Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 07-15-2018, 04:19 PM   #1

New England VBA'ers - help with road trip...

I am planning a ride for August of '19 in the New England states. There will be four bikes/four couples. We want to hit as many back roads, scenic roads and quaint townships as possible.
This will be a week of riding in the area. We want to do bow-tie or shamrock tours. IE Camp in a spot, spend two or three days looping out and back, then out a different way looping back to the campground before moving on.

Target area: New Hampshire, Vermont, Connecticut, Maine, Mass and Rhode Island. Upstate New York is fine, want to avoid big cities and traffic as much as possible.

My "theme" for this ride is RUSTIC and HISTORICAL. So, covered bridges are IN, Lobster from the wharf a must do.

So, your input is greatly appreciated! What roads fit the bill? Tell me about covered bridges, the roads in and out, etc. If you were going to make a loop, how would you order the target spots, townships, etc.?

You can PM me for more details or additional info. Thanks in advance, we appreciate it!

Ride safe,
Smokier
2012 Victory Crossroads in Sunset Red "Ruby"

Previous Vulcans: '15 Vaquero, '12 Vaquero, '10 1700 Nomad, '04 1500 Classic, '01 1500 Classic, '88 Vulcan 750
VROC # 10967 | VBA # 3115

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-15-2018, 04:32 PM   #2

I put together a ton of stuff about riding in New England for the 2017 National in Lake George and the 2014 Regional in Lincoln, NH. PM me and I’ll send to you. Also happy to chat with you if you want.

Tom Maziarz (tomm)
VBA #00766
2008 Kawasaki Nomad (Black)
1978 Suzuki GS750EC (My son is riding it now.)

2017: National Rally - Lake George, NY
2016: NE US / E Canada Rally - Mont Tremblant, QC
2015: National Rally - Eureka Springs, AR
2014: NE US / E Canada Rally - Lincoln, NH
2012: NE US / E Canada Rally - Wellsboro, PA

Old 07-17-2018, 08:57 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomm View Post
I put together a ton of stuff about riding in New England for the 2017 National in Lake George and the 2014 Regional in Lincoln, NH. PM me and I’ll send to you. Also happy to chat with you if you want.
Greetings Tomm,
Thanks and perfect, will do exactly that!

Ride safe,
Smokier

Old 07-17-2018, 05:20 PM   #4

We drove through the NE while on vacation last summer and all I could think of while driving through the green mountains (I think those are the right ones) in Vermont was I wish I were on the bike. Great roads and awesome scenery.

You'll have an awesome trip!
Auxillary Lights
Kuryakyn Longhorn Highway Pegs
Mustang Seat

VBA #: 3681