are forecasted to be mid teens today and tomorrow so we should be able to ride, as long as the wind doesn't howl. We haven't been on the Nomads for 2 weeks because it's been raining, snowing, or the wind has been blowing 60 to 70 kph.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-17-2010, 10:22 PM   #2

Almost gone

That really sucks! Just when you think winter is over for good, it comes back for another kick at the can. It was supposed to rain today here but it was so cold that it snowed pretty good for a while this morning, but it melted shortly after. We got lucky compared to you.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 04-18-2010, 12:19 AM   #3

Almost gone

Ya, early last week was a real crapper for your area, Calgary was just on the edge but managed to evade the rath of old man winter... In fact it was about 20 today so after installing my top rails and getting my nerves to calm down I managed to get in a nice 2 hour scoot.... sure is a tonn of bikes flying around
Hopefully you'll get'er out tomorrow also :)