Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 06-29-2015, 08:16 PM   #1

Tuning help

I was wondering ?? Is there anyone one in the Dayton Ohio area with a 2012 Voyager that has a power commander V on it , that would be willing to hook there lap top to my bike and check my setting ? I get pretty crappy gas mileage . wife and I rode like 50 miles yesterday and I went thru almost a half tank.....Being I go the bike used , I have no clue how the PCV is set . and I don't have a lap top or the software to do it myself .
Bike has cobra tri ovals with a K/N filter in the stock intake .
PCV

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-29-2015, 09:12 PM   #2
Mega-Contributor

If you know anyone with a laptop, you can download the software from Dynojet, then all you need is the right USB cable to hook the PCV up to the laptop.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 06-29-2015, 09:18 PM   #3

I believe I have the right USB cable ...looks like the same one that goes to my phone . I have download the map onto my home computer , but when I try to open it nothing happens......do I need to download something else besides the map I want ???
PCV

Old 06-29-2015, 09:39 PM   #4

I would take the PCV off and see how it runs.

Old 06-29-2015, 11:39 PM   #5
Mega-Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipack View Post
I believe I have the right USB cable ...looks like the same one that goes to my phone . I have download the map onto my home computer , but when I try to open it nothing happens......do I need to download something else besides the map I want ???
Yes. There is an application you need to install that displays the PCV info and manipulate the values and upload the maps to the unit. I'm not near my laptop or I'd tell you what the app is called. It should be available on the website.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-30-2015, 09:38 PM   #6

well it all worked out ..the long way around...after work today stopped at radio shack and picked up the proper usb cord . then spent the better part of a hr downloading the install soft ware and map onto my home computer and dumped it into a thumb drive . then I head over to a buddys house to borrow a lap top .......Well his kid was home and he has some go fast , bent over , land rocket of a bike Suzuki 1000 I believe . he had the proper cord and the software on the lap top already ........he looked up my bike and found the map I wanted ...and bammm it was done.....I don't know what map was installed to begin with but I installed the map for slip ons and stock air filter ...all I know is all the number moved and changed so I fully expect to see better gas mileage , bike runs great ...the idol dropped just a tad , the throttle response is quicker and I don't smell fuel so I should be good. I was kinda tired of getting like 90 miles or so for 3/4 of a tank ...hopfully I see a change for the better.......
PCV

Old 07-03-2015, 04:17 PM   #7
Advanced Member

I pack yea you were running really rich and losing power and dumping too much fuel through the chambers which will indeed yield lousy mileage and cut your power numbers in half. If you pulled the V out of your bike, it would run strong and responsively and bump your MPG figures up a ton. It would though, with the setup you have tend to make it run just a little lean but might not hurt it. The power commanders I had in the past, two of them took a dump on me and I never bought one again. I am having huge success in my Vaquero with the low cost Cobra FI2000 tri-pot tuner that comes with tuning instructions and how to set it up. easy plug and play, then you just go through 3 manually adjustable little screws to get your bike to run like a gazelle......it works for me. You might want to consider that one.
Chuckster's tear drop intake, Freedom true dual racing exhaust, Ivan flash, Clearview windscreen, Corbin gunfighter seat, Clockwerk's hugger style front fender, Kawasaki KQR backrest and luggage rack, kuryakyn iso grips and rear passenger boards, front highway pegs, revolutionspeed clutch and primary covers and reservoir and switch box covers and Kuryakyn skeleton rearview mirrors.

Old 07-05-2015, 06:16 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlknvlcn60 View Post
I pack yea you were running really rich and losing power and dumping too much fuel through the chambers which will indeed yield lousy mileage and cut your power numbers in half. If you pulled the V out of your bike, it would run strong and responsively and bump your MPG figures up a ton. It would though, with the setup you have tend to make it run just a little lean but might not hurt it. The power commanders I had in the past, two of them took a dump on me and I never bought one again. I am having huge success in my Vaquero with the low cost Cobra FI2000 tri-pot tuner that comes with tuning instructions and how to set it up. easy plug and play, then you just go through 3 manually adjustable little screws to get your bike to run like a gazelle......it works for me. You might want to consider that one.
Actually the bike ran very well , just got crap mileage . Now with the new map the display shows right close to 37 MPG but Im gonna ride till the fuel light come on then fill up and do the math .....
PCV