Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 12-02-2007, 04:26 PM   #31

Lower Leg Fairings - pics

a
Quote:
Very nice, CR!! Those turned out better than you originally described. Looks sharp!
Thanks Trip - I thought they would look nice, but they surpassed my expectations. Ma Kawi should sell the Nomad like this!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 12-02-2007, 04:28 PM   #32

Quote:
Very very nice!!! You may find them abit hot in the Summer. I put vents in mine from e-glide goodies. You cannot believe the difference!!!! When it's cool they are closed and when it gets warm they are open. They are adjustable but you cannot adjust when riding unless you have very very long arms.
I'll check these out. I figured I would have to remove them in the summer - Vents will definately be needed in the hotter months. I get nice-n-toast when the temps in the 30's.

Old 12-02-2007, 04:30 PM   #33

Quote:
Are these sold based on the year of the Nomad, or one size fits all?
They make two versions. 1999 - 2004 and 2005-2007. They'll paint them to match the factory color from the year of your bike.

Old 12-02-2007, 04:31 PM   #34

Quote:
lQQk'n good!!!

HOLY Cr*p that photo is wacked!

Old 12-02-2007, 04:37 PM   #35

Quote:
This is a great addition! Really upgrades the bike and looks like it came from Kawasaki on the original bike.

If you don't mind me asking, How much did this set up cost?

Did you add the light bar with the fairing?

Also, is there a trunk that matches the fairing and lowers?

You may have answered this earlier, but your bike looks very good and I am dreaming of a glossy black set up like yours on my bike.

Thanks

::)
They ain't cheap, the main fairing was $1450 and the lowers were $800, plus $125 shipping. This included the painting to match the oem, so I think the price is competitive with the other add-on fairings I've seen, and the quality is top notch.

I had the light bar on before the fairing with the oem window.

Yes, Premeux makes a real nice looking Tour-pak trunk that matches these. I was going to order that as well, but my wife really liked the look of the Corbin trunk, so I've got one of them on order. You can checkout their website:

http://www.premeux.com/Home.asp

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 12-02-2007, 04:38 PM   #36

Quote:
[IMG]http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee158/rewindgy/Newbikepictures018.jpg[/IMG]

Have no idea if this will work? Not computer literate!
Sweet! I like the smoked glass with the black bike - Very nice.

Old 12-02-2007, 04:39 PM   #37

Quote:
Look's great. I hate the fact I just ordered a $200 tall windshield replacement from clearview. "Should a - Would a - Could a" is the story of my bike.
You still have a righteous lookin' scoot there, so I wouldn't feel tooo bad...

;)

Old 12-02-2007, 04:42 PM   #38

Quote:
Beautiful bike. Started saving now. Wonder if the college fund will make a loan?
The blue/silver combo of your bike is my personal favorite. I'd love to see your bike with this setup - Although, it looks pretty dang good now.

Old 12-02-2007, 04:43 PM   #39

Quote:
Hey there chesseyrider, I have the check in my hand and soon it will be off to serge. I'm going with the lowers and the fairing. i'm holding off on the tour pack for now. I'm also having him install the radio on the fairing. Sweet sweet sweet best looking japanese hare rey on the road.... As soon as i get the items I'll post pics.
Can't wait to see it!

Old 12-13-2007, 11:34 PM   #40

Help with putting on hard pack lowers, the deflectors are in the way?

Chris

Old 12-14-2007, 12:51 AM   #41

Do you mean the lowers from Premeux are hitting the kawi lowers on the forks?

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 12-14-2007, 04:50 AM   #42

Yes Premeux lowers are in the way of the Kaw lowers and with the CWI light Bar the piece of the arm is gouging the top end of the Premeux lowers. $800.00 shot to sh*t. But there has to be a solution. And I had the radio installed with the fairing but with me running Phat11 risers i cannot get the rain cover open, so before i tighten everything down i will need to put the memory card in, I'm thank full it's a 2GB will give me many hours of music. I had to drill a hole about the size of a tooth pick so I'm able to turn it on/off.... ask me if I'm having fun yet.... :(" title="" border="0"/>

Old 12-14-2007, 09:24 AM   #43
Advanced Member

You can use the Kawi lowers but not he Factory Lower mounts! I moved the plastic lowers up so they don't hit the Premuix Lowers and made new mounts. Also, turn the Radio cover 180 degrees ( or upside down) this way it opens up and you can get to the Radio for minor adjustments ( the Remote pretty much covers all of the functions you need day to day anyways). With the Cobra Lightbar I had to make an extender for the lightbar so it wouldn't hi t fairing & lowers - no big deal ( a plate from 1/4" steel moved lightbar ahead 1 1/2" so now everything fits. I am not sure why your light bar hits? A buddy of mine has the same lightbar and lower setup and his doesn't come closer than 1/2" to the top of his lowers at full lock?

Old 12-14-2007, 09:56 AM   #44

Well after a few hours of meditation, a couple of problems solved. I bent the Kaw lower ahead about 16th of an inch which now clear the Premeux lowers. And with the light bar i put a small piece of rubber on the Premeux lowers where the end of the light bar touches the lower, now the paint won't be damage. As for the radio are you using Phat11 risers 4" if so then i will rotate the cover. Thanks for the info.

Old 12-14-2007, 10:32 AM   #45

When my handlebars are turned either full left or right my fork lowers have about 1/2" clearance, however I have th F/S lightbar with the turn signals mounted on the ends of the lightbar,and the chrome housings of the turn signals just barely rub on the top of the Premeux lowers when the bars are turned to the full extreme. This has left a small mark about 3/16" on the lowers, but barely noticeable

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951