Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Free Classifieds > Parts & Accessories

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-21-2018, 08:05 PM   #1

Need Help With Connection: LED/Daymaker 4.5 Aux Light Install

Recently bought a kit that has a 7" LED headlight and two 4.5 Auxiliary LED lights. The headlight connection was easy because it had the 3 prong, H4 plug which went into the factory connector perfectly. Works fine. The auxiliary lights have the 2 pin, H8 style connector on them. So I plugged these into the factory H8 receptacles in each side of the fairing. Plugged in my OEM accessory light switch from Kawasaki to the 2 prong connector in the fairing near where the switch is mounted in the accessory hole (left side). Lights do not turn on. I tried them with the bike running, made sure the hi-beams were off and the accessory switch is on. I get nothing.

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong? Any idea if there is a separate fuse for the accessory headlight circuit I can check? Wondering if these aux lights need to be used with a ballast or voltage regulator like some of those HID kits use. Unfortunately they didn't come with instructions and I've so far been unable to reach the sellers.

Stumped!

Login or Register to Remove Ads