Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > Australian Group

Old 01-26-2009, 04:36 AM   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to aj
Australia Day!!!

Hi everyone, hope you all had a great Australia Day. Had the family around, love spending time with the grandkids. Had a barby for dinner and yes there was plenty of Lamb!!. The week is going to be flat out with CFA duties, lots of planning. Talk about the "wrong" time to take holidays!! Anyway cheers to you and yours.

ps, only downside...........no ride!!!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-26-2009, 05:59 AM   #2
Advanced Member

Australia Day!!!

i know your pain aj, no ride for me either today. i had to work all day. this morning i had to set up a shed slab, (it was very hot on the shovell inside a tin shed) then spent the whole arvo hanging off a concrete saw, so by the time i got home i didnt have the strength to do anything but lift a few cans. gee it sucks to be your own boss, no public hollidays......

Old 01-26-2009, 02:47 PM   #3

Australia Day!!!

I had a great Australia day weekend as well AJ did not work we rode down to Port Campbell
and spent 3 days relaxing and riding the great ocean road.
Ali's fokes have a shack there so it is a great place to call base and do lots of day rides out of.

Old 01-26-2009, 05:10 PM   #4

Australia Day!!!

hi guys we went for a ride around the bay via queens cliff and across the ferry nice cruise good day out.

Old 01-27-2009, 05:04 AM   #5
Advanced Member

Australia Day!!!

i didnt realize this was the , rub it in that we had the weekend off, thread....................

i think i need to retire.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-27-2009, 08:34 AM   #6

Australia Day!!!

You need to move to Melbourne and get out with us a bit more

Old 01-28-2009, 05:18 AM   #7
Advanced Member

Australia Day!!!

it would be nice, but i dont think i could handle living in the city. i had a hard enough time when i moved into town.

Old 01-28-2009, 03:54 PM   #8

Australia Day!!!

I know what you mean Jammie AI have a country back ground as well but in time you get used to it a lot more social life in the city.
Bloody heat is a killer at the moment 43.3deg here yesterday man it was hot got home from work went to the shed opened the door and when the heat hit me closed it and opened the fridge grabbed a beer and proceeded to down a few for the rest of the night.

Old 01-29-2009, 05:33 AM   #9
Advanced Member

Australia Day!!!

yeah its the only way to cope finky, i didnt even bother working today, it was 45 deg here today so i went down the river instead. it was perfect sitting on the beach surrounded by bushland and watching the kids have a swim. i also managed a ride but took the xj for a spin for a change.

Old 01-29-2009, 03:30 PM   #10

Australia Day!!!

That is the best part of being self employed you get to take a day of when it gets that hot,Spoke to EDS last night and he did the same I just worked through it unfortunately I had 2 meetings one in the city the other at Dandenong so spent part of the day driving in the heat.
I was held up on the westgate yesterday when that guy through his 4 year old of the bridge
Just wish I had caught the barstard.

Old 01-30-2009, 06:44 AM   #11

Send a message via Skype™ to aj
Australia Day!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by finky
That is the best part of being self employed you get to take a day of when it gets that hot,Spoke to EDS last night and he did the same I just worked through it unfortunately I had 2 meetings one in the city the other at Dandenong so spent part of the day driving in the heat.
I was held up on the westgate yesterday when that guy through his 4 year old of the bridge
Just wish I had caught the barstard.
I'd love to lend him a hand............then let go as he fell to a painfull death............................prick

Old 02-01-2009, 04:54 AM   #12
Advanced Member

Australia Day!!!

yeah just a little to the left though (you wouldnt want him to drown )