Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > SouthEast Group

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-21-2017, 01:49 PM   #1

My dad

I didn't post anything when this happened because I really couldn't bring myself to do so.

My dad passed away on March 7 while in hospice care in my hometown in Ohio. He did so on his terms and without pain. He had taken ill the prior weekend. I did get to his bedside before he passed. He recognized me, we exchanged I love you's and he never spoke again. He was 88 years young.

All my boys and Miss Tammy came up for the funeral. I delivered the eulogy...the toughest thing I've ever done.

I realize life is a terminal deal but when you say goodbye to your dad and the last of his generation in the family, you lose a lot. I caught myself getting ready to call him on Sunday night...our usual night to talk. It will take some time to break that habit, I'm sure.

See everyone on the road sometime this spring or summer. Serious seat time is needed I think.
2003 BMW K1200LT "Magic Carpet" DOA 11/7/2015
VBA #00291
IBA # 41995
DS #320
'08 Elkins, WV; '09 Helen, GA; '09 Custer, SD; '10 Stanton, VA; '11 Maggie Valley; '12 Townsend, TN; '13 Estes Park; '13 Blairsville, GA; '15 Eureka Springs; '16 Helen; '18 Custer, SD

Login or Register to Remove Ads