Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 07-25-2008, 09:19 PM   #1

Alberta Nomad Riders

I'd like to put out a call for members on this board who are from Alberta.....Would love to meet up with some people and arrange some rides and get togethers. Getting kind of tired of seeing the same old people at the bike nights around edmonton.....I don't see too many Nomad riders around here but I know there are some out there......My wife always rides with me and she's kinda like Caddman's missus in that she's solid as a rock back there and not much of whatever I do seems to faze her....She's a keeper and I couldn't imagine having to spend any amount of time riding without her......Anywhoo, Just looking for some other Kawanowers out here.....Hope to hear from some of you.....

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-25-2008, 09:32 PM   #2

Alberta Nomad Riders

Have a look here http://www.kawanow.org/kawanowmembers.htm for some contacts

Old 07-26-2008, 12:02 AM   #3

Alberta Nomad Riders

Howdy from Stony Plain! Nice to see some more local riders here. You'll find Bdog, myself, and another fellow I work with that visits this site ( not sure if he's a member ) Fellow down in Calgary, and I think even some more around the Edmonton area. Would be great to get together and form an Alberta chapter of KawaNow and have some local or long distance rides. Send me a message and we'll hook up.

voyager

Old 07-26-2008, 08:58 AM   #4
Advanced Member

Alberta Nomad Riders

I know there are sh=t load of Nomads in Calgary, not sure how many on this board? There were a bunch on the CanuckLong Riders Forum awhile back. Maybe a run to Red Deer some Saturday would be good? Ima leaving for Sturgis next Wednesday and won't be back for awhile but there should be others around!

Old 07-26-2008, 04:20 PM   #5

Alberta Nomad Riders

I would be in for a ride altho im not much of a bike night crowd but the wife and i have been to a few. To many cliques for me really and im more of a rider than a parker anyway lol. I did ride with another nomad rider who has since sold the bike and all they wanted to do is ride from one timmies to the next and over a whole night we would be lucky to ride 10 miles. Just packing for 10 day ride out to Vancouver island but would love to meet up when we get back.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-27-2008, 08:56 PM   #6

Alberta Nomad Riders

Quote:
Originally Posted by westjet
I would be in for a ride altho im not much of a bike night crowd but the wife and i have been to a few. To many cliques for me really and im more of a rider than a parker anyway lol. I did ride with another nomad rider who has since sold the bike and all they wanted to do is ride from one timmies to the next and over a whole night we would be lucky to ride 10 miles. Just packing for 10 day ride out to Vancouver island but would love to meet up when we get back.
I hear that....We have found the same things on the few bike nights we have gone to.....We enjoy riding out to Pigeon Lake or Wabamun Provincial Park, Or even longer trips like Jasper, or Banff, or Rocky Mountain House. Email me when you get back from your trip and I'll send you my phone number so we can get together.

Old 07-28-2008, 04:58 AM   #7

Alberta Nomad Riders

Sounds like I heard a call for an MCH "MeetChaHalfway"

Pick a day, pick a place, and meet for a meal and good company.

When y'all do get together, don't forget to take and post plenty of pictures!

Old 07-28-2008, 05:31 PM   #8

Alberta Nomad Riders

Quote:
Originally Posted by LW
Sounds like I heard a call for an MCH "MeetChaHalfway"

Pick a day, pick a place, and meet for a meal and good company.

When y'all do get together, don't forget to take and post plenty of pictures!
I hear ya......Will take the camera along when we do go for a get together......

Old 07-28-2008, 06:44 PM   #9

Alberta Nomad Riders

Have about 4 here in Lethbridge and another 3-4 in the Hat, but only ride with a couple of them, anything going on let me know

Persuit to Mons
VBA#00566
05 Black over Silver Nomad/19 Voyager

Old 07-28-2008, 10:56 PM   #10

Alberta Nomad Riders

Hey Doc, my wife and I met up with JJ and his wife from Edmonton this evening and had a great chat. We talked about forming a Canadian West Coast chapter out of the Canadian chapter run by ringadingh. Started collecting contact information and the more we get the better chance we can all hook up some where central to us all. Send me a message and I'll contact you. This goes for the rest of you western canucks

voyager

Old 07-29-2008, 09:43 AM   #11

Alberta Nomad Riders

Since there seems to be a few of you fellas out west now, I'll talk to Trip and the staff about setting up a western rally, if this is what you want. Perhaps you could get together and organise something for yourselves either in BC or Alberta. Since Im almost 3000 miles away I don't know the areas like some of you guys, but let me know, and we can talk about it. I'll do what I can to help out.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951