Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > Canada West Group

Old 02-28-2012, 10:45 AM   #1

What have you done??

Winter deep freeze has been here for a while now, which is usually when us Canadians tinker on our bikes. Just curious what others have done this yr. to there bikes.
I'm in the process of changes this yr., so far I've replaced my steering brgs., front wheel brgs., fork seals and bushings. Painted the front rim center's, polished the rotors and calipers along with rebuilding the calipers.New HH pads. Stripped the front forks clear coat, then sanded them down to 2000grit and polished the hell out of them. Installing a new generation Reckless fairing along with a full set of marine gauges. Built a dash insert too(sig. pic).
Then will be moving on to engine work..not much needed but what the hell..as long as winter is here, may as well.
Oh yeah..just ordered up a custom trailer to haul the bike in from the frozen north to warmer areas..it should be finished by end of april.
What have you done???

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-28-2012, 11:53 AM   #2

We have had an unusual winter here in Colorado, too. It first snowed in October and there is still October snow under the fresh stuff. Usually we get snow, it lasts a few days, it warms up, the snow melts, we get a ride or two and then several weeks later it does it again. We have had the worst February (actually, 2nd worst) in my memory...we are two inches from setting a snow record of all time in Feb.

So, I have had plenty of time, but all I got done is an install of the Audiovox cruise control, oil and filter change and then I took off the stock pipes and installed the V&Hs that came with it. I'm working on a bluetooth helmet/CB connection at the moment (nearly there)...

Tim
VBA #01884

Old 02-28-2012, 03:05 PM   #3
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via AIM to AlabamaNomadRider Send a message via Yahoo to AlabamaNomadRider
I will be looking forward to see some pictures bdog. Your work is always outstanding.

Here in north Alabama I have just been riding a lot as it has been like spring this month.

Gene Cross, Jr.
Boaz, Alabama
KawaNOW/VBA #1181

Old 02-28-2012, 03:47 PM   #4

All I have done is ride a little I got in a little over 800 miles in January and a little over 1200 in February sure wish I had time to work on my Bike.

Old 02-28-2012, 04:05 PM   #5

I have my Nomad exactly how I want it so I switched lightbars on the wife's 900 LT. She wanted a different look.
Too damn cold to work out in the garage to do anything else.
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Login or Register to Remove Ads